Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/6: Gingerbread Genealogy event | *goals on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    Normally I think that having a lot of major drops (permits, trade tickets) would unbalance the game. Up until spring we didn't have much in the way of permit/ticket droppers, but now people want and expect them every time.
    But this event took MASSIVE amounts of energy even making just 1 of each deco per the steps. ALL of my lower-level neighbors dropped out, not even knowing how much worse it was going to get.

The people who stuck with it and put in the time, gathering random gumdrops etc, deserve something major for their energy expenses.

I would like for a celebration event to be something minor, just a cute deco with NO DROPS, that newbies could finish in 3 days and advanced players finish in a few hours. Advertise it as an easy and quick event.

-----------------

If I was a developer, I would be releasing these new expansion squares just to give you 5+ year players something to do, a goal, lol. New players are never gonna get there. Maybe they'll add some more main storyline, like Search for Sabina, for the high level players. But there's no point in a mad rush to unlock all of these squares, in my opinion. I think ShibuyaCloth calculated that the previous expansion release was going to take a few months to acquire.

I recently heard something a game developer posted in 2011. "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game." I played a game for 8 years until it deteriorated to constant grinding. People were watching movies to entertain themselves while "playing." When I found myself playing minesweeper to pass the time, I realized, "I'm no longer enjoying my main game. It's become work, and I'm not getting paid for it. Why do it at all?"

I advise people to just play the game and enjoy the journey.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Passera View Post
    Have everything I need except for the drops from the steeds I need seven more was eight but my last collection yielded one drop!! Zigzag technique did absolutely nothing for me
    try doing normal collection again? switch around, it may help.
    we can make 3 collections per day for sure.. 4 if we're light sleepers. if you don't miss any collections you can make it. this morning I got 3 with normal collecting.. they're still there.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Got my first trade ticket from my gingerbread stack today. I think it was my 6th collection. The real showstopper was my dark unicorn dropped 3 trade tickets!! Yay me, lol!

It takes so little to make me happy.

Trudyscandles

Rhino Keeper
    @Lavenderdale

I really liked your post, something to think about.

A number of years back I was excited when I got a prize with a chance to drop red petals, which otherwise required gem purchase. Now I am always maxed on nearly everything, and am only interested in gems, high-yield energy and expansion material. If I received a prize that guaranteed expansion permissions, I would probably get all plots opened before too long. It is difficult to keep a game interesting

Executive Chef
    I just finished. This event definitely took a lot of energy. This is the longest it has taken me to get to a place in an event where I can concentrate on my kingdom while waiting for drops.

I wasn't able to do that until Sunday morning when I had made the 18 snowman cookies.

Farm Supplier
    I have finished the quest but where is my gingerbread stack ? Please help

Fashion Designer
    Whoa I just got an expansion permit from the gingerbread man (150 gem one). I already bought 3 stacks (to make 4 total) but if the gingerbread man is better then I’ll go buy some more. Anyone else got good drops that you wanna share? Thanks mucho!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by janleigh View Post
    I have finished the quest but where is my gingerbread stack ? Please help
    Did you try force closing and check in your storage?

Farm Supplier
    Do the stacks that you can buy look and function any differently than the stack that we get when we're done??! I'm confused at the difference and why I would buy these.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beachinhawaii View Post
    Do the stacks that you can buy look and function any differently than the stack that we get when we're done??! I'm confused at the difference and why I would buy these.
    They're offered not only to players who haven't been able to finish the event, but also to those who would like to have more than one due to the permit and ticket drops. The Gingerman is different as he looks like the walker, but is instead animated and has drops. Both seem to have the same drops as we can see on the back of the inventory card in the Market.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74