View Poll Results: Overall, this Monster Hunt was great!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

137 85.63%
  • Neutral

17 10.63%
  • Disagree

2 1.25%
  • Got the Black Bear

134 83.75%
  • Knew blue dire boars were multi spawn

104 65.00%
  • Focused on getting all Dark Unicorns

102 63.75%
  • Happy with the animal choices given to craft

110 68.75%
  • Unhappy with animal choices

7 4.38%
  • Happy there was no leaderboard

138 86.25%
  • Wish there was a leaderboard as well

3 1.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/3 - Monster Hunt season 16

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for advice Moon Village. I was thinking same but I love getting others perspective too.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhidbeyPort29 View Post
    I’m Level 16, I have the trade wagon and I have this new event. I also have the 3 daily side goals. I can’t buy a horse until level 17. I can buy a dead tree but it does not trigger a boar. Is there a goal I need to complete? I’ve been able to work towards earning a Dark Unicorn so I am able to this. So happy about that but wondering why the regular monster hunt is not working. The bear chain works too. But I don’t have enough energy for everything.
    You need to be a higher level. I've been looking through older threads for info and you need to be Level 22 to access the Mythic Research Centre. You should be able to access content next time

Rhino Keeper
    When I started this event, I cleared some animals off of my board that didn't have decent drops. One I put away was the Meadow Wolf. It used to drop spellbound dew regularly, but became a wisp dropper & I didn't need anymore creatures who did that. Did anone else notice the change in drops? Besides constantly working on expansions, I also am regularly upgrading my buildings. I go through a lot of spellbound dew, which is why I noticed the change.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    You need to be a higher level. I've been looking through older threads for info and you need to be Level 22 to access the Mythic Research Centre. You should be able to access content next time
    I get what you're saying about MRC. Doesn't explain Dire Boar. Oh wait. I wonder if the player might have to do the Troll storyline to get boars in the regular game? No, that doesn't make sense - I don't think I was that far for my first monster hunt, and if I never got a boar I would have been squealing. But I definitely was higher than level 17.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 01-07-19 at 07:40 AM.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    So, regarding Beasts one can obtain from this event, I'm compiling the significant drops.

SIGNIFICANT drops from past beasts temporarily craftable in the Trade Wagon for Beastmaster (crown) tokens (via chopping trees):
    Dark Unicorn: Trade Ticket (always)
    Direwolf: Expansion Permit (rare?)
    White Flyger: Expansion Permit (extremely rare)

Event, temporary (collect Number of Bear Tokens; via cows and pigs)
    Black Bear: Trade Ticket (often? always?)

MRC craft, NEW:
    Armored Black Bear: (a disappointment so far) drops Dragon Scales etc as if it is a dragon; chance to drop Energy, Coins, Gems, Wisp Lantern, Mithril, Coal

If someone has additional *significant* drops to add (Ticket/Permit droppers; frequent energy droppers would also be good) please just copy this whole thing and add yours to make a current list, and I'll delete this one.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 01-07-19 at 07:36 AM.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Rhino Keeper
    My black bear has dropped a trade ticket at every collection so far. (It did drop either a simple feast or hearty feast, cannot remember which)

Edit note: Hearty feast! Very pleased with this prize
    Last edited by wamboltia; 01-07-19 at 08:12 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    It's a gem item sold in the Market and quite expensive, but very useful. I don't know if it's sold at the moment, as already having it and being capped to *1* it doesn't appear for me anymore. This item drops all kinds of Troll Tokens/once a day, out of hunting season... along with the White Unicorns you craft in the MRC.
    thank you! *gulp* it is expensive. Does it go on sale?
    ~~~~~~
    Dragon Story, Castle Story: ​Nuicakes
    Playing on an iPad Pro 11" with 4 GB RAM, 512 GB storage, A10X Fusion cpu and using 5 GHz wifi.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    thank you! *gulp* it is expensive. Does it go on sale?
    Nope, but it is a master piece to have. It will take you a few Beast Master / Monster Hunt event to get it. The current event is also made for people without MRC and have a small chance to grab some interesting items. However the MRC items are upper class and stay fix once in there.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Dire wolf or dark unicorn? I think the dire wolf drops better items but not sure how often those items will actuallly drop.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nancys627 View Post
    Dire wolf or dark unicorn? I think the dire wolf drops better items but not sure how often those items will actuallly drop.
    Expansion Permits are very rare drops, whereas trade tickets are guaranties. All depends on your economy needs. If you get 1 permit every 3 weeks, then you have similar drop rate.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...