Thread: Food vs Parts gifts

Food vs Parts gifts

Hi I have been playing since 2012 and have never been fussy over gifts...... But since the new parts theme to most goals now. I am wondering if basic parts are now obsolete??? What are your thoughts on gifting now???

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by meggymoo141 View Post
    Hi I have been playing since 2012 and have never been fussy over gifts...... But since the new parts theme to most goals now. I am wondering if basic parts are now obsolete??? What are your thoughts on gifting now???
    I do not think that basic parts are obsolete at all. Not everyone does the goals and then there are the newer players who will need to build a lot appliances that require these parts. Also, there are the 5 day goals to consider - so long as they're around there will always be a need for basic parts.

My gifting process now: I gift goal parts while a goal is active and basic parts on those few rare days when no goal is active.

I have no qualms with anyone who disagrees or feels that food is the better gift but I've never accepted a food gift and see no reason to start now. With goals being as closely scheduled as they are, I'm always churning out recipes in order to master them so the last thing I need is more food on top of that.

In general, I think that a player's thoughts on gifting and receiving gifts has a lot to do with their focus in the game. That said, it's especially important to me to keep my food count reasonable so that I can easily pack away my counters for monthly remodels.