Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal of Common dragons once events have finished. Thoughts please!

Fashion Designer
    Yes! There is no need for them after their event concludes. The extra two weeks is a great idea, especially since so many are unable to breed the dragon during the event (which is a whole other can of worms...). But, after that two weeks, they should be GONE. I'd like to see them removed if only because I am sick to death of seeing them, lol!

There is something I have been wondering: are they actually super commons? Post-event, I get way more of the event commons than the older commons: 3 Enamoured to every 1 Winter, even though the same combos can produce both. Don't even get me started on Neo Flippin' Bubble. For every 5 NBs, I only get 1 Coral. They're identical, rarity and type-wise, but one consistently turns up much more frequently than the other. It's been happening at such a lopsided ratio, so consistently, and over such a period of time, that new and the old commons appear to be weighted differently within the common dragon pool. This is only speculation based on lots of observation over the past year.

(The NB:Coral numbers are probably a better representation because I have been breeding for black hybrids *a lot* over the past year. I don't do white combos anywhere near as often. This matters because if NB and Coral are weighted equally, the gap should be getting smaller, not larger, with more breeding results/data)

Ok, bear with me. I have theories, as usual. Here's what I have been thinking:

At first, when the first new commons came out , I was like eh, no big deal. A common is a common. There is always a 65% chance (or whatever- I forget the exact breakdown of rarity odds, but 65% is in the ballpark) of getting a common outcome. More unique dragons added to the common pool doesn't increase the chances of breeding a common. The chances of getting a common as opposed to getting a rare, super rare, or ultra rare, will still be 65%(ish). More dragons added to the common pool just means the (frequent) common outcomes will have more variety, dragon-wise. That was my thinking when they first started coming out...

But, since then, I've noticed what appears to be an increased chance of getting a new event common instead of an old common. In general, the 65%(ish) chance still seems to be intact. Commons are, after all, common. But when it comes time for the algorithm to assign which particular common dragon you are getting, to draw one from the common pool, it seems the new ones are weighted more heavily than the old ones.

Idk. Something seems different about their drop rate within that 65%(ish). As for a possible reason why, they only thing I can think of is Bingo. The new commons started coming out (roughly) around the same time Bingo was introduced. Bingo awards high points for breeding tasks. Maybe weighting the new commons more heavily within their own pool is a way to hamstring that? Hoping people will spend gold to speed breed past 5 NBs to finally get that high point Coral task completed? Idk, just speculating and trying to make sense of it.

Whatever it is, they gotta go. If I see one more Enamoured or Evil Bubble I'm going to start breaking stuff.

Edits: brain farted with Enamoured/Love/Winter. I blame Wonder breeding stress.
    Changed Love to Winter at the top and changed Bingo example in last paragraph.
    Enamoured is sooo on my s-list right now.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-19-19 at 04:43 PM. Reason: oops, see edit note above

Rhino Keeper
    I fully support the idea Random59, especially with having them in the Codex for when you miss them during the event.

Events are becoming more and more impossible with each new common being added to the pool.

Fashion Designer
    I remember the last common tale dragon that they removed after the event was Green Quetzal. They can follow that trend though, so everyone will have a better chance on breeding these new commons (most of them bear the same colors, anyway).

Banned
    @FireballFarm, what really irks me about the commons is whilst trying to breed them for an event they tend to be Super-rares!

(Please note Elsa, I know you say that is not the case but on my Isle it happens regularly).

I find once the requirement for their need ends they do in fact become common, which is annoying as it makes Bingo so much harder, sheesh I don’t even try to breed a Fuzzy or Winter as they rarely appear now even that horrid little Fruitful is becoming hard to breed!

Sorry these horrid commons should be retired to the codex after the event and another annoying little trait is the breeding time is the same time of previous commons previously breed with the same attributes!

It cannot be a coincidence that so many players on this forum complain of the inability to breed them!

My thoughts and observations.

Farm Supplier
    Any tips of how to breed Madder? Or what it looks like?
    Obviously I got a virtue dragon the 2nd time I bred red/white so there goes half my chance to get a Madder *shrugs*

Banned
    I would venture to say that the dragon I get the most often by far is Neo Bubble.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    @FireballFarm, what really irks me about the commons is whilst trying to breed them for an event they tend to be Super-rares!

(Please note Elsa, I know you say that is not the case but on my Isle it happens regularly).

I find once the requirement for their need ends they do in fact become common, which is annoying as it makes Bingo so much harder, sheesh I don’t even try to breed a Fuzzy or Winter as they rarely appear now even that horrid little Fruitful is becoming hard to breed!

Sorry these horrid commons should be retired to the codex after the event and another annoying little trait is the breeding time is the same time of previous commons previously breed with the same attributes!

It cannot be a coincidence that so many players on this forum complain of the inability to breed them!

My thoughts and observations.

I agree with everything you said, 100%. Super rare–>event ends–>super common has been the pattern on my Isles for months. What I keep thinking is: how long have we been playing this game? Years and daily, often logging in several times every day. How many breedings have we done, total, and how familiar are we all with the frequency of the various rarities occuring? Looooots and very. People keep spreadsheets, notes, and charts about their breeding attempts and goals. Getting a target dragon is serious business for hardcore players and we ain't dumb.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-21-19 at 04:36 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Just remove them already! Is it really so difficult for S8 to do? Oh wait, I forgot they are NOT listening anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post
    I fully support the idea Random59, especially with having them in the Codex for when you miss them during the event.

Events are becoming more and more impossible with each new common being added to the pool.
    Totally agree with both these comments, great idea random.

Banned
    Common count: 67 dragons. In the last year 48 were released and at least 75% of those needed food wasted on them to get milestones. Four more will be released next month. The commons need to be halved or stopped or more land is needed without the marble key requirement. Too many breedable commons are ruining the breeding pool and land is needed. An update of this game is needed as well and not the itty bitty update we had almost a year ago either. I mean a straight overhaul of all events, overhaul of land and the game needs to be more player friendly instead of the game being adversarial with its loyal players. I get S8 needs to make money but isn't putting a better product out there key to this? Cut the commons required for events. Bring back Spin To Win, retire Leaderboards (create a new event to replace it), overhaul Dragon Tales where crafting a decoration isn't given as a prize later in the event and start giving 25 (yes, 25) marble KEYS (NOT raw marble) and start giving 20 adventure tickets as a chapter prize as well. Stop requiring the ultra rare and the token dragon be hatched at the end of the Tales as well. Keep World Events the way they are with the exception of maybe bringing back a third dragon in their milestones. I could go on and on but, like it's been the past 2 years, these ideas will go in one ear and out of the other. Fingers crossed at least one of my suggestions get implemented. I guarantee I speak for most players who are on the forum and those who stopped playing altogether.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast