View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Quote Originally Posted by swstar View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but I decided to go back through my inventory and pull out all the extra boxes to spawn all the old monsters and they worked. For examples, i got a bunch of enfield as rewards but never used them, pulled them out chopped once and got a monster and they do give tokens! Worth it for those that may have them to try it! Also sap tree does spawn beasts.
    That's a great idea! Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I?ve decided as I?m working towards expansion in my kingdom I?m going for as many Dark Unicorns that I can make as they give 1 trade ticket at least every 8 hours, 1 DU will give me enough trade tickets every 15 days at least (more if I manage 3 collections in a day) for 1 expansion permit. As my white flyger and certainly not the dark wolf give me 1 expansion permit that regularly it?s my best choice. And I don?t mind having duplicates in this instance, as they are stunning creatures to look at.

I?m guessing as I already had 1 I can only make 3 to make the maximum of 4?
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I know people commented on this earlier, but I am finding I have to chop at trees several more times before spawning a monster. As I've collected more tokens, is seems like it takes more chops to spawn. It is often times taking a tree and a half (15 chops) to spawn a monster. Needless to say this is slowing down my progress and eating up my energy with few rewards.
    I am also not getting many critical hits on the "old" monsters. It usually takes 9, 14 or 26energy to defeat them.

Fashion Designer
    In the forum there is a "guide/index" that links to all the other important guides and topics: How to use the Hub to find information and ask questions

Sometimes there is amazingly valuable information tucked into the guides at unsuspected places, like the tree nurturing info. (Having seen it, and trying to find it again, is painful, lol. I wish there was an easy way to Search, but forums aren't designed for this. So you pretty much have to read the entire guides.) The players who collected this information over the years, and the unpaid volunteer who maintains it for our benefit, SpiritWind0 (and ShibuyaCloth), have put in a ton of their own time to offer this information. My thanks to them!
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by swstar View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but I decided to go back through my inventory and pull out all the extra boxes to spawn all the old monsters and they worked. For examples, i got a bunch of enfield as rewards but never used them, pulled them out chopped once and got a monster and they do give tokens! Worth it for those that may have them to try it! Also sap tree does spawn beasts.
    Tried the following traps:

Didn’t drop the relevant tokens:

Spring Racoon trap
    Wereskunk Trap
    Desert Trap

Did drop the relevant tokens:

Dark Wolf Trap
    Enfield Trap

Will update when I have more energy.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 01-05-19 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Additions
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU S8 for a non leaderboard event.

I’m working on my third dark unicorn (number 4 overall) from this event. I haven’t kept track by recording the number of beast master tokens each beast has dropped, but it seems the count is way down from what it was. I’m chopping crabapple trees and getting a good spawn rate. They might be a little bit more expensive but grow up the fastest.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    From the Hub:

TRADE TICKETS:
    Armored Lion, Royal Lion, L7 Fire Fly Cove, Dark Unicorn, Birthday Goat, Vampire bat, Gingerman, Gingerman Stack

EXPANSION PERMITS
    White Flyger, Armored flyger, Direwolf, Interpret the Worker (mystic card), Royal Lion, L7 Fire Fly Cove, Ornery Goat, Birthday Goat, Vampire bat, Gingerman, Gingerman Stack

Bookmark this 'Inventory Guide' page in the Hub.. All listed in Alphabetic order.. it's precious!
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...nventory-Guide

Thank you SW!
    Does anyone know if flyger (orange flyger) drops expansion permits?
    I think I already saw it here in the forum players, that has them, and they say yes ... could anyone confirm this? thank you

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorfelix31 View Post
    Does anyone know if flyger (orange flyger) drops expansion permits?
    I think I already saw it here in the forum players, that has them, and they say yes ... could anyone confirm this? thank you
    No, the regular Flyger does not drop Expansion Permits. Only the White Flyger and Armored White Flyger.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_ethyl View Post

<clip>

Question to players: I was able to construct the Wizard's Portal during the last event. Do you believe it's worth it to spend all the troll tokens to upgrade it? (I have maxed two wizard schools and have several alis.)

Thanks!
    Well.. the Wizard Portals are very useful energy wise, but as for upgrading them.. I personally consider it's much too expensive. With the 20+ gold tokens needed for each.. I can do something else much more important and also considering the upgrade will yield only one energy more than what they drop when built.. added to each level.
    I've done one upgrade on both.. that's 40 gold tokens.. but the extra energy points they drop at the moment.. even if more times per day.. are not significant.. comparing to crafting another MRC animal.
    The remaining upgrades I'll do the day I open the MRC and find nothing else to do during an event and while gold tokens are craftable. I've placed it at the bottom of my list at the moment.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Tried the following traps:

Didn?t drop the relevant tokens:

Spring Racoon trap
    Wereskunk Trap
    Desert Trap

Did drop the relevant tokens:

Dark Wolf Trap
    Enfield Trap

Will update when I have more energy.
    I only pulled and chopped the traps of those beasts listed as being able to drop for this event....not the others...to clarify. :-)