View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Fashion Designer
    I have gotten a number of gold nuggets from my level 10 trading post. It drops quite a variety of other useful items. Great value as are the Guard Dogs. I’m glad to hear Maya is not a great value, I don’t care for her and will not be trading crowns. Plus I’m beyond the max of walkers allowed.

As has been said, each of us has our own priorities and style of play. For me, the idea of collecting and storing hundreds or thousands of energy doesn’t make sense. I’m in the game many times during the day and using up the energy we get for free (20 per hour). I’m keeping my knights (castle keep and barracks) out adventuring all the time. Except when the keep is need for special adventure. The barracks almost always does the Desert Sands and the keep varies but is usually the Dark Caves, so I need lots of Sweet and Spicy feasts. These adventures have the very rare chance to drop either the Alicorn wing or horn that allows me to summon an Alicorn in the Love Shack. Yes, I know just how lucky I am to have started when it was available. I really wish that S8 would bring it back. To make those feasts takes lots of farming and cooking. Collecting coins and looking for tickets and permits also needs lots of energy. As does collecting thing to trade in the exchange. All this uses up the free energy plus that from my dailies. My weekly Alicorns plus Destrier and Spring Unicorn and the Armored Direwolf are saved for events. Using 5 or 6 of these a day has gotten me through all events I choose to do. Maybe I can’t race through but I do get finished.

I love Castle Story. The community spirit here on the forum plus the awesome neighbors I have from around the world put this game in a class by itself. The artwork is superb. Yes, it’s not perfect: disjointed story lines, confusing and glitchy events, and totally frustrating random drops are negatives but are nowhere enough a problem to make me quit. Like many others have found, CS is a really good way to escape from the trials of real life. Shortly after I started playing, I had to face the sudden death of my best friend and some months later a diagnosis of breast cancer with attendant surgery, chemo, and radiation. Five years since surgery and I’m cancer free. Praise the Lord. My husband has Alzheimer’s so I’m pretty much at home now. My neighbors are and have been a great source of encouragement. And I’ve in turn tried to encourage those who are facing their own difficulties.

Sorry about the long post but I do care passionately about this game. Also let me say a HUGE THANK YOU to SpiritWind, ShibuyaCloth, and all the others who take their time to post and help the rest of us.

Fashion Designer
    I don't have the Barracks, how did I miss that?
    I see it in the Buildings area of the market for 360 gems.
    Was that Royal Building part of a story line?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    I had it so long, I don’t remember. I’ll have to look it up on the hub. I think there was a story and a discount but I’m not sure. BTW most adventures from it take twice the time.

Rhino Keeper
    Everyone that has a black bear cub from the trade wagon, is it the same as the black bear and does it drop trade tickets every time? Is it better, in your opinion, to use coins for a black bear cub or dark unicorn?

Executive Chef
    Barrkas was a gem purchase - but it is totally worth it. It works like Castle- just takes twice the time ( 2 days).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaMagic View Post
    Everyone that has a black bear cub from the trade wagon, is it the same as the black bear and does it drop trade tickets every time? Is it better, in your opinion, to use coins for a black bear cub or dark unicorn?
    Dark Unicorn for sure.
    The reports about baby bear have not been very good so far - no, it doesn't drop guaranteed trade tickets ( if it even drops them at all - no one has said it does) - so far I have heard it has dropped silver and fur.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeBird70 View Post
    I had it so long, I don’t remember. I’ll have to look it up on the hub. I think there was a story and a discount but I’m not sure. BTW most adventures from it take twice the time.
    Thank you, I was reading your post above (hugs to you) and learned of the Barracks and now I am on a mission of getting more details and seeing if its worth the gems

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Dark Unicorn for sure.
    The reports about baby bear have not been very good so far - no, it doesn't drop guaranteed trade tickets ( if it even drops them at all - no one has said it does) - so far I have heard it has dropped silver and fur.

Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    Update: it is a Royal Building (100 pts) it was introduced in Oct. 2013 I looked up the thread there was a story and a gem reward for buying it at the right time. Story line on page 10 post #99. It was fun to read through and see all the complaints about TeamLava (pre S8. Here’s the link.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...8-The-Barracks

Fashion Designer
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Barrkas was a gem purchase - but it is totally worth it. It works like Castle- just takes twice the time ( 2 days).