View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Fashion Designer
    It's hard to complain about sword tokens nowadays, because in the past they were rarer than Staff tokens. When you got enough of them, you immediately made a gold token. Ergo I have tons of gates and towers, but no walls. I used to drain shield tokens using bronze trade so they wouldn't go over max!

My current and entirely justifiable (lol) whine is that it's taking me 30 chops to spawn an old monster. *WHINE*
    [EDIT: My second whine is I bought a square, thinkng hey, free trees, right? The square was EMPTY. :-O ]

WARNING REGARDING MAYA - making *anything* from her tent costs waaayyyy more energy in ingredients than her rewards. I have a VERY deep grudge against her, lol! Forum member Beefus did a complete analysis. We should unearth that and add it to the "things I wish I knew" topic.

If it's available to you, BUY THE GUARD. Then you can buy his Guard Dogs from the Market. They drop ALL supplies for the first adventures: simple and hearty feasts plus longswords, and also armor and other misc stuff. Probably the MOST valuable thing out of the crown market!!

Second is the Trading Post guy, but I am still doing his miniquests to get the building to level 10. I don't have big expectations from the ultimate drops though. Thus far I'm getting miscellania like milk.

Ultimately, buy characters from the Town Square that you'd like to see wandering around your kingdom. That was the original purpose.

A word about Expansion Permits. My advice is "don't sweat them." I am convinced that the numerous extra-expensive squares released in the past several months are intended as an activity for old-time players who have finished everything else in the game. In June when the permanent quest "The Search for Sabina" was released is only about the fifth time I have HAD to spend expansion permits to access questline squares. The most expensive square I've bought so far was like 1.6 million gold, for the Mermaids. And then the first quest on that square wanted 1.6 million in supplies! I am usually cash-poor and I have many other quests to do. Until I get bored, those Mermaids can just sit, lol.

I have just gotten to level 50 and thanks to Black Friday have 2 weekly alicorns. (I also have a stable of daily 2+ and 4+ sources.) If you "save" more than 40 you no longer get your free refills every two hours. "Saving" 80 energy once a week is silly when I can get that by using it, then getting two 40/two-hour refills. People with armies of alicorns may save energy, but at my newbie-50 it's not useful.

I have a lot more to say but all my posts are too long, lol.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 01-08-19 at 01:59 PM.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    is it better to make ONE armored dark unicorn or THREE armored black bears?! it seems the unicorn is way overpriced

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    is it better to make ONE armored dark unicorn or THREE armored black bears?! it seems the unicorn is way overpriced
    How badly do you need spellbound dew? ( Yeah, it looks that amored dark unicorns are overpriced). Brars are quite cheap ( considering MRC), but they are mostly dragons in disguise, I've gotten 2 gems twice, 5 energy - once, once was goal, all other drops have been dragon scales.
    If you can make anything else - wait and collect more gold for better prizes...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    How badly do you need spellbound dew? ( Yeah, it looks that amored dark unicorns are overpriced). Brars are quite cheap ( considering MRC), but they are mostly dragons in disguise, I've gotten 2 gems twice, 5 energy - once, once was goal, all other drops have been dragon scales.
    If you can make anything else - wait and collect more gold for better prizes...
    well since they all are permanent i might just save my 45 gold

Rhino Keeper
    First i want to say thank you to everyone on this forum that gives valuable advice, especially regarding drops from various prizes.

I have been playing since May/june and i will say one thing, i have come to the conclusion not to spend cash or valuable time on items that arent guaranteed drops, i made that mistake a few too many times, but i was new and desired too many things. But s8, please, this since this event has some very desirables i want you to know i would drop serious cash tomorrow for some energy packs!

So far i won the community event bear (love it), then i was going to go for the dark unicorns for obvious trade ticket reasons, but after thinking it over i actually am very low on coins and working on many things requiring high amount of coins so i might not be able to even use the expansion permits i get from tickets for as long as it takes me to afford the plots. Sigh

Ok, so i went for desirables that will just simply fit into the aesthetic of the kingdom i am building. I now have the yeti, the naga, and the flyger and love them, i have no regret going for them before the trade ticket unicorns.

Tomorrow i might be able to save for my 2nd unicorn (i have one from that LB months ago), but seriously, if you want my cash, i will need energy tomorrow! Just saying.

And thanks again to everyone on this forum, your information is much appreciated.

Rhino Keeper
    Does Armored Lion give trade ticket(s) on every collection? (I am maxed on Dark Unicorns, if you were going to suggest to focus on them instead).

What are the reliable sources of Golden nuggets, except for Golden Mines? TIA!

Executive Chef
    My Armoured Black bear just droped earth wisp.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    Does Armored Lion give trade ticket(s) on every collection? (I am maxed on Dark Unicorns, if you were going to suggest to focus on them instead).

Golden mines are best sources for Golden nuggets, but if you upgrade your deep mines and mines to highest level - chances DO improve. I also get some from golden peacocks - but not so great drop rate.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post

No the A/Lion trade ticket drops are around once a week. There is no reliable source for nuggets. The other items that drop them are random and have low drop rates. Look through the Inventory Guide for the list.

I loved this event,,,cut it out