Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
Hi! I started playing 3 days ago and leveled up pretty quickly with milk, cheese, cream, potatoes, cornbread, then buying passion fruits (couldn’t/can’t afford vine) and turning them into smoothies, and always discarding anything that needed dehydrator, plain apples, cocoa, etc until I had the money for the trees. I’d sell expansion items, paint, and prepared food for cash. Long story short, discarding options usually meant I had three or four do-able deliveries in the queue I was working towards, and would discard others and would soon have four doable and one with hickory I’d keep on hand so when I got a saw I could get $200. Well, I turned level 14 and every single doable trade is gone. Everything is soaps, cotton candy, things with the mill, specialty items, etc. Plus, the new event either just started or I just got access, so the newsstand is full of event items. I’ve discarded more than 25 trades in a row, having nothing I could make or send for any of them. Is this a bug? I suddenly need tens of thousands of dollars worth of buildings, and some of the trades are for single items that I don’t even have the level to prepare.
The game does get harder as you progress. My tips would be to refresh the deliveries you can't do and (if you havent already), unlocked the Newsstand and the Side shop. You can sell items that you produce in the side shop to get coins (They will always sell eventually), and buy items in the Newsstand. Also, on the bottom of the side shop, you can actually buy things from your neighbors shops! This is why I would certainty recommend adding neighbors as one of your main priorities.

If you don't feel comfortable participating in the events yet at this level, you can still sell the items and usually get a good amount of money as well.