Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else had issues with gifting lately?

Fashion Designer

Has anyone else had issues with gifting lately?

For the past few weeks, my gifting queue has been acting wonky. I have had the same 3 gold friends for ages, it's usually just a matter of a few taps to gift them back. But recently I've been getting error messages- the one that says I already gifted the max for the day (when I haven't) and the one that says my friend's game has received the max gold for the day and can't receive any more (or something like that). That second message rotates around between my 3 gold friends, so I'm pretty sure it's not accurate. Then, today, my oldest gold friend wasn't in the gift queue. The record of all their recent gifts was just gone. I thought maybe they had uninstalled the game, so checked my Neighbors list. They were listed there, so I sent them gold that way.

The whole thing is just weird. Has anyone else been having simialr issues lately?
    I've got Ch. 10 coming up in a few hours and am getting nervous about the requests. Plus, I want my friends to get their gold!
    authoritarian:
    adjective

1. enforcing strict or favoring blind obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.

2. showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been getting the same error message for weeks now. It's always the first neighbor that i gift to. The second and third have no issues. I know that i havent gifted to that person for the day so when it comes up as I have gifted I know its an error. Add it to the ever growing list of bugs n issues for this game

Banned
    No issues for me (yet). *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    For the past few weeks, my gifting queue has been acting wonky. I have had the same 3 gold friends for ages, it's usually just a matter of a few taps to gift them back. But recently I've been getting error messages- the one that says I already gifted the max for the day (when I haven't) and the one that says my friend's game has received the max gold for the day and can't receive any more (or something like that). That second message rotates around between my 3 gold friends, so I'm pretty sure it's not accurate. Then, today, my oldest gold friend wasn't in the gift queue. The record of all their recent gifts was just gone. I thought maybe they had uninstalled the game, so checked my Neighbors list. They were listed there, so I sent them gold that way.

The whole thing is just weird. Has anyone else been having simialr issues lately?
    I've got Ch. 10 coming up in a few hours and am getting nervous about the requests. Plus, I want my friends to get their gold!
    I’ve been receiving the first error you described for more than a year. I put it down to the syncing issues that the game seem to exhibit each time I wake it from a long sleep; meaning that the game was opened in the background and I switch to it without closing and restarting it.

Over time I’ve come to accept this error and simply close the gifting window, when the error pops up, and reopen it again.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for the responses, I am glad to hear it's not just my game/my device. But certainly not glad you all are having issues, too. My iPad3 is old, so I always worry about problems being due to that.

The first one is a very old and known bug that never fixed. Hopefully hasn't any kind of influence upon your daily gifting procedure. Close that error pop up message and the neighbor list. Then, open up your neighbor list again, pick up the 3 neighbors that you want once again and send them the Gold. This second time everything will go fine!

The second message isn't an error. It means that one of your neighbors has a lot of people who gift him on a daily basis. So, when sometimes he receives 20 Gold in one Day (this is the limit), he maxes out and he can't receive any more Gold for that day from other players, including your gift too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    The first one is a very old and known bug that never fixed. Hopefully hasn't any kind of influence upon your daily gifting procedure. Close that error pop up message and the neighbor list. Then, open up your neighbor list again, pick up the 3 neighbors that you want once again and send them the Gold. This second time everything will go fine!

The second message isn't an error. It means that one of your neighbors has a lot of people who gift him on a daily basis. So, when sometimes he receives 20 Gold in one Day (this is the limit), he maxes out and he can't receive any more Gold for that day from other players, including your gift too.
    I think this might be something different or new? Or maybe the old bug behaving in a new way, or possibly getting worse?

It sounds like the bug you describe has to do with sending gold gifts in a batch? For a long time (ever since figuring out how to circumvent the map request error message/checkmarks disappearing/Stormie issue), I have been sending gold 1 piece at a time. I've never gotten an error message doing it that way, not until a few weeks ago. Literally years with no issue. I haven't changed my gifting behavior, I still send it in 3 separate transactions. (aside from some experimenting I've done this past week: trying to send all 3 at once always causes one of the errors, sending the gold 1 at a time causes an error about 50% of the time.)

If I exit out to retry, the friends' name is gone from the queue for the day, as if the gold was sent. No redos are possible. But I don't think the gold is actually sending.

I very highly doubt any of my gold friends are suddenly getting 20 gold a day. Two of them I have been gifting for over 3 years and one of them for over a year, with no "they've can't receive more" errors until just a few weeks ago. Even more doubtful is suddenly all 3 friends are regularly collecting 20 gold, each, a day. The message rotates around between them, and it sounds like the error is probably popping up on whichever friend I gift first each day (as per Sugarcat's post, above).
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-24-19 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added more details

Banned
    Just hit back and then try to send again, it is the game, does it to mine all the time, cause we know how many we send and to who we send to all the time!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Just hit back and then try to send again, it is the game, does it to mine all the time, cause we know how many we send and to who we send to all the time!
    That's not working- after getting the error, the friend is rendered un-gift-able until after reset. But the gold isn't sending.

I think this might be something different or new? Or maybe the old bug behaving in a new way, or possibly getting worse?

It sounds like the bug you describe has to do with sending gold gifts in a batch? For a long time (ever since figuring out how to circumvent the map request error message/checkmarks disappearing/Stormie issue), I have been sending gold 1 piece at a time. I've never gotten an error message doing it that way, not until a few weeks ago. Literally years with no issue. I haven't changed my gifting behavior, I still send it in 3 separate transactions. (aside from some experimenting I've done this past week: trying to send all 3 at once always causes one of the errors, sending the gold 1 at a time causes an error about 50% of the time.)

If I exit out to retry, the friends' name is gone from the queue for the day, as if the gold was sent. No redos are possible. But I don't think the gold is actually sending.

I very highly doubt any of my gold friends are suddenly getting 20 gold a day. Two of them I have been gifting for over 3 years and one of them for over a year, with no "they've can't receive more" errors until just a few weeks ago. Even more doubtful is suddenly all 3 friends are regularly collecting 20 gold, each, a day. The message rotates around between them, and it sounds like the error is probably popping up on whichever friend I gift first each day (as per Sugarcat's post, above).
    Sugarcat5 mentioned that she always fail to gift the same first person of her list, which sounds to me that it's not a bug in her case, but that person maxes out from other people's gifts and when Sugarcat5 tries to gift him, she fails.

In your case things seem to be more complicated, because you send the gifts one by one and you see the max out error message on different neighbors, which sounds rather impossible!
    By getting the max out error, hopefully it doesn't affect your 3 gold procedure and you can re-send it, even in the same player. If you get the same error for the same person for second time in a raw, then for sure he has reached the daily limit of the receiving Golds.
    But I suggest you to make a test. The daily server time that resets the gift, maps etc. counters is at midnight (PDT time).
    Wait for the counter to be reset and then start sending your gifts 2-3 or 5 minutes later and see what's happening! It's impossible for any player to get maxed out in such a small period of time.
    If you get the same error message, try it twice and if it persists, it seems that there is a new bug in town!

As for the other error case, when you retry to send a gift after the error message, but your neighbor's name is gone from the list, it means that you have already gifted him and he has received your gift. Sometimes, even though we get the error message, the gift has already been sent successfully! I don't know if it is a 100% successful procedure, instead of the error message and I can't be sure if all those times the gift is really sending or not, but I have seen that happening many times (when I am gifting my second island) and I can assure you about that. All the times that I got this error message and the gift was sending to my second island, that island really received the Gold without a problem at all, but as I already mentioned, I can't be sure if it is a 100% successful procedure for all the players that face the same in-game error messages!
    Why don't you ask your neighbors if they have received your Gold or not that day, to verify it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast