View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Fashion Designer
    Overall I've been enjoying this event -- but it is brutal in terms of energy use.

For this last day, I need to decide whether to switch from collecting beast master tokens to get a 4th dire wolf to collecting gold troll tokens. I had already maxed out on my white flygers during the black Friday sale, so I focused on dark unicorns (now maxed) and direwolves, as well as collecting the bear tokens for the community event black bear.

I haven't been that interested in the recent gold token items. I don't really want the armored bear or armored shadow wolf. Yesterday I finally decided to craft an armored dark unicorn but I expect to be okay with having just one of them. If I collected more gold troll tokens, they would be for saving in the hopes that the next monster hunt will offer something I want. Like many long-term players, I am focused on energy and expansion items.

I suspect the permit drop rate for the direwolves is much worse than for the white flygers, seeing as how they are not being limited to just 4. I've never tracked the relative drop rates before and had assumed they were the same. So I am concerned that spending 3 days of a 6 1/2 day monster hunt to get 3 dire wolves will turn out to be an unwise decision. Curious what other people think about the dire wolves.

Rhino Keeper
    What is the diffence between Spawn and Card monsters?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by judafarm View Post
    I'm taking a guess at the meaning of your question as not very specified.
    'Spawn' are the monsters that actually jump out during play when triggered by chopping or visiting buildings.. depending on the event.
    'Card' monsters, I would say monsters that existed during past events.. now only remembered by an inventory card if stored.
    Some monsters that actually live in the game all the time: the original version of sunkupines, fangbeasts, direboars, trolls will never have a card as these are not storable. Their dressed-up event imitations are however storable.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Well.. the Wizard Portals are very useful energy wise, but as for upgrading them.. I personally consider it's much too expensive. With the 20+ gold tokens needed for each.. I can do something else much more important and also considering the upgrade will yield only one energy more than what they drop when built.. added to each level.
    I've done one upgrade on both.. that's 40 gold tokens.. but the extra energy points they drop at the moment.. even if more times per day.. are not significant.. comparing to crafting another MRC animal.
    The remaining upgrades I'll do the day I open the MRC and find nothing else to do during an event and while gold tokens are craftable. I've placed it at the bottom of my list at the moment.
    Thanks for the response! I was worried that it would be a bit of a gold-token hog to upgrade. I'm sort of at that "bottom of the list" now: I don't have all the creatures in the MRC, but not all of them seem very useful. I should probably craft two more unicorns before upgrading. But! Two Wizard Portals...I didn't even think about that! I didn't even think we could have more than one. So: double thank you! I think I'd much rather craft a 2nd portal than the armored direworlf!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by judafarm View Post
    Spawns are the monsters you have to fight.
    Card monsters - your pets you have in your kingdom, of which you can collect drops.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_ethyl View Post
    Thanks for the response! I was worried that it would be a bit of a gold-token hog to upgrade. I'm sort of at that "bottom of the list" now: I don't have all the creatures in the MRC, but not all of them seem very useful. I should probably craft two more unicorns before upgrading. But! Two Wizard Portals...I didn't even think about that! I didn't even think we could have more than one. So: double thank you! I think I'd much rather craft a 2nd portal than the armored direworlf!
    If you can collect more times in the day.. the Wizard Portal dropping 4 at minimum level each collection.. will give you much more energy at the end of the week compared to the Armored Direwolf who has the habit of dropping only 20. It could drop more.. but.. let's look at facts.. and not promises.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Black bear just gave me 3 trade tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    .. let's look at facts.. and not promises.
    So true! Thanks for all the help.

Fashion Designer
    [QUOTE=Trudyscandles;1558688]I finally got my 4th dark unicorn yesterday. When I only had the 3, my permit drops were 2-1-2, after I got the 4th, they were all just 1`s. But that is only 1 collection so far. I'm hoping to get a Naga today and hopefully that will open the Naga trade in the royal exchange. How about everyone else?

I have collected from my quartet of Dark Unicorns 4 times and received 6-5-6-6=23. And Black Bear just dropped 2.

This event has been the best in a long time. Lots of choices. A community prize that was relatively say to get, spawn rate from special cows and pigs was excellent. AND NO LEADERBOARD with the Monster hunt. I crafted 3 Dark Unicorns, got the Black Bear, and then went for Gold Troll tokens. Got enough to upgrade my Wizards Portal twice to the max of 8 energy every 5 hours. I still have 40 tokens left for the next time plus what I can get in the next 8 plus hours.

This was a wonderful way to start the New Year. I hope we get more of the same.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for explain.