• I liked the design of the Snow Castle

31 26.50%
  • Want it to drop golden nuggets more often

76 64.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/10: Snow Place Like Home | *goals and info on page 1*

Quote Originally Posted by shoshiseagull View Post
    I must be missing something- how exactly do you put Harvey in storage?! I?m stumped...
    Click on the hammer down right (edit), then click on Harvey, up left you?ll see a chest, click on that.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I feel your pain. On the bright side, I bet we'll never make the same mistake in future events!
    Which mistakes won't we make? We keep finding new ones, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shoshiseagull View Post
    I must be missing something- how exactly do you put Harvey in storage?! I?m stumped...
    If you mean your second Harvey, it appears that he has to live in your Forge until you dress your first Harvey in a sweater and boots.
    I haven't completed this step yet, but Harvey 2 is waiting in a little box hovering above my forge.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    I just bought the living tree as I am worried about completing this event and am expending all options before giving up.
    I am on the final goal but have tried everything in the list for living wood and received zero, yes zero living wood
    It?s not bad purchase.
    I have three Living Trees in my kingdom that are permanently out.
    I never have Living Wood issues.
    I recommend that for a strong kingdom you need at least two.

Executive Chef
    I agree. I also have 3 Living Trees. I remember earlier events in my young kingdom, that living wood was needed so often. It was a nightmare.

I personally like the drops of plain fish from the minks, although I don't think I'll keep as many out as I have out right now. So many times it's the plain fish I need for the trade.

Currently level 17: was expecting lower level / goal requirements for lower level players. I’ve devoted constant play with limited resources. I fear I may be hitting a roadblock very soon. Just leveled up Snow Castle to Level 7 and was so bummed to see Level 8 requirements are the same as if I’m a higher level player. Anyone else forseeing the same difficulty? I’m level 50 on another account and it’s no walk in the park either.

Executive Chef
    Also, would’ve been much better if the Snow Ape also dropped the Snow Ape Fur!
    Thought I was done battling Snow Apes once I collected my 15 Tokens but I’m 4 fur short.
    Love the design! Pity bout the drops.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    Exact same problem. Even other things that drop coal are being stingy. I don?t have all this energy to waste chopping rocks. Impossible to believe that drop rates are not tampered with on purpose
    There is definitely something dodgy going on....I was regularly getting 2-3 coal from my armored wyvern every time, and now it stopped with the last few collections. I’m also getting black flags for silver from places like the winter campfire, which never dropped silver before. If S8 flicked a switch to turn off coal on some drops, or switch from random to super rare, I have to say that seems harsh. I mean seriously, someone in the office actually thought there was not enough challenge as it was? Didn’t he or she look at Shibuya’s periodic table of energy and see the thousands? Yeesh.
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Sure but you don?t get the other species fish from the minks. So not a solution really. Normal fish are easy to get.
    True, I?ve found ponds and wells have about an 80% drop rate for the regular orange fish, and there?s usually a bonus too like mermaid scales or other fish species. Plus my fish usually get maxed when every other event requires massive pond collections. I keep about 6 ponds and 6 wells on my board all the time, and bring out 6 more ponds for those events that are pond-focused.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    I've always thought living wood drops were abysmal, lol! I bought a living wood tree some time ago and I'm wishing I took advantage of the last time it was on sale and bought a few more. I'm usually close to maxed most of the time on both LW and coal. Still need 34 coal. I have enough LW to complete the event, but I do have a goal that needs 50 more. I'm so glad I listened to that little voice in my head that told me to wait and not complete that goal!

I never thought I would need another coal resource! I should have worked on baby flygers but I didn't want to waste the bacon!

Trudyscandles

Fashion Designer
    SpiritWind, please add the Christmas Tree as a source of Living Wood.