Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neo Sugar Plum Tournament 12/07

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I ask myself that question every tournament. When I started playing Dragon Story 2 or 3 years ago I thought - naively as it turned out - that if one built up a team of top class fighters then tournaments would become easier. Not to be. Despite hundreds of thousands of apples grown over many many months fed to my Super and Ultra Rare dragons and even though I use the colour charts and work out the odds I too go through each tournament with strings of defeats by often low level opponents. I understand your frustration. It makes a nonsense of my strategy. Last tournament I got to Round 29 but 8 defeats saw my time run out. If it had been Rd 30 I may have resorted to spending the 30 gold but no point in Rd 29 unless I was prepared to spend 60. I have hardly played since then - even Bingo - dropping to Silver and shortly to copper. It just gets so boring. Current practice of using same format month after month is also boring. With such a strong emphasis on forcing us to go for monthly dragons chosen by the developers we have little time to try for the dragons WE want. Indeed it’s been months since I acquired a NEW Dragon outside the chosen monthly category so I’ve decided to opt out of Tales and Community Events as well. I’m finding it more enjoyable to play MY game without the stress of going for dragons I don’t want. I’m about to upgrade mi IPad so if like my last upgrade I lose my game and I’m forced to go back to the start the choice will be made for me. Mind you Moderators did try to get it back last time but couldn’t.
    Perhaps after a few weeks/months away my enthusiasm may return but I’m not holding my breath. Indeed if anyone can suggest a new game I’d be glad to hear about it.
    Yes, I agree completely with you. It used to be a much more enjoyable game.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostiemom View Post
    My single element dragons are also useless in battle.
    That's sad to hear. Honestly, I really think everyone has their own group of "champion dragons", but it varies from one another (e.g. my group of champion dragons are my single element commons dragons, and for others its their diamond and champion ones). You just have to find yours yet. But don't lose hope! I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out soon. You can do this!!! Don't give up!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    1. Brazil 3 < Fire 15 B
    2. Cinder Fyre 4 < Dark 15 bM
    3. Blast 5 < Water 15 B
    4. Papa 6 < Dark 15 mB
    5. Achilles 7 < Dark 15 M
    6. Strength 8 < Forest 15 mB
    7. Award 9 < Fire 15 B
    8. Patriotic 10 < Magic 15 M
    9. Apprentice 11 < Olympus 8 bM
    10. Omega Light Mother 12 < Air 15 M
    11. Dark Prime Chrono 13 < Forest 15 bM
    12. Ridgeback 14 < Water 15 B
    13. Hera 15 < Fire 15 bM
    14. Skeletal Knight 16 < Air 15 M
    15. Diamond Horn 17 < Forest 15 B
    16. Mama 18 < Dark 15 B
    17. Dueler 19 < Dark 15 B (Air 15)
    18. Neo Witch 20 < Forest 15 B
    19. Neo Air 16 < Dark 15 B
    20. Nordic 17 < Magic 15 mB
    21. Gilded Knight 17 < Forest 15 Bb
    22. Breakup 17 < Fire 15 bM
    23. White Gold 18 < Air 15 M
    24. Moon Petal 18 < Water 15 B
    25. Overgrowth 18 < Water 15 bM
    26. Centurion 19 < Dark 15 bM
    27. Drama 19 < Magic 15 B
    28. Drake 19 < Air 15 bM
    29. Aquarknight 20 < Dark 15 B
    30. Neo Sugar Plum 20 < Magic 15 bM
    Attachment 49062
    Attachment 49063

Only 1 loss in the tournament is a record for me in 30 round tourneys. All dragons beat by single element common dragons - it is possible to do.
    Congratulations, skyharbor! That's an achievement right there! I can't even remember the time I only had a single loss in a 30-round tourney. Haha. Anyway, great job as always!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ozigal View Post
    I am using IOS too and my results of loosing are pretty similar to Nuicakes. I read some of the results and also wonder how some glide through with minimal losses, the other thing is I have no luck with single Element commons, for me they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostiemom View Post
    My single element dragons are also useless in battle.
    Hmmm.... my Fire 15 is fantastic and routinely beats pure champs. (Wave to skyharbor for the tip). My Forest 15 and Air 15 don't win as often but have done awesome when you consider how relatively cheap they are to breed and level up.

Other single elements:
    * I recently leveled Water to 15 and haven't tried him yet.
    * Magic is level 13 but I haven't tried him yet either.
    * Virtue level 11 has won a couple of times but I usually use Passion when I want the pink element.
    * I don't use Night because I have other higher level black dragons.
    ~~~~~~
    Dragon Story, Castle Story: ​Nuicakes
    Playing on an iPad Pro 11" with 4 GB RAM, 512 GB storage, A10X Fusion cpu and using 5 GHz wifi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngenius View Post
    Congratulations, skyharbor! That's an achievement right there! I can't even remember the time I only had a single loss in a 30-round tourney. Haha. Anyway, great job as always!
    Thanks glenngenius and congratulations to you on another tournament well done with single element common dragons. Your game must be programmed the same as mine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    Hmmm.... my Fire 15 is fantastic and routinely beats pure champs. (Wave to skyharbor for the tip). My Forest 15 and Air 15 don't win as often but have done awesome when you consider how relatively cheap they are to breed and level up.

Other single elements:
    * I recently leveled Water to 15 and haven't tried him yet.
    * Magic is level 13 but I haven't tried him yet either.
    * Virtue level 11 has won a couple of times but I usually use Passion when I want the pink element.
    * I don't use Night because I have other higher level black dragons.
    Wave right back to you Nuicakes! I'm glad that the high level Fire is working for you. Bastiaan_O used to be on the forums and I used to see how they used all level 15 commons to win all the matches. At the time, I had no high level commons and my diamonds would get beat up by champs all the time and I said to myself, star, why don't you raise your commons. Lo and behold, they made tournaments easier for me.

New Resident
    Oh wow.. After many many losses against Centurion dragon, I finally beat it with Spellspine! Thank you for the tip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123