Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marble Key Crafting Time

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    Totally agree with every comment posted above. I have cut my expenditure on Dragon Story by 50% because of space restrictions. The game has become so frustrating that I am looking for a New Game to play. Any suggestions?

BTW
    I needed 35 keys to expand yesterday. When I checked today it’s gone up to 40. How/why can this happen?
    After each row that you clear, it goes up. I'm currently needing 45 keys per expansion. I think some people are up to 60 or more.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat4115 View Post
    How much gold do the gpd?s give per day? I thought it was only 3 gold/day per gpd which is 24 gold.
    They are all capable of producing 5 per day. Some of the older ones give the max at level 10 and newer ones need to be level 15. So 8 dragons at full capacity can produce 40 per day but you have to be very strict on the collection timing.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Also, having gold giving dragons on their OWN habitat ONE per habitat will help prevent you from being ripped off your gold if you can only collect once a day this would be the best method for you. Unfortunately, when the treasure habitats first game out they all held 10 gold but then they decided to change it saying they needed to balance the game because there was only 2 gold giving dragons back then. So now that there’s TONS of golf giving dragons they should change it back.

As far as the marble keys goes... DO YOU SEE S8 ?!? DO YOU SEE? EVERYONE HATES THE MARBLE KEYS RESTRICTIONS AND TIME REQUIREMENTS! There’s NOT a single person here that thinks this was a FAIR or FUN decision. we hate it! We don’t want to support it and you are actually LOSING money because we only want to buy the things we actually like that are fun not the things we hate that are absolutely ridiculous. We LIKE dragons and habitats...but we HATE marble keys restriction time! It’s the WORST design you guys have EVER Had and I honestly think everyone should speak up on how much they hate it and then maybe when you guys understand how much we all hate it and that you’re actually losing money on it because we can’t buy dragons and habitats because we don’t wanna waste money on stupid space restrictions for the marble keys... maybe you will change it and have a better system in place because this was the worst thing you guys have ever done to the game. I will not spend a single gold or a single dollar in support of marble keys. I will ONLY buy dragons and special habitats, I refuse to spend my money on something so absurd and UNFUN! You know you’re failing at something when your players are literally saying how unfun and how much they don’t like something in your game. Games are supposed to be FUN! Please change this and develop a better system!
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Executive Chef
    They simply don't care. No matter what we as a group of players ask for, they don't do it. They respond to individual problems/glitches through support Tickets, but they haven't responded to any requests or suggestions that we have asked for as a group. They completely ignore all of our feedback. I don't really understand what their mission statement or theory of business or whatever it is. Obviously it is not to listen to customers. I thought the customer was always right, but not according to this company. We can continue to suggest, beg, plead, and rant, but nothing will ever change in my opinion.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilsadrago View Post
    Agree, this situation is ridiculous! Why would you allow a situation where players can't place dragons? The game is called DRAGON Story. The objective is to get DRAGONS. If players get dragons, but can't hatch them, what's the point in playing? I've said this before, but when I run out of room (and I've been hanging on by a thread for months, barely getting space) I will stop participating. I will collect my 40 gold per day and craft marble keys. Period. No more using a little gold here and there to speed things up a bit or to play bingo for boosts. No more buying a bit of gold when it's on sale.

The upside is that by the time I get enough marble keys to clear space, I'll have a bunch of gold! I won't need to buy any! Yay for me; lost profit for Storm8. I will take in about 1200 gold per month. At 2 months per space, that's 2400 gold I will bank while getting keys for space. Hmm... I think I can figure out another way to spend time while I wait it out. I guess I can live with playing sporadically, worst case scenario!
    Dragon Story players before marble keys were introduced: "S8 couldn't possibly alienate its players any further."

S8 staff: "Here, hold our beers!"

Lol! Posted in jest.

Fashion Designer
    I agree with EVERYTHING everyone has said in their previous posts.
    I don't know what else to do except QUIT THIS GAME!

6/28/19: I've tried, but I can't quit this game! I'm so mad at myself! At least, I won't play as often...I hope!
    Last edited by MajicHearts; 06-28-19 at 10:33 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Dragon Story players before marble keys were introduced: "S8 couldn't possibly alienate its players any further."

S8 staff: "Here, hold our beers!"

Lol! Posted in jest.
    lmao
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Farm Supplier
    I thought for the prizes give who need maps and who need d marble d marbles it really is very frustrating

Play being strangled to death by the Marble Keys expansion model

I'm going to be honest - I really, really hate the Marble Keys. Specifically, I hate how long each one takes to craft. I'm at the point where each expansion requires 35-40 Marble Keys, and each one takes a day to craft. That means that it takes five or six *weeks* to clear a space for a single new habitat - space for three new dragons - while in that same time there are several events and tournaments and goal dragons and I end up gaining at least twelve new dragons, often more, without even trying. And many of those events involve crafting things, which takes time away from crafting those Keys and means that it takes even longer to expand. Meanwhile, the Mine that used to give island pieces has been closed for years, and I have about a hundred thousand Maps which have been absolutely useless for years now, even though there is still a Quest to get them and they sometimes still turn up as Spin the Wheel rewards. It's incredibly frustrating.

I have dozens upon dozens of dragons in Storage and a couple of dozen more in the Stable which I would love to have out so I can evolve and enjoy them. I've had to store or trade away dragons that I really like just so I have a place to put a dragon that I need in order to complete an Event. This choke point of how long it takes to expand now is ****ing me whenever I try to play.

Please, please, please either shorten the Keys' crafting time back to one or two hours like they were at first, or make new expansions available with Maps and/or Mining. Or all of those things! All of them would be fantastic!

Executive Chef
    To whom it may concern at Storm8 Studios:
    1. The main point of the game is to collect dragons.
    2. The game releases approximately 14-18 new dragons per month, not to mention that we have the option to buy dragons (which puts money in Storm8's pockets) and craft dragons.
    3. Once a player can no longer expand with island parts or mystic maps, the only way to expand is with marble keys. Requiring 50 marble keys (which is where I am at now) takes 50 days since only one key can be crafted per day and since our crafting shop is often tied up with crafting materials for events. This means that it takes 50 days to get space for 5 dragons, but in the meantime approximately 30 new dragons have been released. This, in turn, makes players unable or unwilling to play further, which means $$$$ **NOT** being spent and therefore not lining Storm8's pockets.
    4. Perhaps some players are willing to pay for marble keys or to shorten the crafting time. However, from reading forum posts, it seems that the majority of us are not willing to do that, at least on a regular basis. Therefore, if Storm8 thinks that they are going to get rich by extorting gold from players to get marble keys, their thinking is backwards. They would sell more dragons and more habitats if they allowed us to expand often enough to keep up with the number of dragons that are released, which means that we need to expand approximately once each week.
    5. Happy customers are more willing to pay money than unhappy players. Open your eyes and your minds, whoever makes the decisions at Storm8!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123