Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The game suddenly closed while playing

The game suddenly closed while playing

Since I have updated the iOS, I played DS and the app always suddenly closed and go back to the main screen. It happens many times a day. I tried uninstall and reinstall but in vain. Can someone advise?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Cucumber View Post
    Since I have updated the iOS, I played DS and the app always suddenly closed and go back to the main screen. It happens many times a day. I tried uninstall and reinstall but in vain. Can someone advise?
    The same thing keeps happening to me. It is so frustrating.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    The device is a little over 4 years old, so that may be why you're encountering issues. However, if it happens when you do a specific in-game action then please reach out to support as this may be a bug.

Banned
    Welcome to the world of S8 games, hun!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Welcome to the world of S8 games, hun!
    Ha! You beat me to it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by St_Cucumber View Post
    It’s called “crashing due to poor memory management”.

My neighbor has a spanking new iPad, the one rumored to be powerful enough to run an upcoming, desktop version of an extremely popular photo editing application, and it crashes just like yours, so don’t feel bad, you’re in good company

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    It’s called “crashing due to poor memory management”.

My neighbor has a spanking new iPad, the one rumored to be powerful enough to run an upcoming, desktop version of an extremely popular photo editing application, and it crashes just like yours, so don’t feel bad, you’re in good company
    Same here. Brand new iPad and lots of crashes. Some bugs i had on the old one are gone, some new ones emerged, but the constant crashing and resetting stayed the same...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Dragon Story has a lot of optimizations:
    - animations don't play off screen, significantly reducing load required to play animations for large boards
    - players above level 120 will have reduced coin collecting particle effects (from 11 particles to 3 since 2015)
    - we previously invested in manually reducing the resolutions of legacy dragons (to make sure they still looked nice and not blurry etc), but reverted this after some tests confirmed it doesn't improve memory usage
    - always looking to make under the hood adjustments if applicable with each update

If you have a powerful device, please contact support with details about what you're tapping on before you experience a crash so they can look more deeply into it. There's very low crash reports so you'd likely need some special attention.

Banned
    I keep saying it's because too many animations are squeezed into one screen and the expansion didn't help. I suggested a travel option to go to another screen so that the game can run smoother. **** 2 birds with one stone - less crashes, more land to expand. I know it's difficult to program this but the hard work will pay off in the long run - less complaints and happier people buy more things and decorations can be more useful.

Banned
    I upgraded to the S9. Has a picture in picture feature with youtube. I can surf the net, I can play other games, I can go on Netflix and look around. All while watching videos. But I try and play DS, and the videos stop, DS crashes. Its the game, it's always been the S8 games. As much as S8 wants to argue, it's the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast