Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: The Holiday Season - 2018 Dec 13 (5 Days)

Nightclub Owner
    Some goals will say 'have' an appliance which will auto complete from the inventory if we already own one. But other times it will say 'buy' an appliance or 'build' an appliance which is when we have to purchase or build one to have it count. That's why in the goal write ups I make sure to emphasis the first word in the goal, serve vs. prepare, have vs buy, the wording can change from time to time and doing so changes the entire meaning of the goal. Devil's in the details when it comes to s8 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Why do these 5 day goals come so late at night!
    Haha, it depends on what time zone you're in! 😉

Executive Chef
    I wanted the snow globe. Definitely doing this goal

I was really missing my old fountain... Thanks storm 8 for this goal
    [FONT=][SIZE=][COLOR="#"] MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDA3209 View Post
    Why do I have to BUY A NEW HOLIDAY STOVE when I already have 12 of them???? Can someone please check this out. Doesn?t seem fair
    I also came to the forum to report this issue. Normally, according to the new goals flow, if we already have an appliance, it does get counted towards fulfilling this requirement. And the wording does not matter, “have” “buy” or “build”. Check the “Odd October” goal. The requirement said “Build”, but it did count the ovens that have built long time ago. So, I did not have to build another oven for that goal.

If “build” counts in the appliances that were built prior to the goal, then by the same logic, “buy” should count the appliances that were bought before. Asking us to buy an appiance that we might not need (for example, I already have 10 of them) is a redundancy that can be eliminated to everyone’s benefit. Storm8, could you please fix this step for us, so that the system would count the appliance we already have? Thanks!
    Last edited by mikepastry; 12-14-18 at 08:48 AM.

Executive Chef
    Finaly something woth to play for ....

Executive Chef
    The current wording says "Buy" (which, as always, means you have to finish building it as well to get credit). "Have" and "build" count earlier appliances, buy doesn't.

And really, it's $28K and 15 parts, which you can get in a day even if you hadn't had any of them before. The goals also make you repeat recipes you may already have mastered, and the 2-week goals sometimes make you buy decor you might not want, or tip people even if you don't normally tip. That's just how goals work.

Personally, I like this goal. Good final prize, which I already have but I think others deserve it, and I like the new recipes!

Farm Supplier
    The globe is cute. It's nice to see the "Chewy Snowflakes" carried over from Bakery Story! Those are so cute, and I've been making them like crazy in BS (where they're called "Too Cold" - 3 Bears Oven).
    However, the Sticky Pudding looks a lot like the Plum Pudding...
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by adreamdeferred View Post
    The globe is cute. It's nice to see the "Chewy Snowflakes" carried over from Bakery Story! Those are so cute, and I've been making them like crazy in BS (where they're called "Too Cold" - 3 Bears Oven).
    However, the Sticky Pudding looks a lot like the Plum Pudding...
    I thought it looked like the 5 minute Christmas pudding recipe. I found the recipe when installing a Christmas version

Fashion Designer
    Yes it says buy but if you already have it it is always checked off. So it wouldn?t be fair for someone like me who already has 15 of the oven and have no more appliance spots left to have to pay 90 gems to buy 2 spots for more appliances!! So storm8 please fix this glitch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast