Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Events

Rhino Keeper

Events

Wow, a whole 17 hours between events. With a weekday warrior thrown in for good measure! S8 is really trying to take all of our energy and focus!

I sat out several events because of the quick timing on them, do other players do this regularly? I have now done the last 3 or 4 in a row and I'm getting burned out already.

What was the event before the gingerbread one? I can't remember if I did that one.

Anybody else have tired fingers and phone/tablet? I think my tablet is smoking, lol!

Trudyscandles

Nightclub Owner
    S8 has introduced this mad running about 2 years ago. Before that the game was very slow paced. That is why some old timer came up with the u-goals. With the current non stop events, u-goals are only for a selected few that are so advanced and that even the current events are not enough!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    The week after Monster Hunts is the worst - during the Hunt I get on all the time to use my 40 energy. So I'm exhausted. I've sat out a handful of events to "work on quests" since I started last March. (About once a month, I think.) And often I've regretted it, lol. I missed the Firefly Cove this summer (I don't even know what it drops, lol), and the bulk of the cute Halloween deco this fall.

In many games the *purpose* is the quests, and you get major rewards from completing them. There are a few like that here. And some cute deco! But "useful" droppers for quests seem to come from events. I got some earth wisp droppers early on, which were vital. Now I get lamp drops!

Mid-level quests (3+ months of steady play) have built-in wait time. Visit Greselda 3x - that's three days. Collect 30 Faeries Murmur: once a day from Magic Garden for a newbie makes 30 days. (Hint: don't buy the wedding carriage until you've gotten them all, or you will be looking at its' construction site for a month, lol.) Collect hundreds of fertilizer - I had maxed at 99 and ignored it. Little did I know how much I'd need later on!

So, I now think quests are kind of to "fill in" time as energy permits. I also found out a lot of the baby quests are red herrings. I stopped spending hours of workshop time levelling up my buildings for "Raising the Stakes" when I found out only a few need to ever reach 5-7. (Higher levels usually have shorter wait times, not bigger drops!) I abandoned Pepe le Skunkupine because he wanted 500k coins. Sir Pigglesworth sat for 3 months because I didn't want to buy an apple tree, lol. Levelling my jousting arena from 2 to 4 has cost 100k's of coins and still wants more - with almost zero payoff.

It's annoying to see those quests sitting on my list. But it would take a lonnnng time or a lot of coins to do them. Zen them out of your mind. Or do the ones that are fun!
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 01-10-19 at 01:37 PM.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    I regularly don't do events. I guess I have done about 25-30% of them over the last year - monster hunts being one I always do. I have never regretted not doing an event (or doing one either, it is just a game )

The forum is great in helping decide if I will do one, though occasionally I give one a go without reading about it just to add interest by not knowing what is coming.

This style suits me perfectly and keeps my interest up when I do the events but may not work for others, given I had the good fortune to start playing years ago during the Valentine's event that gave the love shack, so energy is not a problem

I doubt I will ever get all the new expansions with the way I play but given I don't get a lot of the event items/buildings I don't need as much space for new items, so it all works out. I also have a few goals left such as the building upgrades and crafting some pets in the nursery - no idea if I will ever do those.

Rhino Keeper
    In the middle of the earth, in the land of Shire
    I only participate in events based on what the end prize is offering. I'm only level 49, so I don't have huge stores of things built up - meaning that if I do participate, it will be a big deal.

The things I'd look for the end prizes to drop are energy, trade tickets/expansion permits, feasts... anything that drops an item which requires a lot of resources/time to craft catches my eye. Also rare drops like gems, golden nuggets/eggs/apples (although since I have 3 golden mines now, the golden items aren't as compelling), etc. And finally, if the end prize is a crafting building, or an extra resource building, I'm probably interested (like the lucky workshop, or the spooky... or is it haunted... stable). I dislike deco-only prizes (even if they are pretty).

Bottom line is that I can guarantee an event is going to require me to pay attention to the game all day instead of once in the morning, will use up any stores of energy I have and will deplete my stocks. So the question is - is it worth it? The answer most of the time is "no".
    Join my kingdom of Barlonia! We like chocolate and Lord of the Rings there!

Good to know...

Rhino Keeper
    I have sat out the last two and several others over the last few months and still I am totally burned out. I have gotten some very useful things over the course of time but I am going to just be satisfied with what I do have and take a very long break from events. I highly resent the amount of time it takes -- I believe 340 energy per day was estimated for the current ice castle event. Uh, that's a big no! Especially if it gives stone majority of the time.

I just cannot log in that often, I have a dozen daily energy droppers plus 2 wizard schools --still not enough energy to complete events. I do have a job and a family AND in regards to the game, I don't have enough land right now to put anything new out anyway so what is the point anyway.

I am focusing primarily on collecting coins, trade tickets, expansion permits and lanterns. I suspect it will be a very long time till I do another event.

I am happy with what I have, though very unhappy to continue the madness

Rhino Keeper
    In the middle of the earth, in the land of Shire
    I'm with you. I enjoy the Monster Hunts, but I don't want to put off the main storyline just for the sake of completing (or as much as I possibly can, anyway) every single event they hold.
    Join my kingdom of Barlonia! We like chocolate and Lord of the Rings there!

Good to know...

Executive Chef
    can you choose to delay starting any event like the chapters? or no
    if you can delay, if you finish a chapter/stage early, are you allowed to catch up? (i hope that made sense)
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    can you choose to delay starting any event like the chapters? or no
    if you can delay, if you finish a chapter/stage early, are you allowed to catch up? (i hope that made sense)
    It is only the storybook events that have the chapters, where you get specific tasks to do each day. So it is the only one with the concept of delaying the start.

Any other type of event you just work through each step and the next goal will start once you finish the previous one. So it is just up to you when you start.

Added - noting also that some side tasks have limited time assigned to them, E.g. 24 hours , and they will expire at that time. So sometimes delaying completing the task/goal that triggers them can be useful.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    It is only the storybook events that have the chapters, where you get specific tasks to do each day. So it is the only one with the concept of delaying the start.

Any other type of event you just work through each step and the next goal will start once you finish the previous one. So it is just up to you when you start.

Added - noting also that some side tasks have limited time assigned to them, E.g. 24 hours , and they will expire at that time. So sometimes delaying completing the task/goal that triggers them can be useful.
    ok but in the current storybook event, if i had delayed starting the event 2 days, but finished a chapter really early in the day & upgraded the sweet shop, would it have triggered the next chapter? or would i have to wait until the next day?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast