Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/6: Gingerbread Genealogy event | *goals on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post

--------------
    Listen up s8, this is meant to be a Holiday Event! To me, holiday events should be better than regular events, they should be more fun and enjoyable than the regular ones. Holiday events should make us want to sneak away from our loved ones and holiday obligations to log in. We should want to work for prizes that really should be better than average, not just a repeat of things we've done before and recolored buildings we can get anytime. Most importantly, it should be able to be completed in a reasonable manner, with a reasonable amount of time and energy required. Not only is this spoiling Gingerbread for me, it's completely ignoring that most people are busier during the holiday season than at any other time and most have less extra cash to splash out on your game for gems to hurry things along. Is it too much to ask that you take this into consideration and have the events reflect this reality? I so wanted to love this event but unless some changes are made in the drops department I don't think this is one I'll remember fondly, if at all.
    This is very well said.

Executive Chef
    Attachment 49089
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnyfe View Post
    So we need 18 KNIGHT cookies or SNOWMAN cookies for the final price?
    Opps sent wrong pic one knight cookie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    That's interesting that we craft the walker. I guess that means that the stacked gingerbread man is a prize for completing the last goal which is how they limit us to just one of them - seeing how they are valuable because of their possible permit and trade ticket drops.
    We're not sure as no reports have come in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    Pumpkin cottages also spawn the Gingerbread Stack.

I'm finding that it can take up to 4 cottages to spawn a Stack while it takes up to 7 farmhouses to spawn the Gingerbread Man.

I love the look of the snow covered trees. I'm planning on leaving 10 of them out after the event with one chop left each. If I can spare the space I'll leave them up through the winter and then chop them down during a Weekday Warrior event. They should count towards the goal of clearing foliage.
    You can buy them and keep some in your inventory.. but you have to store them immediately so they become storable. After that you can take them out as you wish. I don't think they'll have future wood supply use as the last ones were nulled.. but cool for decos. I love them too.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I had to SELL 2 Farmhouses in order to build 1 Cottage!!!

If I had them already, that means my limit was ok... so why instructions to sell 2 for 1???
    There's only one explanation.. the Gingerbread Cottage I placed, counts in our Town House limits. So why say they are 'special' items?

I don't trust these Special Seasonal Buildings.. as experience has taught me when they are needed they don't always count as the old normal ones. They ALWAYS have to get a fix before spawning normally.. thus loosing 2 days of play as it's weekends when we realize. NOT NICE!

Items gained during events are 'Special Items' and should NOT count in our normal cap limit. They should be added just like any of the other event buildings we are offered.

On top of all.. THEY CAN'T BE SOLD!!! ...so you'll never be able to replace them with the good old reliable buildings, when in need. I still have a Haunted Cottage from years ago I keep for deco use. That CAN be sold, so why not the Gingerbread ones too?

Surely I WON'T be making/nor buying more than 1 of the Gingerbread Farmhouses or Cottages for this reason! I was preparing to do so, as we can, but it would be creating a barrier in my own kingdom.
    Every single point is valid! Why can't we sell these 'special' buildings, S8??!? When January rolls around, I would like to do just that to build more regular farmhouses &/or cottages.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Nightclub Owner
    I had to SELL 2 Farmhouses in order to build 1 Cottage!!!

If I had them already, that means my limit was ok... so why instructions to sell 2 for 1???
    There's only one explanation.. the Gingerbread Cottage I placed, counts in our Town House limits. So why say they are 'special' items?

I don't trust these Special Seasonal Buildings.. as experience has taught me when they are needed they don't always count as the old normal ones. They ALWAYS have to get a fix before spawning normally.. thus loosing 2 days of play as it's weekends when we realize. NOT NICE!

Items gained during events are 'Special Items' and should NOT count in our normal cap limit. They should be added just like any of the other event buildings we are offered.

On top of all.. THEY CAN'T BE SOLD!!! ...so you'll never be able to replace them with the good old reliable buildings, when in need. I still have a Haunted Cottage from years ago I keep for deco use. That CAN be sold, so why not the Gingerbread ones too?

Surely I WON'T be making/nor buying more than 1 of the Gingerbread Farmhouses or Cottages for this reason! I was preparing to do so, as we can, but it would be creating a barrier in my own kingdom.

And so this is why I'm happy I skipped out on this event early. Why can't the buildings be sold? And why should they count towards the limit if they can't be sold?

Rhino Keeper
    Well it finally happened, I don’t have the resources to keep up with demand. I need more glimmer dust and it just is not available. I don’t have the spare energy to run through a bunch of mushrooms (by which I have tried and suddenly they are refusing to drop). This event is stress inducing at an already stressful time of year.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    [/B]

And so this is why I'm happy I skipped out on this event early. Why can't the buildings be sold? And why should they count towards the limit if they can't be sold?
    There's no need to make them unsellable, we can sell even our Castle if we wish. As we see they fall into the Town Buildings category, they should be sellable so we can interchange if we wish, just like all the others of this type.
    Let's hope we'll receive a fix.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer

On top of all.. THEY CAN'T BE SOLD!!! ...so you'll never be able to replace them with the good old reliable buildings, when in need.
    Personally I don't care if they can't be sold. I build to last LOL.
    If they remove this senseless limit for buildings (and deco) all problems will be solved.
    Or... at least don't count stored buildings, S8. Why do you care what's in my storage if I don't use it?

Rhino Keeper
    This event is disheartening to say the least...I've got the idea I'm waaaaay behind on everyone else. I still need 6 coockies for my first farmhouse and I still have to chop about 150 trees total. In my second kingdom I need 9 more cookies for the farmhouse. And tomorrow I won't have time to play, so another day missed.

I'm plodding along, hoping to get at least some steeds and the farmhouse, maybe the cottage. I think I have to prepare for the worst.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bumbleebeeville View Post
    ?We should have a fireplace or something that we could craft surprise gifts in the meantime just by donating the extra wood! I feel guilty when I'm continously flagged down?

So not sure where the original quote is for this but I love the idea. I am maxed on wheels, beams and almost glue. Would love a way to get rid of wood for random stuff.
    Or just be able to sell all items in inventory if we wanted. And the ability to sell directly from inventory with a confirm button. Oh well, as they used to say when horses were the main mode of travel, "if wishes were horses!" 😄