Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard Event: Dec. 14, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Actually you guys did. The plants were giving 10x points but now they're only yielding 2x points without notice. If there weren't any changes then why did that happen? You have to admit, this wasn't fair. To change the event during the event wasn't cool.
    It depends on their definition of "making a change".

It might be that the correcting of a bug isn't considered as making a change. Since the correct scoring was always supposed to be two LB points per hour for the planting-harvesting of food, they would consider this action of theirs as the rectifying of a bug; they did not change the gameplay.

On the other hand, if the original LB points awarded for the planting-harvesting of food had been ten and they had reduced it to two in mid-game, then that would be the alteration of the gameplay and hence considered a change.

As unfair as it might seem, especially to players who have the habit of waiting till the last minutes to pounce on and overtake their opponents, S8 is in their rights to fix this bug. That is why I have repeatedly said that we should never expect gameplay to always be the same. Just because it has always been acting one way for the longest time, that does not mean that it wouldn't change on you when you least expect it to.

Next bug fix? The hatching of the ultra-rare-common dragon on Day Six of the Dragon Tales events.

Farm Supplier
    Changing the way points work on the last day of the event isnt right way to do it. Be prompt with bug fixes or let them stay till the end of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyan7 View Post
    Changing the way points work on the last day of the event isnt right way to do it. Be prompt with bug fixes or let them stay till the end of the event.
    The bugs were there since the start of the new format LB events; was it 3 or 4 months ago? This is about as prompt as they can get. LOL

New Resident
    Be prompt with bug fixes or let them stay till the end of the event.
    Also if it is a bug that make it impossible to reach a goal? Or not possible to play at all? Or it gives us to few points? Or only when it gives to many points?

Banned
    Since this bug has been around a long time what would waiting 3 more days til the end of LB hurt? It doesn't seem like S8 was in any rush to get rid of the annoying pop ups that delayed our play or caused Apple boosts to process painfully slow but as soon as they realized we were getting an abundance of points farming... oh no! They could not let that continue!!

As to correcting the points to match the info page, with their history of tinkering with points to give us at least a chance to get last milestone and with each event giving different amounts, I just assumed they decided 10 was the number this time round and they weren't going to bother updating the info page.

They have been taking shortcuts on other things, like using same icons for mining and battle parts, they don't correct typos in bingo goals so an outdated number in info seems to fit that pattern.

But we players should unfortunately be used to such things by now and just scramble to regroup or shrug it off as yet another event that got messed up and we can't finish as we planned.

But GL to all and Happy, Healthy Holidays

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    It depends on their definition of "making a change".

It might be that the correcting of a bug isn't considered as making a change. Since the correct scoring was always supposed to be two LB points per hour for the planting-harvesting of food, they would consider this action of theirs as the rectifying of a bug; they did not change the gameplay.

On the other hand, if the original LB points awarded for the planting-harvesting of food had been ten and they had reduced it to two in mid-game, then that would be the alteration of the gameplay and hence considered a change.

As unfair as it might seem, especially to players who have the habit of waiting till the last minutes to pounce on and overtake their opponents, S8 is in their rights to fix this bug. That is why I have repeatedly said that we should never expect gameplay to always be the same. Just because it has always been acting one way for the longest time, that does not mean that it wouldn't change on you when you least expect it to.

Next bug fix? The hatching of the ultra-rare-common dragon on Day Six of the Dragon Tales events.
    Well, maybe they don’t consider correcting a bug as making a change but it would be rather difficult to correct the bug without making a change. Since as you and others have pointed out, this particular bug has been around for a while, it is something that they just might have been able to correct in between leaderboard events. That obviously was not done and that is why so many people are complaining. Personally, I can’t remember when we had a leaderboard that was bug free. I’m sure that it has happened but then I have only been playing this game for about 4 and 1/2 years. The thing about the leaderboard and some of the other events is simply that the playing field is not level. That, in my opinion, is not the fault of S8. Some people have more resources that they can utilize than others. Some have large gold stockpiles and some don’t. Some can afford to spend varieng amounts of real money and some can not. A person with little gold or cash available to spend is at a distinct disadvantage in these events. The one thing that person should be able to expect is to play a relatively glitch free game. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Glitches, bugs and errors are the norm
    Last edited by squigglish; 12-20-18 at 12:59 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    Since this bug has been around a long time what would waiting 3 more days til the end of LB hurt? It doesn't seem like S8 was in any rush to get rid of the annoying pop ups that delayed our play or caused Apple boosts to process painfully slow but as soon as they realized we were getting an abundance of points farming... oh no! They could not let that continue!!

As to correcting the points to match the info page, with their history of tinkering with points to give us at least a chance to get last milestone and with each event giving different amounts, I just assumed they decided 10 was the number this time round and they weren't going to bother updating the info page.

They have been taking shortcuts on other things, like using same icons for mining and battle parts, they don't correct typos in bingo goals so an outdated number in info seems to fit that pattern.

But we players should unfortunately be used to such things by now and just scramble to regroup or shrug it off as yet another event that got messed up and we can't finish as we planned.

But GL to all and Happy, Healthy Holidays
    I know. I find it quite unprofessional. I mean, I know it is just a game and so forth, but one would think that they would be professional enough to spell things correctly (like not saying "Win two battles with *YOURN* Olympus type dragons" instead of *YOUR*), use correct icons, etc. I mean, many of us here in the forum write well and don't submit our comments with typos and incorrect spellings, and we're just here for fun. But that is small potatoes in relation to what squigglish said below, which is that "Glitches, bugs and errors are the norm." I, for one, lost out on a ton of LB points today because, even though I bought a boost, and it showed up as I had bought a boost, it didn't give me the double points. I'm just trying to place high enough that I can win some Mystic Maps (I guess I'm one of the few people who still needs them), but I didn't even move up on the LB because I didn't get the double points. It's so aggravating, yet I am so stupid that I keep pumping more cash into this company every week between my two DS accounts, 2 FFS accounts, and some of their matching games. And yet these people make more money than I do, even with all their errors. Ugh!
    I really don't know what happened with this company. It sounds like they were highly successful and profitable for a while, and then in early 2017 they laid off a large portion of their staff with little or no notice, which to me indicates that profits were dropping. Perhaps they are short staffed and that is why they can't keep up with all the bugs and glitches. But it seems like they would have more profit if they had more happy customers. Giving us more expansions or ways to expand more quickly would also make us happier, and it would entice us to buy more animals and more habitats as well, but it seems that they can't quite wrap their heads around that concept yet. (I'm sure this final paragraph will be cut out because it is supposedly "off topic," although it does pertain to the issue of why we have so many bugs and errors that go uncorrected.)

Banned
    What annoys me is the time lag with all these horrid little crowns like novice etc! I have learnt my lesson whilst battling for Bingo tasks as if you try a move and a silly crown pop up happens at the same time, battle over and you have lost, so frustrating!

I visited one of the Global leaders and they are going on about syncing at certain times, what’s that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I, for one, lost out on a ton of LB points today because, even though I bought a boost, and it showed up as I had bought a boost, it didn't give me the double points.
    Did you double check your points? There is an annoying bug with the LB score boosts, (particularly if you buy it within a minute of going into your game when it isn’t refreshed and fully synced), where your purchase “disappears” a few seconds after you buy it.

This is due to a sync error, however, the server apparently catches and records our purchase but for some reason doesn’t return the correct status to our devices. What results is that we see our LB scores not being doubled on our devices, but it is in fact being correctly doubled at the server end. The correct LB points, and even the double points status, would be updated at the next sync or forced restart of the game.

This is annoying and I was absolutely in a rage when it first happened to me, thinking I had lost thousands of points because of a bug, but when I restarted my game then, I realised what had actually occurred and have since observed this happening multiple times.
    Last edited by deadpixel; 12-20-18 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squigglish View Post
    <...snip> Since as you and others have pointed out, this particular bug has been around for a while, it is something that they just might have been able to correct in between leaderboard events. That obviously was not done and that is why so many people are complaining. <...snip>
    What? And ruin a perfectly long Christmas weekend with work? Not likely!

LOL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast