• Q4. Winter Presents

22 40.00%
  • Q5. I like this update

16 29.09%
  • Q5. I didn't like this update

15 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Noodle House, Boilers & Limited Time Quest - 2018 Nov 27 (POLL ADDED)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    I am really hoping the leaderboard doesn't have a pet I can't do without...
    Please don't say that...the last thing I need to worry about is another leaderboard event

Executive Chef
    This event started off well enough, but the ending was not so enjoyable. The scramble to collect enough Parmesan Cheese was extraordinarily difficult with drops being appallingly limited. I was only able to finish and win the Yeti by breaking down and purchasing the package...I just needed 5 Spaghetti, so it fit my needs rather well. Still...

I am hoping the Noodle House is used regularly. I have been told privately that another player is already receiving train orders for Noodle House recipes, but I have yet to see any. I am hoping that it does not become another Smoke House in which it's there, but there's no use for it because nothing gets requested for any of the different options (plane, train, truck, balloon).

I like that the Sauce Maker now sees another recipe.

I question the idea of rice noodles being used to make ramen. As far as I know, ramen noodles are often made with just flour, or sometimes flour and egg. I can't recall it being made with rice noodles, but I suppose it is possible.

I would like to get the Pepper and Cheese Ravioli restored. Not sure where it went, but I went to the trouble of crafting all those other goods for the "Prepare Your Ravioli" side-quest, so I would very much like to get that prize back (started a thread in the Bugs & Issues forum, just FYI).

Rhino Keeper
    Leaderboard?! No, say it isn’t so......

Rhino Keeper
    I didn’t like this event at all it was way to difficult to get the cheese from the chickens �� I had to many eggs it wasn’t even funny long with the rest of the ingredients you should let buy the ingredients from the market like it started out to be.. Bad move

Fashion Designer
    I put a ton of effort into this goal but could never get enough cheese from the chickens. Pretty much an impossible event with the limited drop rates. Wasn’t able to finish the extra recipe goal either with having to do 20 deliveries a day plus regular train and truck deliveries. Too much time effort to do all these goals. So far I’m zero for two. Hopefully I can win the seal but it will be tough since I started a day late.

This quest was far from enjoyable. Unreliable and appalling drop rates from the chickens rendered it virtually impossible to make the multiple Yeti Spaghetti recipes involving parmesan cheese that each successive goal required. If Storm8 prevents recipe ingredients from being bought and sold in the newspaper the ingredient quantities should be reduced or drop rates should be increased. There is no progress in having NONE or ONE parmesan cheese drop from 12 chickens when a recipe requires 15 such ingredients for multiple goals in which successively larger amounts of dishes are expected to be created! Despite playing regularly, I did not get beyond goal 7 ... the Yeti Spaghetti recipe being the culprit holding up progress. I was also not prepared to purchase multiple "value packs" in order to complete this quest. Please Storm8, make goals more realistic when trading ingredients is excluded. It would also be appreciated if you would present quests with opt in/opt-out options as forced participation is no fun at all (the only way to avoid forced participation is not to play the game for the duration of quests that one does not wish to participate in). I for one will check quest details very carefully in future (even at the risk of starting a day or two late) and will certainly avoid the frustration of participating in quests where ingredients cannot be purchased in the newspaper. I'm sure I'm not the only player who feels this way as I have seen numerous posts in the past along similar lines. Ignoring players' reasonable feedback is all very well, Storm8, but you run the risk of losing players when frustration levels dominate the gaming experience.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-11-18 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Rephrase comment due to forum rules

Fashion Designer
    I liked this event (shocker). It's fairly obvious that the drop rates on the chickens were purposely sparse. I get it, no problem. My take here is that events are not supposed to be gimmes. They're not supposed to be NEW PETS FOR EVERYONE! Which would be nice, but ... while I wanted the Yeti, I ... wanted to EARN the Yeti. I didn't want it given to me. I see pets in this game as a bit of, I dunno, status? Kind of? Not the right word. Perhaps achievements is a better word. I spent months wanting a pet very badly, finally purchased my doggie and was elated. Then I EARNED one, and I was over the moon. Now I've got a ton of them and am wishing I could store some (note to the Stormtoopers, make that the next android update you make, let us store pets!). But I love all of them, and while I get so angry when I want one desperately that I can't get (the beaver ... I'm never gonna get over not having achieved my beaver! I bought one with the Thanksgiving sale), I sort of pick my battles. If there's something I want really badly, I'll spend the $5 and get one. I mean, I get a $5 mocha at Starbucks every single day, if I can spend that, I can spend money for a pet in a game. But I'm not gonna do it all the time, I'm gonna do it when I desperately want it. I didn't want the Yeti badly enough to do it, so ... I ended up JUST finishing level 8 with like 8 minutes to spare.

Ok, all that said, I like the noodle house update. I agree, let's use the thing now!

Another observation is that I think it's a little nutty that we keep getting updates with new buildings, etc., but we have this wackdoodle fish, the Bass, that we can do, literally, nothing with. Fill the random order with it, and that's it. It's the only thing we have on the whole farm that is pointless and goes to nothing. Why? Find a recipe for that, peeps.

I love the present stack a day thing, but 20 orders a day is HARD.

Rhino Keeper
    I started out liking this event. Drops were ok - sometimes slow, sometimes I got lucky. However, once the seal event started, my drops became VERY few and far between - with everything. I did not alter my playtime at all, if anything I started sending even more deliveries to get my 20 deliveries a day for the other event. I could not get passed level 8. Oh well....onto the next event! Congrats to everyone who finished!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by suncatchers View Post
    I started out liking this event. Drops were ok - sometimes slow, sometimes I got lucky. However, once the seal event started, my drops became VERY few and far between - with everything. I did not alter my playtime at all, if anything I started sending even more deliveries to get my 20 deliveries a day for the other event. I could not get passed level 8. Oh well....onto the next event! Congrats to everyone who finished!
    ^^ What s/he said.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    I liked this event (shocker). It's fairly obvious that the drop rates on the chickens were purposely sparse. I get it, no problem. My take here is that events are not supposed to be gimmes. They're not supposed to be NEW PETS FOR EVERYONE! Which would be nice, but ... while I wanted the Yeti, I ... wanted to EARN the Yeti. I didn't want it given to me. I see pets in this game as a bit of, I dunno, status? Kind of? Not the right word. Perhaps achievements is a better word. I spent months wanting a pet very badly, finally purchased my doggie and was elated. Then I EARNED one, and I was over the moon. Now I've got a ton of them and am wishing I could store some (note to the Stormtoopers, make that the next android update you make, let us store pets!). But I love all of them, and while I get so angry when I want one desperately that I can't get (the beaver ... I'm never gonna get over not having achieved my beaver! I bought one with the Thanksgiving sale), I sort of pick my battles. If there's something I want really badly, I'll spend the $5 and get one. I mean, I get a $5 mocha at Starbucks every single day, if I can spend that, I can spend money for a pet in a game. But I'm not gonna do it all the time, I'm gonna do it when I desperately want it. I didn't want the Yeti badly enough to do it, so ... I ended up JUST finishing level 8 with like 8 minutes to spare.

Ok, all that said, I like the noodle house update. I agree, let's use the thing now!

Another observation is that I think it's a little nutty that we keep getting updates with new buildings, etc., but we have this wackdoodle fish, the Bass, that we can do, literally, nothing with. Fill the random order with it, and that's it. It's the only thing we have on the whole farm that is pointless and goes to nothing. Why? Find a recipe for that, peeps.

I love the present stack a day thing, but 20 orders a day is HARD.
    The Bass meant to fill up our space barn, imho. So I keep only 1 or 2 bcs farmers often put it on the newspaper.

Another observation is now there are too many buildings and menus sometimes I craft the wrong menu to send my train order, and lost my precious time limit. Also, my farm is getting full with the permanent buildings and pens.

The prize pets meant to be a mark for some farmers. A mark that they have been fighting really hard during the events, working really hard on their farm everyday, no matter what pet they have. There are some low level farmers who win some good pets while we know that the events were crazy and the pets are not on the sale yet. That's my opinion.
    (The higher the level, the more difficult the challenges).

But for me, I know that I've made it...is those show ponies on my farm. I did not buy them with real money, I collected gems from the train, download the new games, sometimes I'm lucky with the butterfly, and from the pets too.

Maybe some people just buy the show ponies but that's not the case. I get my self one show pony every year (since my second year). I wanted to make it 6 next year. :O

Thank you!