Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard Event: Dec. 14, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Moderators are normal players who volunteer their time and cannot personally address any in-game issues you may be having. We appreciate any activity level they provide, but please note it's not expected nor required that they respond to every post and we should treat them with kindness all year round.

Please allow support time to respond and kindly note that during the holidays, response times may take longer than usual due to the volume of requests received during this time. If you are progression blocked, you are welcome to message me your ticket number.
    Very sorry Elsa I did not mean to offend you. You do a great job. There are only two days left for them to do something about this and it does not look good. Missed heaps of points already.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    Very sorry Elsa I did not mean to offend you. You do a great job. There are only two days left for them to do something about this and it does not look good. Missed heaps of points already.
    None taken, I just wanted to clarify our mods (purple-named forum members) aren't Storm8 employees and can't provide developer services.

Please feel free to message me your ticket number if you still need help with your game.

Quote Originally Posted by leolka View Post
    Why don't they place these "event tools" at the top in the storage instead of a random place in the storage?
    Great 💡 it would make it a lot easier especially for people with a large storage. I have gone through it so many times hoping it will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    None taken, I just wanted to clarify our mods (purple-named forum members) aren't Storm8 employees and can't provide developer services.

Please feel free to message me your ticket number if you still need help with your game.
    Thank you Elsa, where do I find the ticket number?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    Thank you Elsa, where do I find the ticket number?
    When you contact support, they immediately send you an email to notify you that your request was created. Inside the email there should be a ticket number.

Quote Originally Posted by chitown25 View Post
    Someone has 213k already
    Quote Originally Posted by pod5124cra View Post
    The only way I see that as being possible is if they spent lots of money, cause with regular everyday play I?m lucky if I can get to the 12,500.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajicHearts View Post
    These players have more money than sense! I wonder if that is a new player?.?.?....
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    That's what I say too. Paying out the wazoo for pixels is insane and the gold/food/essence takes at least 8 months to pay itself off.
    That player is one of a number of gamers who have teamed up to form a "coalition" determined to have as many people as possible win the first prize.

I'm sure you know that when one or more players share the same score, they also share the same spot on the leaderboard. If you visit their realms and read their walls, you will find them communicating with each other, synchronizing their scores. If you are a newbie, they will reach out to you, via your wall, to explain the way they do things.

The scores are currently crazy high, but as I understand it, their goal is to reduce the total required. The dream of one of the "founding members," of the group, dragonangel05, is for every player to be in first place by only reaching the final milestone score by synchronizing our scoring efforts.

And, by the way, it isn't as expensive a feat as you would think to hit the 200K+ score. Yes, it is silly to be spending this much for a packed bunch of colored pixels, but that is what games of this genre is all about. As it was in the days of Farm Story (the original), so it is now.

Check out this post from the last Leaderboard event by dragonangel05 where she explains the group's intentions ... Click here to go to the post
    Last edited by deadpixel; 12-18-18 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added link to post in DS Game Guide

Quote Originally Posted by leolka View Post
    Why don't they place these "event tools" at the top in the storage instead of a random place in the storage?
    Nooooo! If they did that or even if they just sorted the store alphabetically, it would take away the only challenge left in the game for poor players like me who can't afford to pay to get through the events

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Nooooo! If they did that or even if they just sorted the store alphabetically, it would take away the only challenge left in the game for poor players like me who can't afford to pay to get through the events

LOL
    So funny, but true��������

Banned
    Does everyone's points and crowns and so forth seem to be adding up correctly? I haven't honestly checked the numbers from when I start to when I stop collecting points, but it goes on for at least a couple minutes telling me over and over again that I have "won" or "collected" 25 novice crowns, and x number of other crowns, and it goes through this over and over and over again before it finally tells me how many leaderboard points I got. While it is going, I can't battle or really do anything else. I don't know why it is so repetitive. If anyone can tell me, I'd like to know.

Banned
    It looks like that repetitive recycling of crown information was a programming error (what a surprise) because I just harvested fir apples and get only single crown messages...But I also am getting only 2 Leaderboard points per hour rather than the 10 we were getting at the start of LB.

If they want to fix their errors I applaud that but don't change game parameters in the middle of a game while you fix mistakes. If the LB incorrectly awarded 10 per hour, they should have left it as that and waited for next LB to go back to 2 per hour. Players are counting points to get to milestones, planning what to plant, how much etc and 10 reduced to 2 makes huge difference.

I wonder if S8 even realizes they did anything to Apple farming points when they changed the pop ups recycling....and was that really a fix or an accident by them??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast