Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn (2nd) & Gryffin - Monthly Craftable Dragons Jan 1st 2019

Banned
    Well, umm, seriously, with well over a 1000 dragons in the game, how many more can they come up with? There are only so many basic designs, anyway, and they just color them differently and call it something else. Hello, Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha!

Banned
    @deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 😕

However, it does seem that this month's focus in DS is fantasy/myth/fairytales, so this might be an aberration just for this month.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    @deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 😕

However, it does seem that this month's focus in DS is fantasy/myth/fairytales, so this might be an aberration just for this month.
    I've been worried for awhile given the lack of attention that F F S has been given lately that the game might be discontinued soon and now I see a unicorn and griffin in a dragon game and I am even more worried now. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY PRECIOUS ANIMALS in F F S!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcat5 View Post
    I've been worried for awhile given the lack of attention that F F S has been given lately that the game might be discontinued soon and now I see a unicorn and griffin in a dragon game and I am even more worried now. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY PRECIOUS ANIMALS in F F S!!!!
    Me neither! 😢

Well, umm, seriously, with well over a 1000 dragons in the game, how many more can they come up with? There are only so many basic designs, anyway, and they just color them differently and call it something else. Hello, Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha!
    @deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 

@Phoenix406: Please! I've always felt that you ask some of the more interesting questions and point out issues that many of us do not readily see in DS and FSS. I just come in with the quirky remarks.

But on this matter, I have to say that I have been wondering when this introduction of other creatures was going to happen. It was only a matter of time, given the rate at which they were pumping out dragons in the last two years; as you said, there's only so many ways that you can combine colors with the few basic dragon designs before you run out of ideas.

Given the introduction of new beast types in DS and the long silence in FFS concerning expansions as well as the similarities between the designs of the Unicorn and Gryffin of DS and FSS, I can only assume (rightly or wrongly) that they are hoping to wean players off FFS and perhaps start building another island with mythic beasts here.

Rhino Keeper
    Honestly, if they didn't churn them out, along with event after event after event like they're going out of business, then maybe they would have a lot more originality when it comes to their designs. The rate that they churn things out is really quite ridiculous and I'm still so baffled that they've continued with the mindset that quantity over quality is a 'good' thing?

Now with these new 'fantasy' themed designs, it seems they're digging themselves a hole. There is absolutely no reason why these creatures should even belong to a franchise called 'Dragon Story'. They might lose x amount of their dedicated player base who joined solely *because* they were interested in dragons, not fantasy creatures like unicorns. And any newcomers that were/are interested in dragons may feel deceived when they realize that all of a sudden, random fantasy creatures are being introduced in the mix.

Since this is one of the only games I play where I've sunk real money into it, I sure as hell would not want to continue playing if all of a sudden, 'Dragon Story' becomes something like 'Magical Fantasy Story'. If I wanted a game that has little unicorns and other non-dragon creatures, I would have gone to Fantasy Story, or any other non-dragon game on the market?

There are SO many creative designs and ideas they could implement into the game, along with bringing previously 'retired' dragons back, but instead, they rather concentrate on pumping things out at lightning fast speed like a cheap factory, along with ignoring all of the comments from their loyal fans.

Rhino Keeper
    This is getting ridiculous. I was so confused at first when I did not get credit for having a unicorn dragon already and then I find out we now have beasts in the game and NOT dragons. Is this the beginning of the end of the Dragon Story game?

Fashion Designer
    I won't even try for these. I hate the idea of Fey in FF and now they're bringing animals to DS that not ok with me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    Honestly, if they didn't churn them out, along with event after event after event like they're going out of business, then maybe they would have a lot more originality when it comes to their designs. The rate that they churn things out is really quite ridiculous and I'm still so baffled that they've continued with the mindset that quantity over quality is a 'good' thing?

Now with these new 'fantasy' themed designs, it seems they're digging themselves a hole. There is absolutely no reason why these creatures should even belong to a franchise called 'Dragon Story'. They might lose x amount of their dedicated player base who joined solely *because* they were interested in dragons, not fantasy creatures like unicorns. And any newcomers that were/are interested in dragons may feel deceived when they realize that all of a sudden, random fantasy creatures are being introduced in the mix.

Since this is one of the only games I play where I've sunk real money into it, I sure as hell would not want to continue playing if all of a sudden, 'Dragon Story' becomes something like 'Magical Fantasy Story'. If I wanted a game that has little unicorns and other non-dragon creatures, I would have gone to Fantasy Story, or any other non-dragon game on the market?

There are SO many creative designs and ideas they could implement into the game, along with bringing previously 'retired' dragons back, but instead, they rather concentrate on pumping things out at lightning fast speed like a cheap factory, along with ignoring all of the comments from their loyal fans.
    Agreed 700000% with everything you said. It's the beginning of the end for either Dragon Story or Fantasy Forest Story. One of these games ran out of ideas. I have a strange feeling they're trying to merge the two games which will turn off a lot of people in Dragon Story.

Nightclub Owner
    I do NOT want this DS to be integrated with FFS I gave up on FFS a very long time ago because I did not enjoy playing. Also, merging the two would presumably add events from FFS to DS and we have waaaaaaaay too much to keep up with already
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast