Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Let's Cook - 2019 Jan 3 (15 Days)

anyone else not receiving collectables from new appliances?

Fashion Designer
    Am I the only person that is finding all the last few goals completely not worth the effort? We really don?t need neighbors anymore. With the new collectible way of getting parts, why bother tipping every day?

The rewards for all the effort to get the parts are so not worth it. The last five goals either I already have the item or it?s not worth my time to acquire it.

A hockey rink in miniature....maybe a big one could be used to make a rink side cafe but a miniature? Blah.

Am I alone in this way of thinking? I am about to close shop for good.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jmterao View Post
    Am I the only person that is finding all the last few goals completely not worth the effort? We really don?t need neighbors anymore. With the new collectible way of getting parts, why bother tipping every day?

The rewards for all the effort to get the parts are so not worth it. The last five goals either I already have the item or it?s not worth my time to acquire it.

A hockey rink in miniature....maybe a big one could be used to make a rink side cafe but a miniature? Blah.

Am I alone in this way of thinking? I am about to close shop for good.
    I suppose it all depends on what aspects of the game you like most. I'm a collector at heart so that's the main reason I play, to collect as many items as possible. I'm really enjoying these Side Goals that offer the old LTOs that I skipped the first time around. As for neighbors, I think they're absolutely still relevant with the new goal system. Despite being able to get new parts via collectibles, I find it's much quicker work getting those 40 parts per day from my neighbors (not to mention the 5 day Goal parts) so I have no thoughts of cutting them loose.

I think after playing these types of games long term, most players get to a point where they feel like you do. I used to play Dragon Story daily but found myself echoing your sentiments toward it so after weighing my options, I decided a break was in order. It was to the point that every time I logged on I was irritated and generally unhappy with the direction they were taking the game. It's been over three months now and I don't miss it at all, but that's no to say I'll never go back. I also did the same once with this game but the break was only a few weeks before I found myself missing it.

Whether you stick with the game or decide to step away for a bit, I hope you find enjoyment in your decision. Best of luck!

Fashion Designer
    i am more of a decorator than a collector. If I already have it or its useless I don?t bother. (After two or three feasts? I dont need more) Its gets harder and harder to decorate as the menus of stuff is so long. We need a sort feature (fat chance I know)

Like for Christmas one of the walls I used was 78 pages in. I needed 30. Since its something you can?t buy right now when you buy one it resets that category back to the first page. Tells you how long it took to put up the walls....

With the new way to build, to get parts its, buy the stove, start a dish, put into storage, take it out, start a dish, put into storage. Once more dishes are unlocked its start a dish, cancel current dish and start another ad nauseum. Every time a new dish is started it spawns parts.

Its no fun.

Oh well. I havent spent real money here in a while. Nothing to buy that?s worth anything.
    Last edited by jmterao; 01-05-19 at 09:50 PM. Reason: ? Popped up everywheres

Nightclub Owner
    To stop your apostrophes from changing to question marks in your posts, you have to turn off an option called Smart Punctuation in your device settings.

Executive Chef
    Even though I play on android, if I could fix 2 things in this game, the 2nd would be to not reset the design menu when you place an item in ios. You all have my sympathy, cause I really would have quit over that.

(#1 would be equal distribution of free gems)

I'm probably more of a decorator than collector, but I do complete the goals if I don't have the prize yet. It's happened several times when I think a prize is worthless and then a few months later I pick out a new theme and the prize fits perfectly.

New Resident
    I've resorted to cancelling and starting new dishes over and over as a way to get enough parts to make items for appliances in these goals.

Rhino Keeper
    It would be great if the instructions showed what page the goal prizes showed up on...l?m not looking forward to seeing how many clicks I have to do to find the hockey rink. Will it be 35, 35, 85, 103??

**editted to add**

Wouldn?t you know, it was on page 21 - not bad this time

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cala View Post
    It would be great if the instructions showed what page the goal prizes showed up on...l?m not looking forward to seeing how many clicks I have to do to find the hockey rink. Will it be 35, 35, 85, 103??

**editted to add**

Wouldn?t you know, it was on page 21 - not bad this time
    That's what I initially thought too but after reading from the forum for months, the placement of the items is different for every player due to the different items that each player had bought previously, either from sales, crate prizes or side goal prizes. Coupled with the fact that S8 doesn't have any sort of organising "methods" or whatever, they're just all over the place. What may be only a few clicks for you may be a hundred clicks for someone else. The only thing that I (and everyone else) can confirm is the placement of main goal (15 days) prizes are usually right at the back before the locked items. I understand your frustration, but this is really S8's problem which they could easily fix but they don't.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

I'm stuck on Goal 4, You Butter Believe it. I've completed 15 Taco Flights, and gotten the green check mark, but I've bought 3 floor decorations!!! and none of them have gotten me a check mark. What do I do?
    American Gothicplaying FS since 2010
    TexasMade on RS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast