Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/20 - A Holiday Faerie Tale event

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'm sitting at the airport so can't write goals today either now. If anyone wants to do an unformatted quick version I can paste into page 1 please do. (Use the previous community event as a baseline if you want to make it pretty!) I won't have time now till after Boxing Day.

Merry Christmas all! Have a safe and happy holiday and I'll be back on deck full time in 2 weeks and intermittently during the next 2 weeks. I'll post a pic of the sunny Gold Coast which boasts some of the best beaches in the world when I'm there next week! Thanks all for a fun year xxx
    Fingers crossed this works...

Community Event Information

* Make sure you on the latest version of the game

* The Troll Camp can be purchased under the DECORATIONS tab if you do not already have one

* Any tree can be chopped to get Green Ornaments

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed.

* What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Events Work in the Hub.
    * Help! I can't see the upgrade button? If you do not see the upgrade button, click somewhere else on the board and then click back on the item. The buttons should return. Force close if still not showing.
    * Help! The drops aren't going into my inventory! There is a counter on the top right of screen and all drops go there. They do not go into inventory.

* To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 15 Gingerbread Cookies.
    * When you reach 15, the next individual prize opens up for you and will show you how many Gingerbread Cookies you will need for the next individual prize.
    * Once you reach 400 Gingerbread Cookies, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).
    * The total number of Gingerbread Cookies is updated on the counter as soon as they drop, not when they are collected.
    * Be mindful that upgrading resets the timer back to 2 hours.

Pictures of the event from ShibuyaCloth: in post below

Individual Prizes: (these were the numbers from the previous event, so they may be the same for this one)
    1. 15 | 30 Crowns
    2. 80 | 1 Present Stack
    3. 150 | 50 Crowns
    4. 450 | 1 Present Stack
    5. 760 | Red Nose Fawnicorn (pet)

Community Prizes: decoration only (names and amounts are guesses until someone posts actual info)
    1. Gingerbread Wall x4
    2. Gingerbread Tower x4
    3. Gingerbread Gate x2

Castle Adventure (from goal 5)
    Castle adventure, 4 hours - 1 Gingerbread Foot, 5 Bags of Coal, 1 Golden Egg
    Drops: multi drops of: Silver Ornament, Red Ornament, Green Ornament, Purple Glitter, Orange Glitter, Yellow Glitter

Workshop crafts
    Fiery Ornament, 30 minutes - 2 Red Ornament + 2 Orange Glitter + 5 Christmas Magic
    Earthly Ornament, 2 hours - 5 Green Ornament, 1 Yellow Glitter, 5 Christmas Magic
    Elemental Ornament, 1 hour - 2 Silver Ornament, 1 Purple Glitter, 10 Christmas Magic

Great Holiday Tree (Level 15+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    Collection time: 2 hours during event
    Speed up: 4 gems
    Drops: Gingerbread Cookies
    Cost: 1300 coin
    Build: comes fully built
    Level 1: fully built +200 coin drop | Drops: 1 Gingerbread Cookie
    Level 2: 2 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot | +300 coins | Drops: 2
    Level 3: 3 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot | +400 coins | Drops: 3
    Level 4: 4 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot | +500 coins | Drops: 8
    Level 5: 5 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot | +600 coins | Drops: 15
    Level 6: 8 of each craft only | +2200 coins | Drops: 25

Lower leveled players requirements:
    Level 2: 1 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot
    Level 3: 1 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot
    Level 4: 2 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot
    Level 5: 4 of each craft, 4 Gingerbread Foot
    Level 6: 6 of each craft only

Goal Information

Goal 1:
    * Place the Great Holiday Tree 0/1 GO | market, 1300 coins
    * Gather Christmas Magic 0/1 GO (skip 10 gems) | chop Sack of Gifts
    * Gather Gingerbread Cookies 0/1 GO (skip 12 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp

Goal 2:
    * Gather Red Ornaments 0/2 GO (skip 20 gems) | collect from Rocket Larkspur or Larkspur Shrubs
    * Gather Orange Glitter 0/2 GO (skip 30 gems | collect from chickens
    * Gather Christmas Magic 0/5 GO (skip 40 gems)
    * Create Fiery Ornaments 0/1 GO (skip 80 gems) | Workshop, 30 mimutes - 2 Red Ornament, 2 Orange Glitter, 5 Christmas Magic

Goal 3:
    * Gather Green Ornaments 0/5 GO (skip 75 gems) | chop any tree, not just the Crab Apple
    * Gather Yellow Glitter 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | collect from the Troll Camp
    * Gather Christmas Magic 0/5 (skip 50 gems)
    * Make Earthly Ornaments 0/1 GO (skip 100 gems) | Workshop, 2 hours - 5 Green Ornament, 1 Yellow Glitter, 5 Christmas Magic

Goal 4:
    * Gather Silver Ornaments 0/2 GO (skip 30 gems) | defeat Fangbeasts
    * Gather Purple Glitter 0/1 GO (skip 15 gems) from Stables
    * Gather Christmas Magic 0/10 (skip 100 gems)
    * Make Elemental Ornaments 0/1 GO (skip 150 gems) | Workshop, 1 hour - 2 Silver Ornament, 1 Purple Glitter, 10 Christmas Magic

Goal 5:
    * Make 2 Fiery Ornaments (skip 160 gems)
    * Make 2 Earthly Ornaments (skip 200 gems)
    * Make 2 Elemental Ornaments (skip 300 gems)
    * Gather 4 Gingerbread Feet (skip 96 gems)
    * Upgrade the Great Holiday Tree to Level 2

This goal triggered with goal 5.
    Goal:
    * Open a Sack of Gifts 0/1
    * Collect Bags of Coal from Sacks of Gifts 0/1
    * Trade with Trolls 0/1 GO | Troll Holiday Trade Castle Adventure, 4 hours - 1 Gingerbread Foot, 5 Bag of Coal, 1 Golden Egg

Goal 6:
    * Make 3 Fiery Ornaments (skip 240 gems)
    * Make 3 Earthly Ornaments (skip 300 gems)
    * Make 3 Elemental Ornaments (skip 450 gems)
    * Upgrade the Great Holiday Tree to Level 3

Goal 7:
    * Make 4 Fiery Ornaments (skip 320 gems)
    * Make 4 Earthly Ornaments (skip 400 gems)
    * Make 4 Elemental Ornaments (skip 600 gems)
    * Upgrade the Great Holiday Tree to Level 4
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp, +30 crowns

Goal 8:
    * Make 5 Fiery Ornaments (skip 400 gems)
    * Make 5 Earthly Ornaments (skip 500 gems)
    * Make 5 Elemental Ornaments (skip 750 gems)
    * Upgrade the Great Holiday Tree to Level 5
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp, +40 crowns

Goal 9:
    * Make 8 Fiery Ornaments (skip 640 gems)
    * Make 8 Earthly Ornaments (skip 800 gems)
    * Make 8 Elemental Ornaments (skip 1200 gems)
    * Upgrade the Great Holiday Tree to Level 6
    Rewards: 1000 coin, 30 xp, + 100 Crowns

DAILY Timed Side Goal Information

* These goals reward Present Stacks. You do not need to complete this quest to progress. The stacks will go to your storage. (Force close if they don't show up.)
    * The Elf Troll Baby, Baby Elf Glimmer Golem and Elf Skunkupea are random prizes when you chop the Present Stack.
    * There are also various past Christmas decos that can drop in addition to Gingerbread Cookies.
    Known deco drops: Snow Gate, Snow Tower, Snow Wall, Christmas Path, Winter Picnic, Winter Garden, Pile of Gifts, Red Sleigh, Wreath Lamppost, Nutcracker

* SEND OUT REQUESTS TO ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS ASAP. THEY ACCUMULATE FOR THE OTHER 2 GOALS.

Goal 1:
    * Ask neighbours for Wrapped Gifts 0/3 | request from neighbours (ask all of them!)

Goal 2:
    * Give Gemma Wrapped Gifts 0/3 GIVE
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp +1 Present Stack

Goal 3:
    * Ask neighbours for Wrapped Gifts 0/5 ASK (previously received Gifts will show here)

Goal 4:
    * Give Gemma Wrapped Gifts 0/5 GIVE

Goal 5:
    * Ask neighbours for Wrapped Gifts 0/7 ASK (previously received Gifts will show here)

Goal 6:
    * Give Gemma Wrapped Gifts 0/7 GIVE
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 12-23-18 at 01:55 AM.

Well, here we go AGAIN! The Troll Camp is not dropping the Yellow Glitter from every Collection!!! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TL?!?!?! I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO USE MY GEMS JUST TO COMPLETE ANOTHER GOAL/QUEST!!! This is UNBELIEVABLY UNFAIR of you to do this TL! Make it drop the needed item from each Collection! FIX THIS!😡

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by WhidbeyPort29 View Post
    What level is required to receive sale offers and event play?
    I think the level requirement is low, like 9, or maybe as much as 15? I recall when I started in March 2018 it wouldn't let me buy rainbow river until level 17, which I did not reach before the event expired. But I would think you'd be seeing at least a few things in the Market in the Featured tab?

If you are a higher level, I'll give you the standard advice for when the game isn't working right: close and restart. Failing that, uninstall and reinstall.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought one of those big bags of gifts for 40 gems, what a waste!! I needed coal for adventures and it states that you have a higher chance with this item, I chopped it and got none!

I have 200 magic saved up and I don't actually need anymore, but if I want to do adventures I will have to chop more bags of gifts. At this point, it's more reliable to get the troll camp glitter through adventures than the actual troll camp. I'm also having trouble getting the glitter from the stables. It started out dropping every collection but yesterday didn't drop any and I have 2 of them. I wanted to hurry through this event so I can work on my storylines. I am at the point that I can upgrade the tidegate to lvl 8 and I need to defeat helsa for 199 hits!

Trudyscandles

Rhino Keeper
    Has anyone figured out what the final gift of the event drops? It would be nice to know what we're working toward.

Trudyscandles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    I haven't gotten any of the special items dropped from stacks of presents as of yet. I will continue to wish!

I am having trouble with the troll camp dropping glitter, it's being pretty stingy. I have everything needed to upgrade my tree to lvl 4 except for the earth ornament, I have zero of those, so I still need 4.

Does anyone know if the current $4.99 deal have the glitter from the chickens or the troll camp? Might be worth it if it's the troll camp glitter.

Thanks!
    Trudyscandles
    I've now chopped 13 stack of presents and only received gingerbread.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    Well, here we go AGAIN! The Troll Camp is not dropping the Yellow Glitter from every Collection!!! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TL?!?!?! I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO USE MY GEMS JUST TO COMPLETE ANOTHER GOAL/QUEST!!! This is UNBELIEVABLY UNFAIR of you to do this TL! Make it drop the needed item from each Collection! FIX THIS!
    I really hate the troll camp....it’s ugly, unreliable, slow, and takes up way too much room. Kind of like my uncle George...
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    Has anyone figured out what the final gift of the event drops? It would be nice to know what we're working toward.
    Considering there was nothing on splash screen, idk. As a pessimist I always assume deco only - then I might be pleasantly surprised if it has drops.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I've now chopped 13 stack of presents and only received gingerbread.
    Ikr?! I got one tiny thing (a wreath lantern, same size as gingerbread one) and that's it. Have seen goodies in other kingdoms. Hope our luck changes.

Rhino Keeper
    My troll camp is not dropping the gold bottle and I am getting very few bags of coal and have chopped at least 100 sacks of gifts (probably more). I do not think I will be able to finish this one. Why can't S8 let us have fun with events? If they want us to spend gems, then they can put more things in the market for gems. I would gladly buy things from the market for gems but I hate spending gems to get through an event when we are not even sure of what we will be getting at the end!
    S8 please remove cap on level

Fashion Designer
    S8 - Castle Story is a peaceful addiction to so many across the globe, thank you!
    My only suggestion wrapping up the year is to eliminate the randomness of the drops for the neighbor request side goals.
    If a player completes the goal they should get equal prizes.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast