Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/20 - A Holiday Faerie Tale event

My red nose fawn gave me a red petal -seriously??? After all that work. I think I may rest this game again and pick up perhaps later - you really need realistic payoffs to keep players motivated. Sorry S8 but as one of the first players of this game, ummm, you are off track. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    My red nose fawn gave me a red petal -seriously??? After all that work. I think I may rest this game again and pick up perhaps later - you really need realistic payoffs to keep players motivated. Sorry S8 but as one of the first players of this game, ummm, you are off track. Bye.
    I hear you!

My thoughts:

ONE gingerbread wall??? Seriously? That's the first community prize? One piece of wall?
    Last edited by robotparade; 12-27-18 at 06:29 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    It?s a rare drop from the Troll Holiday Trade, but I did manage to get two of them in 7 trades.
    Have gotten 3 yellow glitter from about 8 or 9 trades. Helps but burned a lot of nrg chopping gifts for coal. Am collecter so need 3 more to finish. Should be easy as trade drops from Troll Camp lately have been 2 out of 3. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Not that anyone cares but I am seriously disappointed with this event and where S8 has taken this game. I am quite certain there are quest I will never finish and land expansions I will never be able to purchase. These events are never ending. And the energy/resources requirements are steadily increasing, as so is the price to do these events. My coins are steadily being drained. 900 coins for one sack! To get 5 Christmas magic and need so many. All i need is yellow glitter!!! My tree is stagnant waiting on it. I haven’t even opened community prizes yet, not that it matters much, for my 1 wall. Greed!!! It’s absurd! I’m honestly feeling like the thrill is gone for me in this game.

Rhino Keeper
    After 4 years of playing does seem also to me the magic is gone. Used to anticipate every update eagerly awaiting the start and reading everyone’s progress in forum. Now it seems events are tedious and rewards slim with the ever present pressure to use gems to complete tasks. Using key structures with long timers and low drop rates only serves making players feel pressured to use those gems. Still love the game but wish for the Old Days!

Rhino Keeper
    First collection from red nose I got 3 spellbound dew and black flag for red petals.

As for the game, I have played it on and off for years. When I get tired of the repetitive actions needed and fed up with the requirements, I take a breakfrom it. It does seem that s8 has gotten much more money hungry here lately. They really should read these forums. But I believe they are probably off enjoying their holidays on our dime.

Trudyscandles

Executive Chef
    Storm8 does read the forum , and changes are implimented.
    I feel the main problem is the structure in which the gameplay is delivered these days.
    There is a rolling event format which creates monotonous work.
    This does not create happy players!

I’m very disappointed that there was a forum thread relating to this “holiday period” of events and all of that seems to have been ignored.
    There were numerous great ideas that would’ve created excitement.
    (even just changing the ground colour from green to white)
    But instead we get the same old thing rolled out.

There was an amazing storyline of 3 faeries the Thomas read to us.
    Where are they?? Why aren’t they prizes?

A return to main storyline needs to be planned ASAP to break up the non-stop events.
    We need to open the locket...
    We need resolution to the Betrayal storyline...
    We have the Elven workshop to make items we’ve never used...
    (Can Adimir move in? Make him a main storyline walker and build him a house...)

Also some more castle style buildings would be amazing!
    Haven’t had any of those in ages.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tigarlilyvol View Post
    Check post 131, one wall is the prize. Guess we were all on the naughty list this year.
    Thank you Tigerlilyvol! As for the naughty list, S8 might end up on some folks naughty/____ (fill in the blanks lol) lists. *smile*
    S8 ID is Medhba. I play Castle Story daily.
    Feel free to add me.
    I rarely read my wall or visit.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by spyd58 View Post
    After 4 years of playing does seem also to me the magic is gone. Used to anticipate every update eagerly awaiting the start and reading everyone’s progress in forum. Now it seems events are tedious and rewards slim with the ever present pressure to use gems to complete tasks. Using key structures with long timers and low drop rates only serves making players feel pressured to use those gems. Still love the game but wish for the Old Days!
    Me too! Where we go to the tavern to get root beer and go to old Thomas to get his wisdom to go to ivy hut for her to make something that explodes to go the market to get something and so on ..

Rhino Keeper
    2nd collection of red nose, black flagged for purple petals and got 1 wisp essence.

Trudyscandles