Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone else had issues with gifting lately?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    Sugarcat5 mentioned that she always fail to gift the same first person of her list, which sounds to me that it's not a bug in her case, but that person maxes out from other people's gifts and when Sugarcat5 tries to gift him, she fails.

In your case things seem to be more complicated, because you send the gifts one by one and you see the max out error message on different neighbors, which sounds rather impossible!
    By getting the max out error, hopefully it doesn't affect your 3 gold procedure and you can re-send it, even in the same player. If you get the same error for the same person for second time in a raw, then for sure he has reached the daily limit of the receiving Golds.
    But I suggest you to make a test. The daily server time that resets the gift, maps etc. counters is at midnight (PDT time).
    Wait for the counter to be reset and then start sending your gifts 2-3 or 5 minutes later and see what's happening! It's impossible for any player to get maxed out in such a small period of time.
    If you get the same error message, try it twice and if it persists, it seems that there is a new bug in town!

As for the other error case, when you retry to send a gift after the error message, but your neighbor's name is gone from the list, it means that you have already gifted him and he has received your gift. Sometimes, even though we get the error message, the gift has already been sent successfully! I don't know if it is a 100% successful procedure, instead of the error message and I can't be sure if all those times the gift is really sending or not, but I have seen that happening many times (when I am gifting my second island) and I can assure you about that. All the times that I got this error message and the gift was sending to my second island, that island really received the Gold without a problem at all, but as I already mentioned, I can't be sure if it is a 100% successful procedure for all the players that face the same in-game error messages!
    Why don't you ask your neighbors if they have received your Gold or not that day, to verify it?
    Plausible theory...however, I usually gift first to my other island so I can check to see that the gold was actually gifted. Most of the time it is but occasionally it's not(rare tho). I would hate to short change one of my faithful neighbors so that's why I send it to my other account first now.

Fashion Designer
    I've been gifting directly through the Neighbors list (instead of using the gifting queue) and haven't had an error message since my last post. Don't know if that's really a work-around or just the bug not acting up the last few days?

Fashion Designer
    Will a Mod please check with S8 and find out what the problem is? It will be greatly appreciated. Something is not right!

The Honorable Panda
    I have flagged this thread over.

I personally have not experience any issues with Gifting (play on iPhone XS max)

Edit- KP- I did confirmation that the gifting system is working as intended and no changes have been made to the gifting system.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-30-19 at 01:33 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I have flagged this thread over.

I personally have not experience any issues with Gifting (play on iPhone XS max)

Edit- KP- I did confirmation that the gifting system is working as intended and no changes have been made to the gifting system.
    Thank you for your help in checking on this. I have not had any issues with this problem either, but was curious.
    Thanks again!

Rhino Keeper
    A bit late but I have had this issue for months if not years. Every couple of days I get the error message for one of my friends. It is usually the first I try to gift but a few days ago it was the last. I will try to gift from the neighbors list like FireballFarm suggested and see if that helps.

For all those players that have issues with gifting, take a look to that very old topic of the forum. It may give you a good idea on what's happening and it may give you some help too...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    For all those players that have issues with gifting, take a look to that very old topic of the forum. It may give you a good idea on what's happening and it may give you some help too...
    Wow, over 3 years and they still haven't fix the error message problem? Guess they don't care to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I think this might be something different or new? Or maybe the old bug behaving in a new way, or possibly getting worse?

It sounds like the bug you describe has to do with sending gold gifts in a batch? For a long time (ever since figuring out how to circumvent the map request error message/checkmarks disappearing/Stormie issue), I have been sending gold 1 piece at a time. I've never gotten an error message doing it that way, not until a few weeks ago. Literally years with no issue. I haven't changed my gifting behavior, I still send it in 3 separate transactions. (aside from some experimenting I've done this past week: trying to send all 3 at once always causes one of the errors, sending the gold 1 at a time causes an error about 50% of the time.)

If I exit out to retry, the friends' name is gone from the queue for the day, as if the gold was sent. No redos are possible. But I don't think the gold is actually sending.

I very highly doubt any of my gold friends are suddenly getting 20 gold a day. Two of them I have been gifting for over 3 years and one of them for over a year, with no "they've can't receive more" errors until just a few weeks ago. Even more doubtful is suddenly all 3 friends are regularly collecting 20 gold, each, a day. The message rotates around between them, and it sounds like the error is probably popping up on whichever friend I gift first each day (as per Sugarcat's post, above).
    This has been happening to me too and yesterday I only had one friend to gift, really strange. Hope they fix it.

Executive Chef
    it happens to me sometimes. i gift over to my hubby & him to me and sometimes we get the errors. but we still get the gold. however, we only started getting this error past 2 weeks
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12