• I liked the design of the Snow Castle

31 26.50%
  • Want it to drop golden nuggets more often

76 64.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/10: Snow Place Like Home | *goals and info on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    I really enjoyed this event. Yes, I had lots of issues with the drops, especially coal, but I finished with day to spare. Snow Castle has yet to drop gold, I just get coins. It seems to be like the Noble Stabe from the past, I recall it was supposed to drop gold but it never has. I can see how the continuous events would be hard on the newer players, even some recent Level 50 achievers. My realm is well stocked, maxed on many items, with plenty of energy. Personally, I don’t mind the Troll Camp. I may not always collect from it outside an event but I like the way it fits into my Troll corner.

I’m wondering if having longer crafting times with guaranteed drops of materials need might quiet some of the frustrations and complaints. Those that want to gem ahead could do so. And please, S8, give us rewards that match the efforts needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    I finished in less than a week but I was obsessive about it and gave just about all my alicorn resources to it. I also got lucky w ape fur (countered by the insane number of fauns I spawn looking for wisps, generally a 3:1 ratio).
    I finished a bit early. I worked steadily at it this time. I was so close so stayed up until 4am. I got the last block made and then I goofed. I was worried in case the event ended early while I was sleeping and levelled castle to Level 10. My plan had been to make an extra block and beam plus an extra blanket. I loved those blankets. I don't mind missing the other items but had an extra blanket and then realized that I only had the castle to Level 9. I had been wasting time thinking that I just needed to make the keys. I had 3 blue jewels so made 2 keys. I had the yarn and just needed a few more mink lint. I upgraded and the crafting disappeared.

Nightclub Owner
    I can't help but wonder if the Snow Castle will spawn monsters post-event since it reliably spawned Snow Apes for me once it was leveled up to 10.

Fashion Designer
    SpiritWind,
    I just realized that I made a mistake on the poll. I misread wool for coal. I didn’t have any problem with wool, lots of sheep and alpacas. But I did have a lot of trouble getting enough coal, and I started with it maxed out.

Also you might want to check the description of Harvey. Yesterday it was reading milk lint as one of the drops.

Rhino Keeper
    I devoted too much time to the event, but I wanted the completed castle. If my work schedule hadn't been light, I wouldn't have made it, and it helped that I played when I woke in the middle of the night. I finished Tuesday morning. All of that, and my castle so far has dropped ... wait for it ... STONES.

So glad I went through all that.

(But I did pull out some more wintery decorations and now have a nice little area of my kingdom for those who like cooler weather.)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Poll added....
    "Want it to drop golden nuggets more often"

More often? Has it dropped anything other than coins and stone at all?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    I devoted too much time to the event, but I wanted the completed castle. If my work schedule hadn't been light, I wouldn't have made it, and it helped that I played when I woke in the middle of the night. I finished Tuesday morning. All of that, and my castle so far has dropped ... wait for it ... STONES.

So glad I went through all that.

(But I did pull out some more wintery decorations and now have a nice little area of my kingdom for those who like cooler weather.)
    Oh gosh! I had to will myself to stop waking in the middle of the night to play. It is a real shame that it takes that much energy to finish these events. All that for STONES! I can make a stone with one chop of a rock, sure hope yous are at least getting a large quantity of stone, like if it gave 25 stone for one energy to collect, that would be cool....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    "Want it to drop golden nuggets more often"

More often? Has it dropped anything other than coins and stone at all?
    I haven't seen any gold nuggets either ,

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikilieb View Post
    Oh gosh! I had to will myself to stop waking in the middle of the night to play. It is a real shame that it takes that much energy to finish these events. All that for STONES! I can make a stone with one chop of a rock, sure hope yous are at least getting a large quantity of stone, like if it gave 25 stone for one energy to collect, that would be cool....
    I wish I could not wake up in the middle of the night but a certain part of my anatomy needs to go to a room with a lot of plumbing.

A STONE is as about the lousiest drop possible. Even with the coins, it will go to storage with the other winter items. I really like the artwork and if it had more a chance of dropping gold, I’d find a place for it. Even Harvey usually drops silver.

Rhino Keeper
    In the middle of the earth, in the land of Shire
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    My tinker trade has not disappeared.
    Yeah, for some reason I didn't see it. I'm SURE it was missing - I'd bought swans specifically because of that trade and I was looking for the feathers (but of course I'm human and we get weird blind spots every day). It's back and I was able to buy some minks.
    Join my kingdom of Barlonia! We like chocolate and Lord of the Rings there!

Good to know...