Thread: Flutterglint Dragon - December 25 2018

Executive Chef

Flutterglint Dragon - December 25 2018

Is anyone getting this, is it worth it ?

2,000 gold is a lot but then again I doubt it will be on a better sale any time soon.

Merry Christmas!

On sale for limited time
    Rarity: Ultra Rare
    Type: Gold
    Habitat: Treasure Terrace
    Available at: Level 40
    Buying Price: 4,000 gold
    Selling Price: 100 coins
    Incubation: 24 hours
    Exp Gained: 3,000

Levels 1-3- 1 gold
    Levels 4-6- 2 gold
    Levels 7-9 -3 gold
    Levels 10-14 - 4 gold
    Level 15- 5 Gold
    Last edited by kooky panda; 12-26-18 at 10:36 AM.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Is anyone getting this, is it worth it ?

2,000 gold is a lot but then again I doubt it will be on a better sale any time soon.

Merry Christmas!
    This was first released during the Black Friday sales this year, at this same 50% off price.

You’ll need to evolve it to level 15 to gain the 5 gold per day, and that will require 886,450 pieces of food.

Can’t tell you if it is worth your while to get this Dragon because what we consider worthwhile may not be the same as your considerations.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    This was first released during the Black Friday sales this year, at this same 50% off price.

You’ll need to evolve it to level 15 to gain the 5 gold per day, and that will require 886,450 pieces of food.

Can’t tell you if it is worth your while to get this Dragon because what we consider worthwhile may not be the same as your considerations.
    I didn't get this "offer" on BF, first time I'm seeing this.

As far as worthwhile goes I've never purchased gold dragons for more than 1,000 gold and at that time it was steep considering the cost was usually 400 to 800 gold.

Is that worthwhile enough to you.

Rhino Keeper

As far as worthwhile goes I've never purchased gold dragons for more than 1,000 gold and at that time it was steep considering the cost was usually 400 to 800 gold.

I have to admire the s8 marketing (after the s8 shakeup/headcount downsize) who reversed strategy on the sale of GPDs.
    Previously, we waited for sales of the 12 or more GPDs available at 400 to 800 golds.
    Now, by removing most of the old GPDs, leaving only 3 available at the marketplace for 1500-2000 golds and the on sale at special occasions( like BF, Christmas) GPDs like Flutterglint at 2000 golds(normal price 4000 when available), s8 has moved the valuation of GPDs to at least 1000 golds on SALE!
    The last sale at below 1000 golds was at least a year ago, when one was offered at 800 golds.
    So now GPDs are 1000 to 2000 golds on SALE.

What do you consider as “worthwhile?”

Once you purchase the dragon and even before you evolve it until it produces five gold pieces a day for you, it begins to pay for itself. Whereas the previous GPDs priced between 400 and 1000 gold would pay for themselves within months, the Flutterglint would take slightly more than a year to produce enough gold to cover its cost.

So if your idea of “worthwhile” is tied in with the length of time it takes for the GPD to pay for itself, then I’m sorry to say that you are not going to find the Flutterglint “worthwhile.”

Me? I'm a completionist, so the acquisition of this dragon had nothing to do with whether or not it was “worthwhile.”

Rhino Keeper
    How long is this sale going on?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    What do you consider as “worthwhile?”

Once you purchase the dragon and even before you evolve it until it produces five gold pieces a day for you, it begins to pay for itself. Whereas the previous GPDs priced between 400 and 1000 gold would pay for themselves within months, the Flutterglint would take slightly more than a year to produce enough gold to cover its cost.

So if your idea of “worthwhile” is tied in with the length of time it takes for the GPD to pay for itself, then I’m sorry to say that you are not going to find the Flutterglint “worthwhile.”

Me? I'm a completionist, so the acquisition of this dragon had nothing to do with whether or not it was “worthwhile.”
    Good to know, thank you.