Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Peppermint Mocha Dragon - Dec 21 2018 (complete goal "A Hungry 2019!" for a gift!)

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mylord7 View Post
    Welcome back after the holidays and Happy new Year!
    As far as I know, ALL the caretakers have seen the pop up message that informed them to breed a white/red Dragon, while the "unforseen formatting issue" prevented them from breeding the wanted Dragon.
    Most of the caretakers don't read or don't participate in the forum and probably don't even know that they were impacted.
    They just followed your "misleading" pop up info and for their breeding fails of another Common Event Dragon that has the behavior of an Ultra Rare one they put the blame into the bad luck once again (which is wrong) and not into the bad code and your mistake (which is right).
    You suggest a case-by-case assistance solution, which, maybe, isn't wrong, by just replying on this thread, without even a sticky announcement, and that's all!
    Why don't you send a new massive pop up to inform ALL your caretakers about the whole problem, asking them to contact you in case they were impacted?
    I am sorry to say, but you chose a very convenient for you way, which is rather disappointing once again... :-/
    Not all players participate in events or were impacted. A mass invitation to create a request about an issue they haven't experienced asking if they were or weren't impacted confuses players and delays service for players who are impacted and contacted support for help. We can help impacted players as quickly as possible or we can filter through people who may or may not have been impacted for weeks or months while our team verifies the game logs from those claims.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Not all players participate in events or were impacted. A mass invitation to create a request about an issue they haven't experienced asking if they were or weren't impacted confuses players and delays service for players who are impacted and contacted support for help. We can help impacted players as quickly as possible or we can filter through people who may or may not have been impacted for weeks or months while our team verifies the game logs from those claims.
    Thanks for responding after I requested it. Sad though that it is a terrible excuse that shows that you guys choose keeping people in the dark in stead of giving them justice. “Confuses players...” Really?
    Last edited by RhodryMaelwaedd; 01-08-19 at 03:16 PM.

Banned
    Well, I don't necessarily want to pile on, but it seems that the real solution here would be to focus on *prevention* of issues rather than constantly having to make reparations to players and having Support have to wade through 100s of requests in the first place. Yes, I fully recognize that none of us are perfect and we *all* make mistakes. Even doctors make mistakes, and their mistakes can be fatal. Thankfully, this is just a game. However, I do, as I've stated before, think that S8 needs to work on their quality improvement or quality assessment to make sure that fewer mistakes are made, especially mistakes that cost people real money. Even something as simple as the fact that "enchanted" was misspelled "enchated" and never corrected indicates to me a lack of pride in their work.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post

That's why, when they make an error that affects a majority of the players, the developers of my other games will send every player a small gift of in-app currency. 25 gold seems appropriate in this case and in this game. It could come from Stormie with a note to the effect of: "Oops! The Peppermint Mocha breeding instructions we gave you were incorrect. Please accept this gift and our sincerest apologies. Thank you for being a valued player!" attached.

People who DID spend lots of gold on breeding will be like, "Hey! I spent a lot more than 25 gold trying to speed breed that dragon, I need to file a ticket and see if I can get it refunded!" People like me who spent around 40 gold will likely just cut their losses and be happy to get some of the gold back without having to deal with filing a ticket. And the people who didn't spend any gold or who were not affected, or those who plain just don't care, will be super stoked to get a gift of 25 gold.

Sending everyone 25 gold isn't going to break your game or company or the "game economy." It's not even close to being enough gold to purchase one valuable item (dragon, habitat, nest, etc).

It's the gesture that counts.

It's simple, and to be perfectly honest, you all really need to start generating some goodwill. Look at the threads from the past year. By and large, your players are not happy campers. Things like this snafu and the decidedly lackluster handling of it are a big part of why. You can't just shrug it off by saying "not everyone was affected." And just leaving players in the dark is a nasty piece of work.

Breeding this dragon wasn't only a huge part of the event, but also a goal that popped up (with the wrong instructions). Even those players who didn't actively participate in the Tales had plenty of reason to try to breed a new dragon in a dragon breeding and collecting game. Heck, Backflip just sent all players 25 gems a few days ago for an error that was far, far less significant than this one- and 25 gems buys a lot more in that game than 25 gold will in this one.

Mistakes happen. How you handle them matters more than the mistake, itself.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-08-19 at 11:24 PM.

Banned
    @FireballFarm You rock! I love your well-written, well-reasoned, persuasive argument. And the final sentence of your comment is very valid and important.

What I've found myself doing these days when I decide to speed breed my dragons/creatures, is to take a snapshot of my game screen showing the current gold level. I then activate my screen recorder (I'm on iOS) and record my attempts at speed breeding. This way, if it turns out that there was an issue with the breeding combinations, I would send both to S8's support and request for the amount wasted on the speed breeding. Having pictures and/or a video is about the only way you can approach them and have the proof of the amount you spent. Without them, S8 would, at best, give you a partial refund.

Fashion Designer
    Wow had tried for this dragon the whole time and was wonderful why I wasn?t getting it with the red and white combo it stated so I had to end up using gold to skip the goals so I could complete the goal which was 150 gold which I paid because of storm8 mess up that is definitely not fair. I doubt storm8 will do anything I?ve been waiting for 2 weeks so far for response on their restaurant story game

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    We apologize for the issue and your continued wait on requests! Please visit your goal books and complete "A Hungry 2019!" to accept a gift. Thank you for playing Dragon Story!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Well, I don't necessarily want to pile on, but it seems that the real solution here would be to focus on *prevention* of issues rather than constantly having to make reparations to players and having Support have to wade through 100s of requests in the first place. Yes, I fully recognize that none of us are perfect and we *all* make mistakes. Even doctors make mistakes, and their mistakes can be fatal. Thankfully, this is just a game. However, I do, as I've stated before, think that S8 needs to work on their quality improvement or quality assessment to make sure that fewer mistakes are made, especially mistakes that cost people real money. Even something as simple as the fact that "enchanted" was misspelled "enchated" and never corrected indicates to me a lack of pride in their work.
    Phoenix, you hit the nail on the head!

The following is a true story:

There was a lift manufacturing company that sought to improve their emergency response times when breakdown reports came in through their hotlines and eventually managed to get the timing down to less than ten minutes. However, surveys they conducted showed that customers were still unhappy. The CEO of the company set up a team to find ways to improve the response times, but after several days of checking through the survey results, they realized that it wasn't the speed of the response time that the customers were unhappy about, but the fact that the lifts broke down. The solution, quality control in the manufacturing line and regular maintenance of the elevators to ensure that occurrences were brought down to almost zero.

For this company, one single breakdown occurrence in a year is too many. I wonder what S8 will set as their standard for the future.

Banned
    The 10,000 food gift is more than enough to make me happy. It truly makes up for the mistakes of S8. With another 5000 I can feed my magnetic dragon ONE time. Thank you S8.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast