View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

30 55.56%
  • I didn't like this event

21 38.89%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

23 42.59%
  • Lou the seal

21 38.89%
  • Flying Squirrel

18 33.33%
  • Safari Car

12 22.22%
  • Flying Pig / Selfie Pig

20 37.04%
  • Sphinx

9 16.67%
  • Tourist Sheep

14 25.93%
  • Silver Tower

5 9.26%
  • World Globe / Pinata

8 14.81%
  • Luggage / Directional Sign

5 9.26%
  • I didn't like the prizes

6 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Stamp Collection - 2019 Jan 9 (POLL ADDED)

Farm Supplier
    Same issue here too

Rhino Keeper
    I have a neighbor who still can?t make feed!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by spring_peeper View Post
    I would have no problem with having more of a chance succeeding at events if I knew up front I?d be required to make purchases. I?m just throwing this out there. Then I could decide if I want to participate or not.
    The best person who knows their farms are the players themselves. And only the player can decide if to make purchases. I have liken events to marathons in Chapter Get your farm ready to participate in events. Storm8 is like the marathon organisers and players are the runners. No marathon organisers can tell runners what to do. It's up to the players to decide and plan their resources accordingly. The resources mentioned in the above chapter are factors for succeeding events and they vary for individuals. Some players finish the event without purchases and some don't.

How much play time you have, how many coins you have to enable you to buy items for deliveries, how well stocked is your barn, etc.? When I feel that I don't have much time and my drops are low, I buy the craft building to craft the missing items. I bought all the gem trees during the recent sale to help me to get more chances of drops for events.

One of the reasons I love this game, besides I enjoy playing, is that it tests our management s****s. How we manage our time, what to craft, what to sell to maximise our profits, how to gain xps to level up, what strategy to use for events, what to stock in barns given their capacities, etc., etc. Btw, it's a good way for kids to learn by playing and having fun.

I have my own personal goals when I first started the game - 1. To fully upgrade my barn/silo. 2. To have all buildings in Market and with 7 slots opened. 3. To fully expand. 4. To earn my 1st million of coins at the fastest rate. I have achieved all my goals and earned my first million at level 27. Now I'm in level 90s, working my goal slowly to gain xps towards level 100 and enjoy the challenges of events and the fun of playing this game.

In short, there's no fast rule on what to do. You plan and play as best as you can. Main thing is to play and enjoy the game and don't stress yourself out.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqueendom View Post
    I totally agree with you, R2 (please forgive me for shortcutting your name ). Thank you to the designers, animators, etc. for developing such wonderful animals and characters as the 2 pigs listed above, the first seal, hippo, elephants, yetis [the pet and the spaghetti eating one] and many others that have given my family and me literally hours of laughter and enjoyment watching them even when they need to be fed. They are cute, fun, and funny. It?s great the staff have a sense of humor, are whimsical, and have done a lovely job sharing all of it with us. Bravo   and thank you.

Also, as R2 said, thank you very much for listening and allowing us to win pets after 4 turn ins, a very nice and welcome compromise!

Additionally and lastly, I hope my comment about the mailboxes/cardboard boxes earlier wasn?t misinterpreted as a complaint. I simply was asking for help and purposefully decided to post it on this forum in case I wasn?t the only player who had this problem and needed help, and it was mentioned on here as having been fixed. I?m glad it was fixed in the value pack.
    No problem with shortcutting my name. Others do that too. Glad to hear that you and your family enjoy these pets and animations as much as I do.

Lastly and most importantly, Storm8 welcomes all feedback, positive and negative, from players. This forum is for us to share and learn and everyone is very welcome to post. I'm glad that you brought up the issue so the team can check on it. Don't hesitate to post any time. Cheers.

Grand Emperor
    I don't have news from the team on the crafting the Super Plant Feed aka Exotic Pet Feed yet. Is it fixed for you guys or are you still missing it?

I already have the craft in my game from past event so I can't check in my game for you.

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    I don't have news from the team on the crafting the Super Plant Feed aka Exotic Pet Feed yet. Is it fixed for you guys or are you still missing it?

I already have the craft in my game from past event so I can't check in my game for you.
    My neighbour that didn't have it can now craft it but she is an apple device so I just assumed then it was fixed for everyone....yikes sorry if it isn't ...hope it is.
    She said it appeared in her feed mill yesterday afternoon and she was super happy to see her squirrel

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    My neighbour that didn't have it can now craft it but she is an apple device so I just assumed then it was fixed for everyone....yikes sorry if it isn't ...hope it is.
    She said it appeared in her feed mill yesterday afternoon and she was super happy to see her squirrel
    I can craft the super plant feed even though I have not displayed the flying squirrel yet. Thanks to team for fixing this.

Volunteer Moderator judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    The best person who knows their farms are the players themselves. And only the player can decide if to make purchases. I have liken events to marathons in Chapter Get your farm ready to participate in events. Storm8 is like the marathon organisers and players are the runners. No marathon organisers can tell runners what to do. It's up to the players to decide and plan their resources accordingly. The resources mentioned in the above chapter are factors for succeeding events and they vary for individuals. Some players finish the event without purchases and some don't.

How much play time you have, how many coins you have to enable you to buy items for deliveries, how well stocked is your barn, etc.? When I feel that I don't have much time and my drops are low, I buy the craft building to craft the missing items. I bought all the gem trees during the recent sale to help me to get more chances of drops for events.

One of the reasons I love this game, besides I enjoy playing, is that it tests our management s****s. How we manage our time, what to craft, what to sell to maximise our profits, how to gain xps to level up, what strategy to use for events, what to stock in barns given their capacities, etc., etc. Btw, it's a good way for kids to learn by playing and having fun.

I have my own personal goals when I first started the game - 1. To fully upgrade my barn/silo. 2. To have all buildings in Market and with 7 slots opened. 3. To fully expand. 4. To earn my 1st million of coins at the fastest rate. I have achieved all my goals and earned my first million at level 27. Now I'm in level 90s, working my goal slowly to gain xps towards level 100 and enjoy the challenges of events and the fun of playing this game.

In short, there's no fast rule on what to do. You plan and play as best as you can. Main thing is to play and enjoy the game and don't stress yourself out.
    Very well said!

We all come from different time zones and different countries and some of us are young and some of us very old with lots of extra time on our hands.

And I agree with rynetory2

We have worked hard over the years to expand our barns and especially getting more slots in each machine for making items.
    So yes I think our drop rate might decrease but heck our machines are always running full speed with all the extra slots so I think it gets easier to do the events then when you start out.

I remember here we go down memory lane...
    I was desperately saving for a pizza machine and along came an event with the leprechaun lookout oh how I wanted this and how I plotted ...everyday making and selling chocolate and flax...each leprechaun trap cost a thousand dollars...every penny I made that day I would buy traps at the end of the day and set them...then wake up in the morning grab my iPad and race to the game to open each trap. On very night before last day of of event I had a plan I just knew would work.
    Smile everyone a luck based event...
    17 traps...cost 17,000 dollars ...forget the pizza machine
    Remember I was just starting out I had no coins
    March 17th is date so I had to have 17 traps. And had to open them precisely at the 17th hour
    I had to get that leprechaun lookout
    And I did I did I think like second last trap.

Main thing I did have fun even if I wasted enough money to get a pizza machine.

Back then there were no buildings to convert event items.
    And yes I enjoy buying that priceless building now to convert event items and have the opportunity to make more collections to turn in and too turn them in days early.
    Like the price of a coffee and donut out!
    And gives me hours of enjoyment.

I have learned to pick my battles.
    The leaderboard yesterday I didn't win the pony but love the GNOME making flowers and the Buffalo that I got pretty darn nice consolation prizes.

So pick your battles, enjoy the game and don't begrudge the developers the right to make one drop hard
    Think about it they have to make money for the game to continue...

Thank you storm team though for giving us the opportunity to buy a machine to convert event items.

You as a team listened and came up with the idea to sell such a machine!

Many events ago there were no such machines.

So each event players and team learn.

Let us march on and I do hope there is a new event at 5:30 pm today.
    I so look forward to them.
    Last edited by judyandthecat; 01-23-19 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Fashion Designer
    Agreed Sweeties. Very well said. I still remember I was at level 17 sent private messages to everyone here and also posted on their walls for tips and tricks how they run their farm and how to win the grand prizes (when there is event) with ease. I mostly followed their advises until now. I thank them very much.

For your information, my slots has always been THREE for EACH building I own. Lol I've managed to win some grand prizes with only 3 slots and poor barn capacity because my personal goals are unlike Rynetory2, mine of course to reach maximum number of show ponies and to expand to the spots I want, which I wish will be completed this year, amien.

I also thank the developers for making such an addictive game for me, that this game helps me manage my mood and I have so much fun since 2014 until now. Addictive means interesting, means delicious, means unique, unlike others. Everything has to be dynamic and innovative. It would be boring if the Community Events is given every month for years, wouldn't it? Or Luck Events all the years, ewh. And FS2 and other games can provide that through events, I can imagine how boring a game can be without events. No goal in life to achieve. And this is all for FREE!!

My cellar is full with stuff until I forget that I won that cute little piggy prize, or the summer green turtle which I thought I would just miss him. Sorry for them!

I earn $1mil+ coins every year, and just spend all (yes, all coins) for decorations and in the end I will just keep them at the cellar, hehe. And then if the expanding requirement is complete, I run out of coins! Then I just knock the doors and beg to my neighbors to shop at my store IMMEDIATELY, (also bcs my barn is full too) haha, so silly of me. thank you my neighbors you guys are the sweetest. I've never helped you with anything, if you need any help, feel free to post on my wall or pm me.

Sorry too long story, this is just my thoughts, I hope you guys having so much fun too like me.

Fashion Designer
    Agree with you guys. You get out what you put in to these events. A lot like life. Complainers sit on the sidelines. If you don’t play you NEVER win. If you at least give it your best effort you give yourself the opportunity to succeed.

I was unable to finish this collection since my main focus was the Leaderboard event and I was able to get Second Place in that and got the Pony! I did receive the Flying Squirrel, Tourist Sheep, and Leopard Safari Jeep so I was very pleased with those prizes.

Great job S8 and thank you Mods for helping!