Thread: Alicorn question

Rhino Keeper

Alicorn question

I recently purchased my first weekly Alicorn and grew it into adulthood. If you are already at 40 energy or above and you click on it, do you still get 40 energy added even though it puts you above the maximum?

I have noticed that when clicking energy animals, wizard schools or ending an adventure it lets you go above the cap. But when getting the 10 or 15 energy trades it will not.

Trudyscandles

Fashion Designer
    The alicorns will allow you to go over 40 energy, but the trades in the exchange should allow it also. Are you sure there is no energy being added after you collect from the exchange?
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    The alicorns will allow you to go over 40 energy, but the trades in the exchange should allow it also. Are you sure there is no energy being added after you collect from the exchange?
    Positive. I even did it twice to double check!

Trudyscandles

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    Positive. I even did it twice to double check!

Trudyscandles
    Definitely it adds to the energy total.. even if you're over 40 on the energy bar. When I read your question I double checked setting off an energy exchange to make sure everything was as usual. No doubts. Make sure you tap the 'Z' energy symbol if you want to control the addition.. otherwise it'll take a few seconds to add in by itself.

If you're still having problems.. it's best you contact support.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    The exception to go above energy cap is the keep/barracks adventures. Some return an energy "refill" up to max. If you got an energy refill at 1 energy, you'd be at 40. If you got an energy refill at 38, you'd still be at 40. (Most adventures return an exact energy amount, such as 6 energy or 12 energy - and it will in this case go above max.) I'm sure for those who hoard energy, they probably hate the "refill" since they would get 0. Not sure exactly which adventures return a chance for a refill amount... but because of the chance I only collect adventures at 1 or 2 energy, JIC.

Fashion Designer
    If you are already at 40 energy (or more) you will not get the 10 max energy for visiting neighbors.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyoooz View Post
    The exception to go above energy cap is the keep/barracks adventures. Some return an energy "refill" up to max. If you got an energy refill at 1 energy, you'd be at 40. If you got an energy refill at 38, you'd still be at 40. (Most adventures return an exact energy amount, such as 6 energy or 12 energy - and it will in this case go above max.) I'm sure for those who hoard energy, they probably hate the "refill" since they would get 0. Not sure exactly which adventures return a chance for a refill amount... but because of the chance I only collect adventures at 1 or 2 energy, JIC.
    No that's how it used to be years and years ago but you will always get whatever energy drops (from any source) even if you're over the 40 max. I hover around 1000-3000 energy and always get my energy from adventures. Or do you mean something else? This thread is going off topic....