Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/23: 2018 Black Friday sales information

Executive Chef
    I had 3 of the discount plots open and waiting for the Expansion Permits at the moment time expired. All materials are still there: wisp lanterns and permits that were delivered.
    The coins however, that already had been delivered, 245.000 each, are not checked off anymore and have not been recredited to game's total, thus a missing sum of 735.000.

As all other materials were respectively saved, I would have thought also the coins would have been saved or recredited after timeout.
    Had I know this would happen.. I would have waited to deposit the coins until after all Permits were crafted and delivered.

We tried to open as many plots as we could as the offer was great and appealing, but we were not well-informed on the outcome, being the first time.

However, hoping there will be other offers like this again, so we can move ahead on opening plots as they're extremely expensive and challenging, thus taking months to move ahead even if crafting is continuous.

Thanking s8 for this novelty.. and report that it did create much attention and satisfactions as a couple plots we were able to open.. even if we didn't perfectly understand the procedure. We should have opened 'only one' at a time.

EDIT: see post #305 below
    NO COINS ARE MISSING WHEN CALCULATED AGAINST ORIGINAL PLOT PRICE. OUR PLOTS ARE NOW QUOTED WITH DISCOUNT.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 11-28-18 at 01:13 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I had 3 of the discount plots open and waiting for the Expansion Permits at the moment time expired. All materials are still there: wisp lanterns and permits that were delivered.
    The coins however, that already had been delivered, 245.000 each, are not checked off anymore and have not been recredited to game's total, thus a missing sum of 735.000.
    I paid to all the plots 245 000, now I have only to pay the difference from the original price thus 1 055 000 and 1 105 000 respectively. I use the latest version of the game (2.3), it that helps. So on my side I have no issues and all investments have been properly accrued for.

To illustrate plot H0:
    Initial cost:
    Coord Royal Points Wisp Lantern Enchanted Lantern Coins Expansion Permit Explorers Permit
    H0 2 600 30 1 350 000 6

During the event I paid out all expect 1 permit. Now after the event I have to pay the delta:
    + 3 Lanterns (I paid them out already)
    + 4 Permits (6-2 paid)
    + 1 105 000 coins (1 350 000 - 245 000 = 1 105 000, if my math is correct )

In other words, the game behave as expected.
    Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 11-28-18 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    @ ShibuyaCloth post #296

I see we have different coin totals for the plots? .. or maybe I didn't understand the Table. I'm always confused when talking about plot id's.. lol!

I'll add a screenshot of mine before timeout.

Sorry.. can't upload screenshot at the moment. But I'll figure out with your last post #298. Figures seem the same.

I'm using 2.3 too.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 11-28-18 at 01:00 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've moved about 20 posts from the event thread discussing expansions to this thread if you're looking for your posts....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I paid to all the plots 245 000, now I have only to pay the difference from the original price thus 1 055 000 and 1 105 000 respectively. I use the latest version of the game (2.3), it that helps. So on my side I have no issues and all investments have been properly accrued for.
    OK.. I get it!
    Coins are NOT missing.
    When compared to the original price of the plots.. we have a discount of what we had paid on the plot figure.
    They're not 1350.000 each as on the original plot prices.. but less on the plots I had opened.
    That's: 1055.000, 1105.000, 1105.000 respectively.

NO COINS MISSING when compared to the original map of plots.

Thanks.. you're a genius when it comes to figures.. lol!

Last edited by MoonVillage3; 11-28-18 at 01:16 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Glad to have it cleared up, that coins are not missing.

I still believe that once a requirement has been ticket off, it should stay ticked off, though. When not on sale, I prioritize other plots, but have spent the coins and lanterns on the once on sale believing it counted.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post

I still believe that once a requirement has been ticket off, it should stay ticked off, though. When not on sale, I prioritize other plots, but have spent the coins and lanterns on the once on sale believing it counted.
    I was secretly hoping the same, but knowing how the game functions with the RPs, I believed it would be the same for the other requirements.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post

I agree. I wouldn't have spent the coins or lanterns for two of my unopened plots if I knew it was going to revert back to the normal price. I have several "cheaper" plots to open still. If I had known that all the requirements must be satisfied, then I never would have paid any of the discounted prices. S8 needs to be very clear in the instructions regarding these "sale" prices. As a long-time player, I applaud S8 for this sale, but am disappointed in reverting back to the original price.

Executive Chef
    There was so much confusion with the end of this “Sale Event”.

Originally meant to finish at 6PM , removed early , reinstated til 10PM , finished at 8PM.
    Storm8 please pay attention to the details! Especially because we are all in different time zones.

I really enjoyed the limited discount on expansions!
    Managed to get 5 done!
    (the 5th was at full price as I was waiting on a Wisp Lantern to finish crafting)

There should be more in Castle Story that takes this approach - longterm release with a “discount” if completed in a timed period.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by fitgal1 View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't have spent the coins or lanterns for two of my unopened plots if I knew it was going to revert back to the normal price. I have several "cheaper" plots to open still. If I had known that all the requirements must be satisfied, then I never would have paid any of the discounted prices. S8 needs to be very clear in the instructions regarding these "sale" prices. As a long-time player, I applaud S8 for this sale, but am disappointed in reverting back to the original price.
    Not that I disagree with what you're saying, I'm a player too and look at my interests, but reflecting the whole episode, we opened the plots in the 'hope' they would remain checked-off.. we had no confirm, only hope.

Logically thinking in RL, anything that's on sale, when sales are over.. they revert back to original price. No excuses the day after, even if the intention of buying was mentioned or deposit was made. Sly sellers would have confiscated everything on timeout.. s8 didn't. The amounts were left for our use.

I feel it's completely our fault we opened all the discount plots. We should simply have done one at a time depending on our capability, before moving to the next. One step at a time. Developers couldn't have imagined we'd rush and open all trying to capture and obtain a 'permanent' discount. We tried.. and thankfully we didn't loose everything. Next time we know.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74