Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: SALE: Black Friday 2018 Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    As with all things S8 we can't ever know for certain but in years past, yes there has always been a Christmas/New Year sale. It's not as big as Black Friday usually but I can recall several times when they would offer a dozen or so larger items at a discount such as the 1st and 2nd place mystery box prizes and past LTOs which is always great.

Again, we can't say for certain if there will or won't be a 40% off gem sale. It's been a mixed bag in years past, sometimes the deeper gem sale lines up with Black Friday, sometimes with Cyber Monday but nothing is absolute. Sorry I can't offer you any definite advice but I will share my personal plan. Since I've already spent the bulk of my saved gems, I've decided to wait until Monday to see if there are any better sales before deciding on any further gem purchases. If only they would let us know ahead of time what they were planning!
    Thank you very much for the information. Another 30% sale today. I just dont want to miss out on the discounted expansions. It was previously 80 for my next expansion (22?25) but now its 60. Having limited amount of money I dont want to buy gems in the 30% sale and then tomorrow its the 40% sale. Yes I wish we knew what was happening too, what sales they have planned. Ugh
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    Magic ovens are like an easy oven, a forever oven and a sonic oven in one appliance. (1 click preparation, food never spoils, baking time reduced by 20%)

Mighty ovens are a forever oven and a sonic oven in one. (food never spoils, baking time reduced by 20%)

Sonic ovens reduce baking time reduced by 20% and don't keep food from spoiling.
    Sorry i feel a bit dumb but iT all seems the same to me, all ovens bake 20% shorter and the food never spoils, so no difference in recipes, just a different look between magic and mighty go and sonic

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    2018 Black Friday Sales Items:

MYSTERY BOXES: EVERY Mystery Box ever released is currently available for 12 Gems (aka 50% off) and this link provides all the known info for each box --> https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ster-Box-Guide

EXPANSIONS: I only have the last few available and it looks as though the gem cost has been cut from 150 to 110 for each expansion.

NOTE: It has been pointed out that the Magic Oven is 200 gems on iOS but only 140 gems on Android.

Attachment 48770

By the way, i paid 60 gems this morning to expand (iOS)

Rhino Keeper
    This, in my opinion, is one of the biggest sales during the last 3-4 years! A found a lot of new (old) items! I only wish there were also GEM DISPENSERS available to purchase! Storm8, could you please bring them back during the next (holiday, xmas, winter?) sale? Thank You!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by isa6jala3 View Post
    Sorry i feel a bit dumb but iT all seems the same to me, all ovens bake 20% shorter and the food never spoils, so no difference in recipes, just a different look between magic and mighty go and sonic
    They basically are the same but with subtle differences.

Sonic: Cuts Cook Times by 20%

Mighty: Cuts Cook Times by 20%, Food Never Spoils

Magic: Cuts Cook Times by 20%, Food Never Spoils, One click recipe prep (after choosing recipe from Cookbook, it immediately starts cooking)

Choosing which gem appliance is best for you all depends on what extras you find most important; some players hate clicking and adore the instant prep whereas others are only interested in the quicker cook times.

Quote Originally Posted by isa6jala3 View Post
    ...By the way, i paid 60 gems this morning to expand (iOS)
    Thanks! I've included this info in the first post. With what I've seen from you and others it seems like all the gem expansions have been discounted by 25%.

While all expansion discounts are nice, I'll admit that I was hoping for a full on 50% off of them and was even hoping we'd see appliance slots discounted by 50% also. Oh well, I guess this just means I've got something new to ask for in the suggestions thread, lol. Maybe they'll incorporate these into the next sale.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 11-25-18 at 10:25 AM.

Banned
    Why?

By the way, i paid 60 gems this morning to expand (iOS)[/QUOTE]

30 minutes to go...oh I am so hoping for a huge Cyber Monday sale!
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwilight99 View Post
    30 minutes to go...oh I am so hoping for a huge Cyber Monday sale!
    Guessing there's no Cyber Monday deals

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    Guessing there's no Cyber Monday deals
    We didn't see these BF sales until the afternoon so I would think if we do get any CM deals they'll show up later as well. Come to think of it, I don't think they've had any sales start at midnight since the whole TL/s8 switcharoo.

So far as I can recall, s8 only operates during their set business hours (unless an emergent situation arises and then only sparingly) and while that is dependable, it's just not as exciting as waiting up to see what sales we were gonna get, is it? Maybe it's just the perpetual kid in me but I used to really, really love those midnight sales!

Executive Chef
    Why am I hoping for Christmas goals tomorrow? I'm thinking they've not added the Santa's Grotto because it might be added to a side goal prize or the December 5 day goal. I really need/want that Grotto!! Please Storm8 unleash the Christmas Goals tomorrow!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast