Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removal of Common dragons once events have finished. Thoughts please!

Banned

Removal of Common dragons once events have finished. Thoughts please!

I for one would like to see the removal of all newly introduced common dragons after events have ceased.

There are now 27 of these dragons in play which is way too many!

A few years ago Storm8 had a cull of dragons which was at the time greatly received but the time has returned for it too happen again.

Hoot, Glorios, Leaf, Gold Pheasant,Awoken, Volt, Peridot, Neo Bubble, Buttercup, Palm, Chaotic, Spellispine, Prophecy, Werewolf, Toiil, Troll, Weasal, Luna, Razorclaw, Garland, Confectionary, Orator, Darkstone, Snow Elf, Enamored, Venus and now Wonder!

My suggestion would be to leave them as breed able for 2 weeks after the event and after that they be removed, should players want them have them Available in the Codex for a modest amount of Essence.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

Fashion Designer
    GREAT idea!

Breeding the common dragon easily and often after the event has ended is like a slap in the face.
    ~~~~~~
    Dragon Story, Castle Story: ​Nuicakes
    Playing on an iPad Pro 11" with 4 GB RAM, 512 GB storage, A10X Fusion cpu and using 5 GHz wifi.

Banned
    I don't understand why I have to breed a madder dragon for lore books, when I still cant breed a wonder dragon. Now that's 2 ultra rare commons I can't get, all the meanwhile I'm pumping out winter and snow elf dragons with boosts and gold all because........ THIS GAME HAS WAY TOO MANY COMMONS. This isn't the first time we've as a community raised this subject, just retire the worthless commons.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    I for one would like to see the removal of all newly introduced common dragons after events have ceased.

There are now 27 of these dragons in play which is way too many!

A few years ago Storm8 had a cull of dragons which was at the time greatly received but the time has returned for it too happen again.

Hoot, Glorios, Leaf, Gold Pheasant,Awoken, Volt, Peridot, Neo Bubble, Buttercup, Palm, Chaotic, Spellispine, Prophecy, Werewolf, Toiil, Troll, Weasal, Luna, Razorclaw, Garland, Confectionary, Orator, Darkstone, Snow Elf, Enamored, Venus and now Wonder!

My suggestion would be to leave them as breed able for 2 weeks after the event and after that they be removed, should players want them have them Available in the Codex for a modest amount of Essence.

If they remove these commons then they'd probably remove the types as well and that's no good either. I wish they'd add all the types and remove the useless star tab. We need more organized here. This game very unorganized but it has been getting better thanks to these commons and a dedicated type. Just breed or craft them then shove them into the stables like everyone else lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmortaI1 View Post
    If they remove these commons then they'd probably remove the types as well and that's no good either. I wish they'd add all the types and remove the useless star tab. We need more organized here. This game very unorganized but it has been getting better thanks to these commons and a dedicated type. Just breed or craft them then shove them into the stables like everyone else lol
    What I meant was for them to remove all the side task commons needed to complete or get rewards for events! This would not take away a type and have them moved to the codex should anyone feel the desire for one.

It is way too hard to breed some of these commons, I for one like the fact that in some events you can craft the dragon if you can’t breed it but alas this does not happen in Tales!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post

I like your suggestion at the end to make them available for a modest amount of essence. I would hate for new players just joining the game to never have a chance to have these dragons. Some of them are pretty darn cute! I think 100 or 200 essence would be a good amount. Heck, we can only trade them for a measly 2 Essence, which isn't even worth the food it takes to level them up and the time it takes to evolve them.

But, yes, something needs to be done about the glut of commons that continuously clog up our breeding dens and nests. For some reason, it seems Neo Bubble is the worst offender. Maybe he is "Super Common" not just "common." LOL!

Hi Fymm, try using Mercury and Virtue for Wonder ... if you have them of course.
    Last edited by Draconetta; 01-19-19 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Wrong info

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyym View Post
    I don't understand why I have to breed a madder dragon for lore books, when I still cant breed a wonder dragon. Now that's 2 ultra rare commons I can't get, all the meanwhile I'm pumping out winter and snow elf dragons with boosts and gold all because........ THIS GAME HAS WAY TOO MANY COMMONS. This isn't the first time we've as a community raised this subject, just retire the worthless commons.
    FYI - Madder is a 10hr, rare dragon. It still won't be easy to breed. Good Luck!

Executive Chef
    I’m all for this idea. Trying to breed a current event dragon and geting multiple prior event commons (which are useless) is frustrating.

Maybe the reason they’re keeping the common dragons around is to balance out the ratio of common:rare:super-rare:ultra-rare dragons.

For the longest time it seemed that there were more rare and super-rare dragons than common ones.
    Last edited by rachelasw; 01-20-19 at 03:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast