Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marble Key Crafting Time

Nightclub Owner

Marble Key Crafting Time

I posted this in the Suggestions & Feedback section, but after seeing how that there's basically no activity there, wanted to post here too.

Currently I have no room for any new habitats which is awful because I always buy the new one that is on sale weekly. I am trying to craft marble keys as fast as I can but it's still a very slow and painful process. Given that we need to craft items for events, such as Tales, and to craft dragons, it's so hard to focus on keys that take a whole day.

My proposal is either of 2 options; give us a dedicated building to craft keys that take one whole day - or shorten the craft time permanently to 12 hours or less. As it stands, the max number of keys needed to clear one space is 35 which means one space per month. This is an extraordinary amount of time given that there are so many new dragons being introduced once or twice per week. Also, if the time frame was reduced, we could even squeeze in a key between crafting responsibilities. This still will take a lot of attention and time management but at least we'd be able to clear a space every 2 1/2 weeks or so.

I really hope you help us with this issue so the long time players can continue to enjoy the game and the new players know that the pace will not come to a grinding halt at some point

ETA: Just found out from a post below that it gets to the point that 60 keys are needed for one expansion (!!!!) That will take TWO MONTHS to craft enough keys which is ludicrous
    Last edited by amerirish; 01-25-19 at 10:50 AM.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    I completely and vehemently agree but S8 can be deaf on some things. This problem is another example of their counter intuitive 'penalize the loyal veteren player' business model.

Rhino Keeper
    I was hoping we would get to use mystic maps on some areas again. We keep getting them as prizes in events and they appear to be useless now. It would be nice to be able to convert them into the keys at least since expansion is so difficult now. I need 35 keys to expand and it is taking some of us out of the game. It was doeable at 20 but now I can’t buy habitats since I don’t have land and then can’t add dragons. It is a vicious cycle. Either reduce the number of dragons released or events or let people expand, please.

Rhino Keeper
    Well I need 60 keys per spot now. I'm maxed out and only have the whole bottom land left. Just can't craft keys fast enough and I have 8000+ raw materials and counting. This expansion method is terrible. I'd love to see more mining land

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmortaI1 View Post
    Well I need 60 keys per spot now. I'm maxed out and only have the whole bottom land left. Just can't craft keys fast enough and I have 8000+ raw materials and counting. This expansion method is terrible. I'd love to see more mining land
    60 keys per spot?????? <insert every swear word in the book here>

Rhino Keeper
    I agree...crafting time for keys needs to be reduced AND the number of keys needed for expansion needs to be reduced! And please give us something to do with the ever accumulating maps and island parts. I know lots of people still use them in their games including my own baby account, but on my main account they are useless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmortaI1 View Post

This really was a genius strategy by Storm8 for slowing nay halting our progression in this game! Over 2 years of begging, pleading and this is what the result is and what was really amusing was the pomp and puffed out chests when it was announced about new land being released!

Well it has been great for ruining the game! I have not been as prolific as you and I am still on the upper level but wow it takes you 60 Keys to clear one space, given the fact that a community event can give up 10 Keys (I maybe wrong) so you need to craft 40 Keys in 2 months whilst crafting all other goodies for Tales etc!

What really is awesome is 4 habitats and 20 odd new dragons are released and you get to clear a singular space, congratulations Storm8 as you continue to reward us with redundant maps, Island parts and slabs of Marble, you really are, well there are no words to publishable words to describe how I feel about the deplorable way we are treated!

Fashion Designer
    I imagine it isn't as big a deal for newer players as they can craft keys while they are still also using maps to expand and they will end up with a nice stock pile by the time they get to that island. Likewise, when I started, mining for land meant I could mine and add spots on the floating islands while still expanding with maps - quicker to expand than someone that had cleared everything before the maps option came out.

I am glad we now get marble keys as prizes in some of the events (though would like more - highest level Tales players don't need maps or island parts...).

I also think the time should be rolled back....12 hours is a better timeframe. I have over 1000 pieces of raw marble and am about 3.5 rows into the first island and running low on space for new islands. I need 30 parts now, which means about a month per spot (take into account the prize marble, subtract the time taken to craft other things in the spell shop). One spot per month and I need about 3 new habitats per month for the new dragons....I have only about 10 dragons in storage, but one is in the dragon stable waiting a habitat, and 3 in the stable because I really just want to trade them but they are currently untradable and I needed their habitats.

So yeah....I'm really starting to run out of room....

Nightclub Owner
    Could perhaps a Mod check on this issue with the devs? This is a major problem for a lot of players. Thanks in advance.

Banned
    LOLOLOLOL! We over in the Fantasy Forest Story have not received new expansion areas in *A YEAR*! That's right, folks, a year! And we have been begging for spots for months. This isn't a matter of it takes too long to gather material to expand. This is a matter of there are 0 expansions left, period. Our pleas have fallen on completely deaf ears, so I am not very confident that we will get much of an answer here in DS, either, but they do seem more invested in DS than in FFS, so maybe there is hope. Whoever came up with this idea that we should need 60 keys to expand is, quite frankly, a few dragons short of a herd (or whatever a group of dragons is called). I also buy all the new habitats as they are released, so approximately 1 per week. It won't even be worth playing when it gets to the point where I can only expand once every 2 months. I guess Storm8 doesn't want customers to spend gems on habitats every week. It is truly a brilliant business model.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast