Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 285

Thread: Farm 2: Help Me I have a Question (Thread 2)

  1. #231
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Hi! I started playing 3 days ago and leveled up pretty quickly with milk, cheese, cream, potatoes, cornbread, then buying passion fruits (couldn’t/can’t afford vine) and turning them into smoothies, and always discarding anything that needed dehydrator, plain apples, cocoa, etc until I had the money for the trees. I’d sell expansion items, paint, and prepared food for cash. Long story short, discarding options usually meant I had three or four do-able deliveries in the queue I was working towards, and would discard others and would soon have four doable and one with hickory I’d keep on hand so when I got a saw I could get $200. Well, I turned level 14 and every single doable trade is gone. Everything is soaps, cotton candy, things with the mill, specialty items, etc. Plus, the new event either just started or I just got access, so the newsstand is full of event items. I’ve discarded more than 25 trades in a row, having nothing I could make or send for any of them. Is this a bug? I suddenly need tens of thousands of dollars worth of buildings, and some of the trades are for single items that I don’t even have the level to prepare.
    The game does get harder as you progress. My tips would be to refresh the deliveries you can't do and (if you havent already), unlocked the Newsstand and the Side shop. You can sell items that you produce in the side shop to get coins (They will always sell eventually), and buy items in the Newsstand. Also, on the bottom of the side shop, you can actually buy things from your neighbors shops! This is why I would certainty recommend adding neighbors as one of your main priorities.

    If you don't feel comfortable participating in the events yet at this level, you can still sell the items and usually get a good amount of money as well.


  2. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    The game does get harder as you progress. My tips would be to refresh the deliveries you can't do and (if you havent already), unlocked the Newsstand and the Side shop. You can sell items that you produce in the side shop to get coins (They will always sell eventually), and buy items in the Newsstand. Also, on the bottom of the side shop, you can actually buy things from your neighbors shops! This is why I would certainty recommend adding neighbors as one of your main priorities.

    If you don't feel comfortable participating in the events yet at this level, you can still sell the items and usually get a good amount of money as well.
    Yes, I buy and sell. The problem (sorry so long winded) is that I do discard deliveries... now up to 50 in a row (discarded all 5, waited, and all 5 new ones are objects I?ve never seen before). It?s been gradually harder, but this is wild. I?m talking dozens and *dozens* of items I have never seen before not from a single new machine (like when dehydrated things started appearing, or chocolates) but from eight new machines.

  3. #233
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Hi! I started playing 3 days ago and leveled up pretty quickly with milk, cheese, cream, potatoes, cornbread, then buying passion fruits (couldn?t/can?t afford vine) and turning them into smoothies, and always discarding anything that needed dehydrator, plain apples, cocoa, etc until I had the money for the trees. I?d sell expansion items, paint, and prepared food for cash. Long story short, discarding options usually meant I had three or four do-able deliveries in the queue I was working towards, and would discard others and would soon have four doable and one with hickory I?d keep on hand so when I got a saw I could get $200. Well, I turned level 14 and every single doable trade is gone. Everything is soaps, cotton candy, things with the mill, specialty items, etc. Plus, the new event either just started or I just got access, so the newsstand is full of event items. I?ve discarded more than 25 trades in a row, having nothing I could make or send for any of them. Is this a bug? I suddenly need tens of thousands of dollars worth of buildings, and some of the trades are for single items that I don?t even have the level to prepare.
    Hi, welcome to the game.

    So, it sounds to me like you have just entered the Coin Shortage phase. I went through the same thing back in the days, for a long while. My advice to you is to craft and sell as many as you can for now. Deliveries offer less coins, even though you get to level up. Keep in mind, as you level up, you will be presented with more things to buy. Every player encounters coin shortage, whether to purchase new buildings/land/animals in this game. As you move along, you will get a better sense how to maintain a balance between coins and leveling up. Having a decent chuck of coins is key - it gives you the flexibility of buying a craft without having the craft building, it gives you the power to buy supplies to upgrade barn/silo and expand your land.

    Events can be a moneymaker even if you choose not to participate. Right now, each red envelope or firecracker is 175 coins. Gather them and sell in batches of 10, the bots will pick them up.

    The game really slows down once you reach the Coin Shortage phase. But that means you will have time to check the forum and have fun with us!

    Yes, plane deliveries are getting weird, I discarded a bunch today also.

  4. #234
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    526
    @peachtreeshoppe - I agree with Ankavale1000 because everyday to me is a Coin Shortage Phase, even in my 55 level, never touch 1 million, lol... Back in my early years I crafted and sold tomato pies and cheese nonstop, can't believe now I have a wider farm, please invest on the show ponies, hold your gems, do not buy pets like cats and/or dogs. I remember one day I had to discard all the deliveries, until there was nothing to deliver so I had to wait for a while. I passed many events in 2013-2014 just so I could save more coins to shop the buildings and animal resources, and that worth all the efforts. I completely understand that those events need coins, but hey, I was a newcomer and I needed coins too

  5. #235

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by ankavale1000 View Post
    Hi, welcome to the game.

    So, it sounds to me like you have just entered the Coin Shortage phase. I went through the same thing back in the days, for a long while. My advice to you is to craft and sell as many as you can for now. Deliveries offer less coins, even though you get to level up. Keep in mind, as you level up, you will be presented with more things to buy. Every player encounters coin shortage, whether to purchase new buildings/land/animals in this game. As you move along, you will get a better sense how to maintain a balance between coins and leveling up. Having a decent chuck of coins is key - it gives you the flexibility of buying a craft without having the craft building, it gives you the power to buy supplies to upgrade barn/silo and expand your land.

    Events can be a moneymaker even if you choose not to participate. Right now, each red envelope or firecracker is 175 coins. Gather them and sell in batches of 10, the bots will pick them up.

    The game really slows down once you reach the Coin Shortage phase. But that means you will have time to check the forum and have fun with us!

    Yes, plane deliveries are getting weird, I discarded a bunch today also.
    Thank you! I wondered why so many people had so many bunches of eggs for sale, and this ?bot? thing makes sense. I had seemingly random luck with the moon cake selling quickly a few times and hopped on the event to read up, then saw it?s desirable so that?s my active focus for selling now. It seems the envelopes are flooding the market but I also managed to sell a couple ten packs of envelopes, perhaps because I sold a little under market value, or because of the bots. Such large amounts of money... I was able to some new buildings and finally piece together what items come from where (with the help of the building guide ? thank you!) My hangar is starting to make sense again, with occasional deliveries completely out of reach and immediately discarded, but most having half recognizable things. I?m back to cornbread, plain chocolate, fried eggs, potatoes, raw crops plus one or two complex things in a delivery. Something to work for but not something completely unattainable. Without the cash from selling the event though and being able to go above barn cap with the rat, I would have likely given up.

    Is there a standard for how bots choose, if you know it?s a bot, or how frequent they are? Thank you for your great advice!

  6. #236
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Thank you! I wondered why so many people had so many bunches of eggs for sale, and this ?bot? thing makes sense. I had seemingly random luck with the moon cake selling quickly a few times and hopped on the event to read up, then saw it?s desirable so that?s my active focus for selling now. It seems the envelopes are flooding the market but I also managed to sell a couple ten packs of envelopes, perhaps because I sold a little under market value, or because of the bots. Such large amounts of money... I was able to some new buildings and finally piece together what items come from where (with the help of the building guide ? thank you!) My hangar is starting to make sense again, with occasional deliveries completely out of reach and immediately discarded, but most having half recognizable things. I?m back to cornbread, plain chocolate, fried eggs, potatoes, raw crops plus one or two complex things in a delivery. Something to work for but not something completely unattainable. Without the cash from selling the event though and being able to go above barn cap with the rat, I would have likely given up.

    Is there a standard for how bots choose, if you know it?s a bot, or how frequent they are? Thank you for your great advice!
    The abundance of eggs in the market is due to a severe shortage of moon cakes (for those trying for the lucky rat). The flood of red envelopes is everyone trying to make some coins. Yes, my plane deliveries are back to normal, too. Woohoo. As for bots, I can’t tell you how it works, because I really don’t know. From my personal experience though, I can share the following:

    1. Non-Event items - the bot may show up once or twice a day (disguising as other players), or simply with a Stormie logo, picking at random
    2. Event items - I usually discard all event items (barn space), but as soon as event is over, if I have any event items left, I load them all and by next day, they are ALL gone. This tells me that the bots bought them all, since event over, no players would buy them.

    The things that you listed (corn bread, plain chocolate, fried eggs) are pretty hot items during Leaderboard events when players are trying to fulfill truck deliveries, so always sell them in batches of 10 if you are not doing so already.

  7. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by ankavale1000 View Post
    The abundance of eggs in the market is due to a severe shortage of moon cakes (for those trying for the lucky rat). The flood of red envelopes is everyone trying to make some coins. Yes, my plane deliveries are back to normal, too. Woohoo. As for bots, I can’t tell you how it works, because I really don’t know. From my personal experience though, I can share the following:

    1. Non-Event items - the bot may show up once or twice a day (disguising as other players), or simply with a Stormie logo, picking at random
    2. Event items - I usually discard all event items (barn space), but as soon as event is over, if I have any event items left, I load them all and by next day, they are ALL gone. This tells me that the bots bought them all, since event over, no players would buy them.

    The things that you listed (corn bread, plain chocolate, fried eggs) are pretty hot items during Leaderboard events when players are trying to fulfill truck deliveries, so always sell them in batches of 10 if you are not doing so already.
    Thank you! How frequent are leaderboards here? Most forum folks hated them in castle story because they were either so high level they were unintentionally first, or matched up with people who zoomed ahead. I liked them, though. Is it just number of trades? I guess I can go find a guide...

  8. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Thank you! How frequent are leaderboards here? Most forum folks hated them in castle story because they were either so high level they were unintentionally first, or matched up with people who zoomed ahead. I liked them, though. Is it just number of trades? I guess I can go find a guide...
    Hi
    Welcome to my favourite game!

    Here you will find past events!

    https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...nd-Goal-Guides

    We usually have at least one leaderboard per month sometimes more.

    But we always have another event at the same time so at least we have a choice!

    Play both events or ignore one.

    I always play for the milestone prizes though in the leaderboard and sometime I win the top prize too!

  9. #239
    Thank you for the leaderboard info! I am in dire need of screws and keep an eye but never see them in newspapers or neighbors’ shops. How can I go about getting even 2 or 3 total? My silo and barn hold 110 items and I’ve leveled up enough that I’m constantly discarding items, which I know I need to do to some extent, but I don’t like to discard things I made to help gather moon cakes for other players.

  10. #240
    Hi again, question for you all: is it possible to get bronze bells from truck deliveries? I got one or two when it was a “bonus is possible” type truck, but on full truck deliveries I got silver and cannot buy anything with silver. I don’t want to bother working towards full trucks that are more challenging if I can’t get bronze. I need upgrading materials and want the salvage yards.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •