View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Fashion Designer
    Adding my voice to those who really liked the hunt. I'd crafted the cooking camp at the end of the last hunt, so had ended that one with no gold/troll tokens so was surprised I had 16 at the start - thanks mainly to the beastbane.

I ended up using all my saved energy and by the end had got everything I wanted plus have 65 troll tokens waiting for the next one, even with crafting the armoured bears (which I have put next to the Baron's tent as they both don't quite live up to their promises )

I liked being able to choose what I did and when (having saved energy really helps with that) - compared to other events where missing a collection can have a big impact. Picking and choosing other events really helps when a hunt turns up.

As a long time player, drops of tickets and expansion permits still seem on track for me (hope I haven't jinxed myself here). The new black bear is a good dropper and the dark unicorns often dropped multiples. I also got 2 expansion permits from my flyger troup and one from a direwolf during the event so very, very happy with that! They obviously knew it would keep my motivation levels up.

I know all these events are very different for lower level players and those without lots of energy. For those, I would say enjoy your storyline goals. They are what made me and others keep playing the game and the hope for new storyline is why I am still playing
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 01-09-19 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Typos

Fashion Designer
    Loved this event. Didn’t have enough trees to get three dark unicorns but did get two. Would have been nice if we could’ve chopped rocks as well. Or that they had already grown trees for sale would have spent gems on those. Hopefully they will do this again and we can use the extra coins we have left over.

Executive Chef
    Really liked this event.

I spent the first day focusing solely on the black bear (also crafted the armored bear as I had the resources).

I then concentrated on the new monster tokens and was able to make 3 dark unicorns.

I did purchase the bear statue for 100 gems. I had 105 and figured either buy the bear statue or have them disappear in a gem trap. The statue allowed me to not obsess about the game today,and I was easily able to get the last 40 tokens for du.

Not too many gold tokens this time, just the daily glimmer golem, blue Dire boar and the random skunks, fangbeasts and boars that spawned from trees; and mermaid fountain.

I ended up opening 3 new plots to get more trees.

My trade tickets are adding up fairly quickly now.

Rhino Keeper
    Absolutely love this event. I went over 5300 and more energy. Got black bear, 3 dark unicorn, 2 armored lion and around 47 gold tokens. In this process I got rid of all the unwanted trees, that help a lot since real estate got very expensive. I want to make another armored lion but I am very short on sword tokens. I really WISH we can exchange one token for another, or get sword/staff exclusive beast that we can spawn according to our needs.

Fun event, I loved seeing all the old monsters and the funny ways they fight. If only the Naga would make that fighting motion when you pet it. It would make me laugh every day...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by doodledoo20000 View Post
    Fun event, I loved seeing all the old monsters and the funny ways they fight. If only the Naga would make that fighting motion when you pet it. It would make me laugh every day...
    I know! I SO wish it did!

I almost did not get my 2nd dark unicorn because i completely ran out of energy and grown trees with an hour and a half remaining. I spent 140 gems to buy like 80 energy, luckily i had my two wizard schools that i JUST bought at christmas sale and i only had to use one gem each to speed up the timer. THEN when i was scouring my kingdom for any possible energy source i remembered my GREENHOUSE, that one i have only had for a month or two! YAYNESS!

With those very last energy stores i had to strip my kingdom of all trees that i use for aesthetic. I was kinda torn about that but i figured, ok.... time to completely redecorate with a whole new style/themes. I can live with that.

I gained all but ONE gold crown! SOB!!!

But happily i managed to get my last crown and craft DU with literally one minute to spare. OMG!

Now i logged in and get thst last community energy crate. Ok..... and all my daily Ali's replenish in a bit. It will be nice to have that energy tonight to collect from all my sparkly buildings and i start tomorrow with exactly zero gems and one expansion permit brewing in my Royal Exchange. Just enough economy to play a much more relaxed and casual game.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Passera View Post
    Loved this event. Didn’t have enough trees to get three dark unicorns but did get two. Would have been nice if we could’ve chopped rocks as well. Or that they had already grown trees for sale would have spent gems on those. Hopefully they will do this again and we can use the extra coins we have left over.
    As I was chopping down trees I kept thinking about the negative message that sends...grow the trees just to chop down the trees for a reward of some kind. I really hope the developers reconsider and change it to chopping rocks instead.

I'm happy with this event and happier there was no leaderboard. I got the bear, the armored bear and a dark unicorn.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    As I was chopping down trees I kept thinking about the negative message that sends...grow the trees just to chop down the trees for a reward of some kind. I really hope the developers reconsider and change it to chopping rocks instead.
    So you are fine with ****ing hundreds of beautiful exotic animals during this event? Actually we maybe even hunted down them to extinction and will never see them in the wild again if it was one of the kind event.

Wow what an event! I went for the MRC. 69/70 tokens achieved with one shield token needed for the last trade. So near, yet so far 😳😁

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post

I'm happy with this event and happier there was no leaderboard. I got the bear, the armored bear and a dark unicorn.
    Aw, come on! Chopping down trees send a negative message but blowing up rocks doesn't?

Anyway, I was happy not to have the pressure of a leaderboard tempting me to compete for a higher prize, but then again, I should learn to exercise better restraint to play just for the joy of playing