Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Response from S8 needed about Peppermint Mocha dragon

Banned

Response from S8 needed about Peppermint Mocha dragon

Is this dragon even breedable using just red and white elements? From my experience and input from others it doesn't seem like it is. Well done.

I spent DAYS trying to breed with red & white (virtue fails one after another) and wound up having to purchase it yesterday at the end of my day 6. Am beyond annoyed

I started breeding this dragon as soon as event started after numerous laserlight , confectionary fails i gave up on main event alltogether , seems common dragons neccessary for event progress are more like super rares when it comes to breeding .i'll trade any duplicates where possible and try for Neo Capricorn instead. Fail S8.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Is this dragon even breedable using just red and white elements? From my experience and input from others it doesn't seem like it is. Well done.
    The game data says combining holiday/white/red is necessary to breed this dragon. So, despite the breeding information provided in the Goals section of the game and in the event pop-ups, Peppermint Mocha cannot be bred by using just red and white. S8 provided incorrect in-game breeding instructions.

And for some reason, unlike with most "common" event dragons we have to breed, splits can be used to fulfill the red and/or white requirements. That part was discovered by players trying to avoid Virtue fails. This whole thing is just a mess.

I think the big question is: How will players be compensated?

It's not just gold wasted on speeding up breeding attempts that could not produce the needed event dragon, but also the chain reaction of not being able to collect the other Tales dragons, or the Token, or points towards the monthly dragon. Not to mention the lost opportunity for breeding limited release dragons while spending days trying to breed a P.Mocha with the wrong dang color combination.

This is a HUGE mess-up on S8's part. The same thing has happened a couple times in the past, but it was quickly corrected. This time, S8's sloppy error has been compounded by the fact they are out of the office for over a week and won't be back till after New Years Day. No one has been there to correct the mistake and push out the fix. And what about all those players who never visit the forums or don't make a habit of viewing each batch of new game data? They have no clue their endless red/white attempts cannot produce a P.Mocha.

Will S8 ever learn to not let error-riddled, time-sensitive events go live while their office is closed for the weekend or holidays? Will they ever institute proper QA procedures? Do they even care? Sadly, as we've seen over the last year, the answer to all of these is a firm "no."

If they don't make this right, I strongly encourage everyone to not only post bad reviews to the app stores, but to also file complaints with iTunes or GooglePlay, and the Better Business Bureau. We are customers and deserve to be treated with basic fairness and respect.

Mistakes happen, it's just a part of life ... but, the big problem here is S8 has an ever-growing history of not addressing and handling their mistakes adequately and not compensating players for the developer's own screw-ups. Plus, the frequency of these sloppy, player-screwing errors has been increasing over the past year. These things need to change, asap. S8 support seems totally unconcerned with any of this, so apparently outside pressure is needed for them to tighten up.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 12-29-18 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    <snip...>
    <...snip>
    Simple. Just send a support ticket to S8. Describe FULLY the situation you faced. State clearly that players in the forum have ALL encountered the issue and know it to be a bug. Let them know the amount of gold you have spent in your attempts to breed this dragon as well as the cost you were forced to incur to bypass the bug AND request for a refund; do it politely.

One of two things will happen. Either S8 will make a partial refund as compensation to you, or S8 will present you with a kite.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Simple. Just send a support ticket to S8. Describe FULLY the situation you faced. State clearly that players in the forum have ALL encountered the issue and know it to be a bug. Let them know the amount of gold you have spent in your attempts to breed this dragon as well as the cost you were forced to incur to bypass the bug AND request for a refund; do it politely.

One of two things will happen. Either S8 will make a partial refund as compensation to you, or S8 will present you with a kite.
    Sure, everyone who lost/wasted gold needs to file a ticket with a clear and polite explanation. Everyone spent different amounts, so there can't be blanket compensation for that. I do fear most will get the "go fly a kite" response, or a partial refund, at best. S8 certainly doesn't like refunding gold and there are going to be *a lot* of tickets filed. It's gonna make them grumpy.

I was talking about all players receiving general compensation for their wasted time and over a week of anger and frustration, all due to an easily avoidable mistake on S8's part. It happened once before that I remember, when Glasswing Dragons were sent to everyone affected by a bug in a Tales (IIRC, it was maybe the first time the 'event items in the craft shop disappearing' bug hit?).

Only providing recompense for those who file tickets simply isn't good enough. Most players don't use the forums, so they likely don't know the breeeding instructions have been incorrect this whole time. They probably think P.Mocha was just another difficult, pita "common." Why would they file a ticket if they don't even realize something was wrong? They are owed recompense for damages, too.

Rhino Keeper
    The game data says combining holiday/white/red is necessary to breed this dragon. So, despite the breeding information provided in the Goals section of the game and in the event pop-ups, Peppermint Mocha cannot be bred by using just red and white. S8 provided incorrect in-game breeding instructions.

And for some reason, unlike with most "common" event dragons we have to breed, splits can be used to fulfill the red and/or white requirements. That part was discovered by players trying to avoid Virtue fails. This whole thing is just a mess.

It's not just gold wasted on speeding up breeding attempts that could not produce the needed event dragon, but also the chain reaction of not being able to collect the other Tales dragons, or the Token, or points towards the monthly dragon. Not to mention the lost opportunity for breeding limited release dragons while spending days trying to breed a P.Mocha with the wrong dang color combination.

This is a HUGE mess-up on S8's part. The same thing has happened a couple times in the past, but it was quickly corrected. This time, S8's sloppy error has been compounded by the fact they are out of the office for over a week and won't be back till after New Years Day. No one has been there to correct the mistake and push out the fix. And what about all those players who never visit the forums or don't make a habit of viewing each batch of new game data? They have no clue their endless red/white attempts cannot produce a P.Mocha.

Will S8 ever learn to not let error-riddled, time-sensitive events go live while their office is closed for the weekend or holidays? Will they ever institute proper QA procedures? Do they even care? Sadly, as we've seen over the last year, the answer to all of these is a firm "no."

If they don't make this right, I strongly encourage everyone to not only post bad reviews to the app stores, but to also file complaints with iTunes or GooglePlay, and the Better Business Bureau. We are customers and deserve to be treated with basic fairness and respect.

Mistakes happen, it's just a part of life ... but, the big problem here is S8 has an ever-growing history of not addressing and handling their mistakes adequately and not compensating players for the developer's own screw-ups. Plus, the frequency of these sloppy, player-screwing errors has been increasing over the past year. These things need to change, asap. S8 support seems totally unconcerned with any of this, so apparently outside pressure is needed for them to tighten up.
    I put a ticket in for this with the question of is this really breedable..because I spent a lot in the first little while it came out and nothing..could have bought it cheaper..S8 did not answer my ticket that day and I guess they are gone until after New Years..then they will say nothing was wrong and I am SOL..for my gold spent.and like you said there were contradictory breeding instructions..
    Really really do not get why they have made getting the common for these events so difficult..I got Final,Cheer easier and its a rare.

<Snip...> Only providing recompense for those who file tickets simply isn't good enough. Most players don't use the forums, so they likely don't know the breeeding instructions have been incorrect this whole time. They probably think P.Mocha was just another difficult, pita "common." Why would they file a ticket if they don't even realize something was wrong? They are owed recompense for damages, too.
    This is an ethical and business issue that S8 has never been able to wrap their conscience and mind around. When a bug of a type that affects the majority of players ”financially” occurs, it is only right that the company either makes a general compensation to all players affected or display a pop-up message, encouraging players to submit claims. Either way, such an action would show that the company recognizes the issue(s) and is taking positive steps to both rectify the error and ensure that players don't go away because they feel *****ed.

Banned
    too bad we can't contact the CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    too bad we can't contact the CEO
    I'm not sure it would do any good. You see, company culture is usually set or at least influenced by the higher-ups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast