Thread: Can't log in to game when using data connection

Can't log in to game when using data connection

I've been unable to log into the game when I'm on my data connection since at least December 24th. I can still access it on wifi. I have tried powering off my phone, waiting a few minutes & then starting it again, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and nothing has worked. It still says "Castle Story is an online game and requires internet access. Please double check your connection and try again." But I know I have an internet connection.

My device is a Samsung S9 running Android 8.0.0.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please contact Support for assistance
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...Storm8-Support

I did, on the 24th, but haven't heard back yet due to the holidays. I was hoping someone on the forum could recommend something to try, as I'm going to be travelling this weekend and was hoping to be able to play my game.

Farm Supplier
    Have you checked to make sure mobile data is turned on? If mobile data is turned on, try turning off WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Are you still having issues logging in?
    Yes, I'm still unable to log in when I'm using my mobile data, it only works on wifi. My mobile data is turned on & the game isn't restricted from using my data.

I had contacted support at the beginning of December about the same issue but it resolved itself that time, when it happened again I replied to the email I had been sent from that ticket. I still haven't heard back and it is the 7th business day since sending it in, should i open a new ticket to get a response??

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allisonoconnell View Post
    I had contacted support at the beginning of December about the same issue but it resolved itself that time, when it happened again I replied to the email I had been sent from that ticket. I still haven't heard back and it is the 7th business day since sending it in, should i open a new ticket to get a response??
    They're behind due to the holidays so it'll be a little longer. Sorry for the wait! I recommend not opening a new request if you have en existing open request because it doesn't make it faster. It actually tends to cause slow-downs because when people send in 2+, they still read each one and those seconds add up to service time.

I'm still having the same issue even though I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 😔 Can only connect through Wi-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by macailla1967 View Post
    I'm still having the same issue even though I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G �� Can only connect through Wi-Fi.
    If you haven't already please log a ticket with Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for assistance.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!