Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: The Holiday Season - 2018 Dec 13 (5 Days)

I am so glad that the snow globe fountain is the final prize. I seen it in a restaurant once and wanted it ever since! I'm glad it's now going to be a new addition to my little spot. Also love the first two steps are only requiring 5 of each recipe and the cook times aren't extremely long!
    Last edited by Jojocl141587; 12-14-18 at 11:23 AM.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chaselance View Post
    Yes it says buy but if you already have it it is always checked off. So it wouldn?t be fair for someone like me who already has 15 of the oven and have no more appliance spots left to have to pay 90 gems to buy 2 spots for more appliances!! So storm8 please fix this glitch
    It's perfectly fair--they are treating every player the exact same. If you already have as many appliances as you have slots, sell one. Then you can buy another to fulfill the goal without spending 2 gems to skip that step, much less the gems to open up slots.

Also, did the artichoke cheese dips always look like that on the counters? I thought this was one of the ovens that served things in pans instead of cute presentations. I'm sure I'm just misremembering, but it would be awesome if I weren't and they were going back and making food look better on the counters while they add new recipes! But I can't believe that is actually true.
    Last edited by twospoons; 12-14-18 at 12:18 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I am so glad that the snow globe fountain is the final prize. I seen it in a restaurant once and wanted it ever since! I'm glad it's now going to be a new addition to my little spot. Also love the first two steps are only requiring 5 of each recipe and the cook times aren't extremely long!
    That is a good point. Only 5 of each food item! And 2 hour cook time is much more forgiving than a 1 hour cook time So, thanks for that Storm8
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    It's perfectly fair--they are treating every player the exact same. If you already have as many appliances as you have slots, sell one. Then you can buy another to fulfill the goal without spending 2 gems to skip that step, much less the gems to open up slots.

Also, did the artichoke cheese dips always look like that on the counters? I thought this was one of the ovens that served things in pans instead of cute presentations. I'm sure I'm just misremembering, but it would be awesome if I weren't and they were going back and making food look better on the counters while they add new recipes! But I can't believe that is actually true.
    It has nothing to do with being fair or not. It has to do with a redundant step that can be eliminated. And a lot of people are trying to make a point about that both in this thread and have tried to bring it up before. We only hope that Storm8 reads our comments and suggestions and will implement the changes to this particular requirement if not for this goal then for the future goals.

?Fair? is when every player comes to the goal with the same amount of resources: 0 appliances, same amount of coins and gems, when the goal prize is something that no one has. However, it is not the case here. Asking people who already have 10-12 of that appliance to buy one more is not going to place them in the equal position with players who started the goal with 0 appliances. Plus, people who already have the fountain might have a different goal (I.e. unlock new recipes) than the ones who never had the fountain before. So, ?fair? does not apply here.
    Last edited by mikepastry; 12-14-18 at 12:50 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    ...snip...

Dug through my RS files and found the original release images for these recipes, so far as I can tell the recipes and their presentation are unaltered:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0004437.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	49131

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Dug through my RS files and found the original release images for these recipes, so far as I can tell the recipes and their presentation are unaltered:
    Oh, well! Good to know I'm not totally off base though, it was just the other recipes that had the pans on the counters. Thanks for looking it up!

And after this, I will not say another word: mikepastry, it's not that I don't see your point. In every other 5-day goal, we haven't had to buy new appliances if we already had them (and I too always have). I get that forcing already equipped players to now buy another is an unnecessary step, but I maintain that it is not an unfair one. They cannot make everyone start this goal from the same place, they made everyone start the game at the same place and after that your choices were your own. As long as the goal requires everyone to complete the same steps, it's fair (saying "have one" to all players is also fair, so it's not like I object to them returning to that in future goals). Which is why I originally wrote: someone (not you) called it unfair, and I did and do disagree.

But if you convince them to change it back, then more power to you. It will make my future 5-day goals easier as well. If they continue with this version though, I really don't care--it doesn't even register as an annoyance, unlike the way only some players get videos for gems, which actually is unfair.

[And now for something truly off topic: I'm worried my post may give people a very mistaken idea of my politics. I am for "unequal treatment" when it is needed to address historical and societal wrongs.]

Shutting up now!

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, well! Good to know I'm not totally off base though, it was just the other recipes that had the pans on the counters. Thanks for looking it up!

And after this, I will not say another word: mikepastry, it's not that I don't see your point. In every other 5-day goal, we haven't had to buy new appliances if we already had them (and I too always have). I get that forcing already equipped players to now buy another is an unnecessary step, but I maintain that it is not an unfair one. They cannot make everyone start this goal from the same place, they made everyone start the game at the same place and after that your choices were your own. As long as the goal requires everyone to complete the same steps, it's fair (saying "have one" to all players is also fair, so it's not like I object to them returning to that in future goals). Which is why I originally wrote: someone (not you) called it unfair, and I did and do disagree.

But if you convince them to change it back, then more power to you. It will make my future 5-day goals easier as well. If they continue with this version though, I really don't care--it doesn't even register as an annoyance, unlike the way only some players get videos for gems, which actually is unfair.

[And now for something truly off topic: I'm worried my post may give people a very mistaken idea of my politics. I am for "unequal treatment" when it is needed to address historical and societal wrongs.]

Shutting up now!
    Not arguing with you, since I see from your last message above that we agree on many points. But I just don?t understand how defending the logic (no matter what it is in your opinion) behind this unnecessary step helps make this game better. You must understand that by criticizing this step, we (those who agree with me) want to bring this issue to Storm8?s attention in hopes that the developers at least will look into that and maybe decide that they could throw in the change for all of us. I still hope Storm8 reads posts in this forum! Thanks in advance for looking into this one for us!

Executive Chef
    I know I said I was done, but this one's important:

mikepastry, you are right, and I am sorry. It is absolutely not my place to police people's feelings. Thank you for the calm conversation.

Fashion Designer
    One might argue that letting some players move forward without buying an appliance while forcing others to buy an appliance would be unfair.

“Fair” means everyone is treated equally. Anything other than that is unfair.

If you cannot buy an appliance because you have too many, sell one.

New Resident
    Can someone help me for some reason the holiday goal has not showed up on my game but it's on my friends

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast