Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/20 - A Holiday Faerie Tale event

Rhino Keeper
    I'm confused.

Why are we decorating a tree after Christmas? It will be just done in time to take all the decorations down.

The wall is useless. The main prize not much better. The only 'good' thing is that the random drops from the side game are just decorative so it's no loss not to get them, unlike recent random drops, where one missed out on a pet that dropped tickets. I've missed out on every worthwhile random drop, but now have 4 winter picnics and 2 winter gardens. And nowhere to put them.

Anyone else got the feeling that the devs concentrated on the gingerbread game only to realise they'd miscalculated the dates and had to rush something out over the holiday?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I'm confused.

Why are we decorating a tree after Christmas? It will be just done in time to take all the decorations down.

The wall is useless. The main prize not much better. The only 'good' thing is that the random drops from the side game are just decorative so it's no loss not to get them, unlike recent random drops, where one missed out on a pet that dropped tickets. I've missed out on every worthwhile random drop, but now have 4 winter picnics and 2 winter gardens. And nowhere to put them.

Anyone else got the feeling that the devs concentrated on the gingerbread game only to realise they'd miscalculated the dates and had to rush something out over the holiday?
    In some countries the Xmas presents are given beginning of December, in other in Jan. So depends on where you live, Xmas is not yet over, or since loooong over.

And yes, most deco end up in my inventory. The tree is nice as it drops tons of coins every 2 hours (L6 only). A real nice coin source. Maybe a little of as realm deco in the summer season
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Putting them on Sale for CS coins would be great. (hint-hint)
    Access on buying them could go to those players who have earned the one wall and tower. It's only for deco use.. and those who like decorating their kingdom are a positive asset for developers as it's those exact players who care for the game.

I care for the game so much that I have 2 high level kingdoms and 1 low level. I buy gems for the 2 high but not for the lower., and what a difference it is striving for everything there.
    My point is that they are using the same formats for events but now something has been changed because we used to get 4 walls and 2 towers. I like to decorate my places and expect a prize worked for to be useful and 1 wall and 1 tower is useless and looks rediculous lol. The fact that they may have done this on purpose to make us buy more, right now seems silly because they are not on sale, but if they are in the future I would hope they would be cheap and for coins. It's the principle here. I would like them to give everyone 3 more walls and a tower but hey, we know we don't usually get what we want here....conformation button. .cough cough!!

Rhino Keeper
    I've got 3 of the Elf skunkupine and no elf golem

so MAGIC OF FORUMMM.. I want one elf golem please

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    I've got 3 of the Elf skunkupine and no elf golem

so MAGIC OF FORUMMM.. I want one elf golem please
    I have two elf golems and would gladly give you both, cause all I wanted was the skunk but have none

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    I have two elf golems and would gladly give you both, cause all I wanted was the skunk but have none
    Same. Wanted the skunk got golem and troll...

Executive Chef
    One of the best things I liked were the snow-capped pines.
    I'm finished with The Great Gingerbread Gripe event and will now wait for the algorithm to do the countdown. I'm not sending out requests, but will accept any requests that pop up in my game.

It looks like the final prize is an arch. Can't wait!
    Adding: I'm slightly offended that S8 would name it that.
    Last edited by riverly; 12-30-18 at 12:46 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandlady View Post
    For THREE drops in a row, I?ve had no yellow glitter from the dreaded troll camp. I?ll never finish at this rate.����������

Any advice?
    Every time the troll camp doesn't drop I put it in storage for a couple of minutes and then take it out again. Seems to help....a little.

The randomness is frustrating. I have just finished my tree in my 50 (lower XP) second kingdom, but still need 3 yellow glitter in my first kingdom. With 3 days left I stay hopeful...

Drops I got from present stacks (that I know of): 2 x nutcracker, 1 x red sleigh (had 1 in inventory), 1x pile of gifts, 2 x winter garden, 1 x winter picnic, 1 x wreath lamp post, 3 x christmas path, 1 x snow gate?, 2 x elf skunkupea, 1 x elf baby golem. Not bad, I guess, even if most of it is just deco and ends up in storage.
    Last edited by Andro45; 12-30-18 at 02:00 PM.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post

<clip>

Drops I got from present stacks (that I know of): 2 x nutcracker, 1 x red sleigh (had 1 in inventory), 1x pile of gifts, 2 x winter garden, 1 x winter picnic, 1 x wreath lamp post, 3 x christmas path, 1 x snow gate?, 2 x elf skunkupea, 1 x elf baby golem. Not bad, I guess, even if most of it is just deco and ends up in storage.
    The Snowy Gate is a valuable selling item if you need coins. It gives 15,000 coins for the one gate. In this time of expensive expansions.. it's useful.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Just finished the latest quest and in my opinion, I'm not sure why I wasted my time, coins and resources for such pitiful returns. S8 is better than this one for sure. We used to have great fun on CS but now it seems that all the quests are basically the same. Okay, S8 get your creative genius back and give us a run for our money. We deserve it and you can do it!