Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/6: Gingerbread Genealogy event | *goals on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    I am distressed by the amount of energy and random drops in this event, too. But if a 14 day event could be finished in 3 days, players would be bored. The other way to stretch an event is dear old Ivy, who was the recipient of our ire all summer. We found out how good we'd had it with Ivy's guaranteed drops, when the troll camp came out with random drops.

Shall we all promise to be uncomplaining if they'll bring back Ivy and guaranteed drops to be the event progress control? I know I would, lol.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

OK random comment. Every time I collect gumdrops or think of collecting gumdrops from the horses for this event, the scene in Shrek goes through my head “not the gum drop buttons” and “Do you know the muffin man? The muffin Man? .....”

Quote Originally Posted by 04966 View Post
    Ok feeling REALLY disappointed storm8. 40 sword drops required from enemies that may (or more likely in my case) may not appear from cottages which are only available every 4 hours? I?ve used gems with NO success. Not to mention it takes ALL of 20 energy (nearly zero double hits) to take them down? And after I do they drop one sword. ONE SWORD! I have made multiple purchases on your game. You?ve now made me sorely regret them. Come on. Make this game worth playing. I agree with other loyal players- where is your Christmas spirit? Please do right by your customers.
    three battles using almost 60 energy = 4 swords. Wow!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bumbleebeeville View Post
    OK random comment. Every time I collect gumdrops or think of collecting gumdrops from the horses for this event, the scene in Shrek goes through my head “not the gum drop buttons” and “Do you know the muffin man? The muffin Man? .....”
    I've been hearing "Not the gum drop buttons!" in my head ever since I started fighting the gingerbread men for their buttons a few goal steps ago.

Farm Supplier
    So we need 18 KNIGHT cookies or SNOWMAN cookies for the final price?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    1 knight and 18 snowman.

Rhino Keeper
    I have to post a mini celebration. I just got done baking all the cookies for the cottage, I only need 4 more gumdrops and then I can make the cottage.

One of my pastel Ali's gave me a 50 energy drop this morning!

Still nine days left to this event and I'm actually worried I might not make it to the finish! Need 18 more snowman cookies now. These events take so much time and energy, and the worrying that you might not be able to finish and get the end prize on top of all that! Now I remember why I took a break from the last few events. A game is supposed to be fun and entertaining, not full of stress!!

Good luck all!
    Trudy

Executive Chef
    I had to SELL 2 Farmhouses in order to build 1 Cottage!!!

If I had them already, that means my limit was ok... so why instructions to sell 2 for 1???
    There's only one explanation.. the Gingerbread Cottage I placed, counts in our Town House limits. So why say they are 'special' items?

I don't trust these Special Seasonal Buildings.. as experience has taught me when they are needed they don't always count as the old normal ones. They ALWAYS have to get a fix before spawning normally.. thus loosing 2 days of play as it's weekends when we realize. NOT NICE!

Items gained during events are 'Special Items' and should NOT count in our normal cap limit. They should be added just like any of the other event buildings we are offered.

On top of all.. THEY CAN'T BE SOLD!!! ...so you'll never be able to replace them with the good old reliable buildings, when in need. I still have a Haunted Cottage from years ago I keep for deco use. That CAN be sold, so why not the Gingerbread ones too?

Surely I WON'T be making/nor buying more than 1 of the Gingerbread Farmhouses or Cottages for this reason! I was preparing to do so, as we can, but it would be creating a barrier in my own kingdom.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Thank you SW.
    This Event is steep and energy consuming, but I'm finding it different and interesting.
    I saw the Ginger Stack in nbrs kingdom.. it's a fixed figure with slight animated movements.
    So the single Ginger Man we have to craft in the Magic Forge is the walker.

Attachment 49073 Attachment 49074
    That's interesting that we craft the walker. I guess that means that the stacked gingerbread man is a prize for completing the last goal which is how they limit us to just one of them - seeing how they are valuable because of their possible permit and trade ticket drops.

Fashion Designer
    Pumpkin cottages also spawn the Gingerbread Stack.

I'm finding that it can take up to 4 cottages to spawn a Stack while it takes up to 7 farmhouses to spawn the Gingerbread Man.

I love the look of the snow covered trees. I'm planning on leaving 10 of them out after the event with one chop left each. If I can spare the space I'll leave them up through the winter and then chop them down during a Weekday Warrior event. They should count towards the goal of clearing foliage.