Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using or Saving Permits and Lanterns?

Fashion Designer

Using or Saving Permits and Lanterns?

Just wondering if people are using their permits and lanterns to open up plots or hanging on to them in hopes of another "sale?"

Executive Chef
    I generally let my Expansion Permits build up to around the 15/20 mark, and only expand once I have buildings/deco to fill the new area.
    This way I generally have a few always laying round in case of random sales/releases.

Executive Chef
    I am fairly new and am using them up, I need space!

Executive Chef
    what kind of sale do they have that you would need lanterns/EPs for?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Nightclub Owner
    I use my Enchanted Lanterns as soon as I have them since they're pretty easy to craft. The Explorer's Permits however, I save until I've got enough to open a new plot and then use them expand right away.

I'm to the expansions now where they each require 4 Explorer's Permits each so my expanding has slowed down significantly to about one per week. It's even slower when there's an event that uses up my Workshops but, what can you do?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I'm to the expansions now where they each require 4 Explorer's Permits each so my expanding has slowed down significantly to about one per week.
    I would love it if my expansions slowed down to one per week . I never tracked it before but did for the last month after seeing the new high costs. I wouldn't have even been able to get 2 plots needing 4 explorers permits in a month and that was a month where I did seem to be lucky with permits dropping. But I know I am still doing better that a lot of my neighbours so I am not complaining!

I do generally hold on to permits but mainly because I like to open 2 or 3 areas at a time, so I can properly plan and design what goes there. So my decision has to be do I turn expansion permits into explorers permits or keep some in case there is a sale that uses them.

It would be great if a sale applied to the next plots we decided to open, rather than specific plots, with a percentage discount on whatever it needed. That would give all players the chance to benefit from the sale.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm trying to open two spaces right now. I have plenty of permits but it's the lanterns I don't have enough of. I need to find more coal.

Executive Chef
    my problem right now is the coins. i have over 30 lanterns and several permits. but only 400K in coin. not knowing what event they will do next (& if i want to do it or sit out), i don't know if i should expand or not. plus i have a HUGE list of quests i am working on and the spaces i would expand to would double that list (elven outpost or the forgotten roost)
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    what kind of sale do they have that you would need lanterns/EPs for?
    There were sales on plots connected with the "Hidden Forest" event.
    Last edited by robotparade; 03-14-19 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Spot the difference!

Fashion Designer
    This new goal "The Hidden Forest" is an example for saving expansion permits and lanterns. Wish I wasn't so compulsive on using all of mine instead of saving a few. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast