View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by arhoneybee View Post
    Wait! You can summon people to your kingdom and it opens other quests?
    I mean that certain events drop crowns, which you can see in your town' square. Some of the characters you can buy for crowns come with certain new buildings or crafts - such as Maya the Mystic.
    She cost 1000 crowns, if I remember correctly.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes, I bought the Tradesman because I had read that there were chances of tickets or permits (can't remember which) with a level 10 Trade Post but alas I have got other good drops but not these. Maya has some side quests too but uses blue and yellow essences (whatever they are called) so I haven't found her tasks worth while at all yet. At least these walkers have some point to them. Most of mine are "on vacation" rather than on the board.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by arhoneybee View Post
    Wait! You can summon people to your kingdom and it opens other quests?
    Yes you can, Maya and tradesman opened game play, i am not sure about the others. I haven't tried in a while since my device can't handle walkers.

Rhino Keeper
    Question - I will have one more chance to craft this time round. I am trying to decide whether another dark unicorn (I have 2), or a dire wolf. I missed out on one before. is a trade ticket guaranteed drop from dire wolf, or is the point just the chance of a permit? I haven't had too much luck with other items that are supposed to be a chance of a permit.

Rhino Keeper
    No one has really mentioned some of other creatures, like the Naga and occasionally the White Flyger. I just recently acquired Greselda's Castle as far as storyline goes, should I look into this for future mermaid related quest stuff down the line? I have some energy producers (not a lot, but some) and will build the MRC when I get enough troll tokens.

Are some of the other creatures better buys for lower level players, or players who haven't unlocked certain storylines yet? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by idkat View Post
    Question - I will have one more chance to craft this time round. I am trying to decide whether another dark unicorn (I have 2), or a dire wolf. I missed out on one before. is a trade ticket guaranteed drop from dire wolf, or is the point just the chance of a permit? I haven't had too much luck with other items that are supposed to be a chance of a permit.
    I am not sure about the Dire wolf, but I've had the DARK wolf since it came out and have gotten ONLY coins,
    Also, the DARK wolf is disproportionate (huge) to most other creatures.
    Maybe others have had better luck.
    Last edited by pocopicasso; 01-08-19 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Misread question
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    I feel that We should of been able to craft 4 dark unicorns. Not just three if we already earned the first one in the LB event.
    In my heart I agree, but I suspected we?d only be able to craft 3 if we already had 1.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvernomiko View Post
    No one has really mentioned some of other creatures, like the Naga and occasionally the White Flyger. I just recently acquired Greselda's Castle as far as storyline goes, should I look into this for future mermaid related quest stuff down the line? I have some energy producers (not a lot, but some) and will build the MRC when I get enough troll tokens.

Are some of the other creatures better buys for lower level players, or players who haven't unlocked certain storylines yet? Just curious.
    Lots of the animals available for crafting via the Trade Wagon right now have good drops other than the most wanted items (energy, permits, tickets, etc) but only you can know what is right for your realm.

I'd suggest looking over the first page where the full drop lists of each animal are listed and then base your crafting decisions on what items are most difficult to get in your realm. This way, you can craft animals who's regular drops will offer you the most help in the long term.

For example, there was a period where I was struggling with Silver in my realm and I was so grateful to my animals like the Arctic Bear and Yeti who dropped it with regularity since my Mines seemed to have been on a Silver strike. Every realm has different items that are harder to find than in others so it's a very individualized choice.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Just a suggestion for 'Growing Kingdoms':

I know it's tempting to head for the ticket/permit droppers you see.. but I would suggest FIRST choose to craft the 'ENERGY' giving creatures you can as they are MUCH more important. Thus.. always remains the suggestion to build the MRC as soon as you can as this allows you to craft many energy-giving creatures.. even if it's slow work!

If your kingdom is NOT fully expanded.. but you DO have secondary energy suppliers you can reach further & faster than a widely expanded kingdom with NO secondary energy suppliers.

Hope that helps in deciding what creature you need to craft.
    I would in part disagree, you see I?m in a growing kingdom, and sometimes I have more energy than I know what to do with, usually Thursday mornings to be fair. In the middle of all these crazy events, you barely have chance to build on your kingdom, whilst you may have a quest that sees you collecting from cows, you don?t need to collect from chickens, which means you can?t continue the easiest option of making trade tickets and consequently collecting from cows and chickens. When you do have the odd extra bit of energy it?s because you?re waiting for the next step and you collect from the most obvious, which in the most recent events you?re thinking of collecting from the rocks or trees to help you with the items for the next step, because you?re consumed with trying to finish the event, if you?re lucky you have a couple of days before the craziness starts again.

I did think that energy was my main priority until these expansions became so difficult combined with the requirements and the regular events. So whilst we are getting expansion parts giving animals etc I?m now going to work towards those. I was going for the energy giving animals until recently, but I did get to a point where I switched priorities.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rheina View Post
    And can anyone tell what is the Black bear cub dropping? Is it worth crafting it?
    I was hoping to know this also!
    Anyone?