• I liked the design of the Snow Castle

31 26.50%
  • Want it to drop golden nuggets more often

76 64.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/10: Snow Place Like Home | *goals and info on page 1*

Executive Chef
    Just in the tail end of the event, collecting the last 120 Icy Pastes.

Overall I think this has been a great event!
    A useful new building, new pets, a new trade and a walker!
    Love the gameplay - no tedious collection wait times and collecting is from a mix of sources.
    Great work Storm8!

So far rather disappointed in my finished snow castle. First drop was stone.

Fashion Designer
    is it stupid for people desperate for Living Wood to make it in the Potion Shop? 10 white petals, 20 wood - we're getting both constantly anyway. just add 5 water per.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Lol. I have six tokens. Yup. Only six. My spawned ape has been dropping wool for the past two days. Wool. I don't need wool. I've crafted my seven bricks and beams and am now crafting more bricks and beams since that's the only thing I can do now. I've been executing every ape in my kingdom in search of the missing fur to make the blankets and to upgrade and still nothing. I think this is the hardest event I have done to date. I've skipped some, yes. I've quit half way through some events because the prize just wasn't what I wanted. But this craziness here is ridiculous. Every single resource I need is a struggle to come by. I have to chop down at least three or four dead trees to get one ape to spawn. And then after ****ing said ape I get wool. Sigh. And the energy wasted to get each item is painful.
    Did you buy a bunch of Dead Trees all at once, or are you purchasing intermittently? I don’t have enough data to say for sure, but I DO play 4 accounts and it seems to me that when I used to buy a huge bunch of an event item at the beginning of said event, I got either extremely lucky or unlucky. I now purchase things intermittently through an event, and I swear I am getting better drop rates overall. Buying 3-5 Dead Trees at a time, I am getting 1-3 (usually 1) ape per tree.

And for those looking for lint......it also seems if I leave my minks uncollected for a bit I get a better lint drop rate. I only got a dozen minks on each account and collected religiously at the beginning of this event; the drop rate wasn’t great. Once I got to Snow Castle level 4 I quit mink collection except a few times a day, and the drop rate has gone up! I am on Snow Castle level 8 without purchasing event packs.

One account has gotten Zero gold nuggets....going to start purchasing Rock Outcroppings instead of using those I have, in the hopes that I can get some. I will report if that is successful lololol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    is it stupid for people desperate for Living Wood to make it in the Potion Shop? 10 white petals, 20 wood - we're getting both constantly anyway. just add 5 water per.
    I have been making Living Wood, it's worth the few extra energy needed to get the water. And I am gifting myself 3 living woods a day and still need to make more! The drop rates of it from Sawmills & Acer Trees is definitely lower than usual in this event.

Rhino Keeper
    I personally am not impressed with the prizes for this event. The mink drops fish and mink fur which I guess is helpful for those who are interested in the coins you get from that exchange. I personally only do the 2 hour exchanges during the day and the 4 hour ones at night so I will never use that exchange. The only good thing is that the fully upgraded ice castle drops 2400 coins. So far the little ice ape as only dropped a few coins each time I collect from him. Blah!
    S8 please remove cap on level

Rhino Keeper
    I am wondering when this is over. It seems like this is odd timing for an event
    S8 please remove cap on level

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I've been making them. That's how I get enough to make blocks and beams. I pulled out my spooky trees and baby fi fi and am getting a few there as well. I chop red acer trees for the icy paste and wood since the drop rate for paste "seems" to be better with the trees and I need the wood anyway. I seem to have been maxed on petals and seem to never have a problem getting them. Maybe they drop from the bushes?

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Did you buy a bunch of Dead Trees all at once, or are you purchasing intermittently? I don’t have enough data to say for sure, but I DO play 4 accounts and it seems to me that when I used to buy a huge bunch of an event item at the beginning of said event, I got either extremely lucky or unlucky. I now purchase things intermittently through an event, and I swear I am getting better drop rates overall. Buying 3-5 Dead Trees at a time, I am getting 1-3 (usually 1) ape per tree.

And for those looking for lint......it also seems if I leave my minks uncollected for a bit I get a better lint drop rate. I only got a dozen minks on each account and collected religiously at the beginning of this event; the drop rate wasn’t great. Once I got to Snow Castle level 4 I quit mink collection except a few times a day, and the drop rate has gone up! I am on Snow Castle level 8 without purchasing event packs.

One account has gotten Zero gold nuggets....going to start purchasing Rock Outcroppings instead of using those I have, in the hopes that I can get some. I will report if that is successful lololol
    I usually purchase the dead trees one or two at a time actually. The spawn rate has improved a little this morning. I got tokens (and wool) to push me up to 13 tokens now! Brilliant!! Lol. Then I got wool and two more fur so I now have a level 8 castle. Phew...I'm exhausted now and still have two more upgrades to go. I never usually struggle so much with events and, although I sometimes wonder if I'll finish I usually have hope I will. Maybe this time I just ended up in the "bad luck bad drop rates" group of players lol. Can't win all the time I guess!

Rhino Keeper
    Add me the those disappointed in the drops. Stone only from ice castle.. and I feel like it should be taller or something. Black flags for both snow mink and ape.
    BUT... I also knew going in that there really wasn?t anything spectacular I was working towards.

Executive Chef
    How many collections before Harvey drops the blue gem?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.