Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Heroine Dragon- Battle Tournament January 25 2019

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Though I do get through every tournament I do feel it isn't fair to some players and the percentages is not universal. The ADIPS dragons should have a higher chance of beating champions and it shouldn't take a player 10 or more tries to beat one dragon. There's a problem there and it needs to be addressed and fixed.
    I agree totally skyharbor. I am so over StoryBook and Tales and Bingo - tournaments the only reason I keep logging in. Lately however I'm encountering at least 8 dragons that average 6-8 attempts to defeat even though I use best suited opponents. I am wondering why we invest time and gold on building a champion fighting troupe covering all colour combos which against all the odds still get beaten.
    In this tourney I am still battling BLAZE so I am clearly not going to complete yet again.

What with the uneven battle field - ie having to compete with players who get video options - rarely seen on my screen and if they do appear they usually don't work; AND the constant crashing; AND the so so boring month long focus on same element dragons which of course means that it's been months since I bred a NEW dragon, I'm seriously questioning whether I really need the aggravation any longer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I agree totally skyharbor. I am so over StoryBook and Tales and Bingo - tournaments the only reason I keep logging in. Lately however I'm encountering at least 8 dragons that average 6-8 attempts to defeat even though I use best suited opponents. I am wondering why we invest time and gold on building a champion fighting troupe covering all colour combos which against all the odds still get beaten.
    In this tourney I am still battling BLAZE so I am clearly not going to complete yet again.

What with the uneven battle field - ie having to compete with players who get video options - rarely seen on my screen and if they do appear they usually don't work; AND the constant crashing; AND the so so boring month long focus on same element dragons which of course means that it's been months since I bred a NEW dragon, I'm seriously questioning whether I really need the aggravation any longer.
    100%

*****ing the player base is shortsighted when a game isn't producing enough revenue.

Until lootbox laws go into effect and there is true accountability within gaming (mobile gaming in particular), we will continue to see things like this.

Finally! Cleared it with an hour left on the clock. Beat the Pearlhorn, using a Valiant, with three bashes.

Banned
    If the 20+ losses on Warrior King weren't enough. And then more on Warrior Queen. And Blast. And Mithril. All using dragons with the best possible change to win. Even the Soul dragon gave me 2 90% win chance losses which has a 1% chance of happening. Then there is this on Pearlhorn (2.6% chance of happening):

Spartan 15 60% win chance L
    Daywing 15 60% win chance L
    Glasswing 15 60% win chance L
    The Dark One 15 60% win chance L
    Valiant 15 60% win chance W

The last dragon has always been one where it seems you always get a break with a quick 1 battle win or at least a win on the second battle. I guess no more.

Stop *****ing your customers.
    Last edited by chuckyt888; 01-31-19 at 12:20 AM.

Fashion Designer
    This may seem blatantly obvious, but it makes more sense if you think the other way around: A 25% chance of winning also means you have a 75% chance of losing, every single time you face a Champ with an ADIPS. Losing is the expected result. Those odds suck. They intentionally suck.

When you take into account all the Champs beaten in just one or three rounds, when you look at all your level 16+ Champ battles as a whole and not just focus on the ones that take a million rounds to beat, the odds make more sense. Odds prove out over time and many, many, many, many battles. What appears to be rigging and discrepancies is simply how odds shake out. Sometimes you're going to keep landing in that 75% group, over and over and over. And over. Other times it only takes one punch.

I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence, so I will call this an illustration: last tourney, only one Champ took me more than one round to beat. That one outlier only took me 5 rounds to beat. Average that out with my total Champ battles this tourney, including the stupid Warrior King that held me up for 14 rounds, and the odds make more sense. If I had the exact numbers of total rounds fought against Champs, I bet I even beat the 25% odds, overall, on Champs across the last two tourneys. (I didn't keep track this tourney, but only WK gave me trouble. There was another one I had to fight between 2-4 times, IIRC?)

That's still nowhere close to being enough battles to make a determination on how accurate the given odds are, though- it just illustrates that we, as humans, tend to forget about the swift one and two punch victories and focus on the 20+ rounders. Show me the rosters for the last 6 tourneys and I can tell you exactly which Champs gave me trouble. Heck, I could probably do it for the last 10, and so could most of the folks on this thread. We remember more vividly the stuff that is a royal pain the butt, or the extremes. That focus can make the odds feel wildly inaccurate.

It's intentionally set up with abysmal odds to sell Ultimate Attacks, and also so there is never an unbeatable dragon, no matter how few dragons you have or how low your level (every dragon at any level has at least a 10% chance of beating every other dragon). And mostly to sell Ultimate Attacks. S8 is never going to change it. Cuz $$$.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-31-19 at 12:53 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Didn't finish this tourney. Warrior King had me battling for 1.5 days I lost 20+ battles. Then I hit onto Steelflare, was battling him for 2 days straight. Gave up need to heal my dragons. I feel like back in the day when I didn't own any champions and only had a small amount of dragons to fight with who were not level 10.

Banned
    I used to track every tournament. As much as I wish it did, it didn't play out that way. Even when factoring in quicker victories it was still far below threshold. They eye opener on this is sandbagging players with anywhere between 15-30 losses on a single dragon when using 25% win chance dragons. This happens every single tournament. Usually on more than one dragon. That's telling of what is going on. You'd have a better chance at winning the lottery with what happens over time in these tournaments. There is likely player profiling going on in conjunction with all of this. I'm actually willing to believe that the numbers play out across the entire player base. That just makes it more sickening to me; however, as you realize the extent of what's happening. Unfortunately things like this have become commonplace in this industry. Until it's regulated and strict accountability is in place, they won't stop even if it means running a game into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    This may seem blatantly obvious, but it makes more sense if you think the other way around: A 25% chance of winning also means you have a 75% chance of losing, every single time you face a Champ with an ADIPS. Losing is the expected result. Those odds suck. They intentionally suck.

When you take into account all the Champs beaten in just one or three rounds, when you look at all your level 16+ Champ battles as a whole and not just focus on the ones that take a million rounds to beat, the odds make more sense. Odds prove out over time and many, many, many, many battles. What appears to be rigging and discrepancies is simply how odds shake out. Sometimes you're going to keep landing in that 75% group, over and over and over. And over. Other times it only takes one punch.

I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence, so I will call this an illustration: last tourney, only one Champ took me more than one round to beat. That one outlier only took me 5 rounds to beat. Average that out with my total Champ battles this tourney, including the stupid Warrior King that held me up for 14 rounds, and the odds make more sense. If I had the exact numbers of total rounds fought against Champs, I bet I even beat the 25% odds, overall, on Champs across the last two tourneys. (I didn't keep track this tourney, but only WK gave me trouble. There was another one I had to fight between 2-4 times, IIRC?)

That's still nowhere close to being enough battles to make a determination on how accurate the given odds are, though- it just illustrates that we, as humans, tend to forget about the swift one and two punch victories and focus on the 20+ rounders. Show me the rosters for the last 6 tourneys and I can tell you exactly which Champs gave me trouble. Heck, I could probably do it for the last 10, and so could most of the folks on this thread. We remember more vividly the stuff that is a royal pain the butt, or the extremes. That focus can make the odds feel wildly inaccurate.

It's intentionally set up with abysmal odds to sell Ultimate Attacks, and also so there is never an unbeatable dragon, no matter how few dragons you have or how low your level (every dragon at any level has at least a 10% chance of beating every other dragon). And mostly to sell Ultimate Attacks. S8 is never going to change it. Cuz $$$.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345