Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/23: 2018 Black Friday sales information

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    I am debating alicorns. Already maxed on aquatics which I enjoy. I started playing in march so I have no weekly alicorns. Do the weeklies get occasional windfalls of 100, etc? Because if not, I think the dailues are a better value.

I can buy two weeklies for 600 net, or 3 aquamarines for 200 each, 600 net. From the 2 weeklies I would get 80 energy every 7 days. But from the 3 dailies I will get min 4/day from each, which is 84 every 7 days, plus random chances of windfalls of 20+.

People talk about "saving up" energy, I guess by collecting from their weeklies, but right now I use every scrap of energy every day, and that's with many buildings/items in storage, lol. I see no reason nor avenue to save up? Unless it's someone who takes a break from playing, and just logs in once a week to collect from alis?

I'm debating Ivy and actually getting a Living Wood tree (not on sale.) I used to never need LW but now I'm constantly out of it, lol.

And Ivy ... I sure wish I hadn't just built Cooking Camp. Between Bountiful Table and Ivy, I won't need it at all. GAH!! lol
    The weeklies always drop 40. I agree with your analysis, the dailies (the ones with 4 energy minimum) are a better value. However, it still is a gaming style preference. Would you rather have a ton of energy once a week or a little bit every day?

I’ve gathered a few weeklies along the way and they do make somewhat of a dent during events, but the main engine in my game are the dailies. I think S8 realized that and introduced the 2-energy droppers, who are useless in this context. The big drops are too rare.

If I had 99 white alis I’d be saving energy too, lol. But I’m not in that privileged class. The only scenario beneficial for me would be to save up for the new LB monster hunts. But mostly there’s an event the week before in which I’m engaged.

The Ivy’s kitchen has a 24h timer. A timer I personally despise deeply. Same for the unicorns. A few minutes always creep up daily until it’s too late to collect before work and at that point I usually lose them for the day.

I’m sure your new kitchen will be of use! And good luck with you decisions!

Rhino Keeper
    I am debating alicorns. Already maxed on aquatics which I enjoy. I started playing in march so I have no weekly alicorns. Do the weeklies get occasional windfalls of 100, etc? Because if not, I think the dailues are a better value.

I can buy two weeklies for 600 net, or 3 aquamarines for 200 each, 600 net. From the 2 weeklies I would get 80 energy every 7 days. But from the 3 dailies I will get min 4/day from each, which is 84 every 7 days, plus random chances of windfalls of 20+.

People talk about "saving up" energy, I guess by collecting from their weeklies, but right now I use every scrap of energy every day, and that's with many buildings/items in storage, lol. I see no reason nor avenue to save up? Unless it's someone who takes a break from playing, and just logs in once a week to collect from alis?

I'm debating Ivy and actually getting a Living Wood tree (not on sale.) I used to never need LW but now I'm constantly out of it, lol.

And Ivy ... I sure wish I hadn't just built Cooking Camp. Between Bountiful Table and Ivy, I won't need it at all. GAH!! lol
    Don't forget to take into account the energy you use to collect from the alicorns. With two weekly alicorns - you use 2 energy to get 80 energy whereas 3 daily alicorns you use 21 energy over the week to get 84 energy (but there's a chance of more). So without the chance of more the weekly alicorn is clearly better.

That said, I think getting a small amount more energy is quite common. At least - my two wedding alicorns seem to give 5-7 energy as often as they give 4 energy. Higher amounts of energy are rarer (and over 12 is very rare) but overall I think they're probably averaging out at around 6 energy per collection which makes them definitely better than a weekly.

How often does the troll thief drop golden nuggets? and what is the time collection from it?

Rhino Keeper

Very good point! I think I kind of have to buy the aquatic alicorns! Seems to good to pass up! Also debating on what else to buy!! Lol

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    ... it still is a gaming style preference. Would you rather have a ton of energy once a week or a little bit every day? ...
    Good luck with you decisions!
    Thank you so much for posting all of your reasoning. It's super nice to know other people have asked the same questions and are thinking the same way. I think my play style suits the dailies, as I always have more to do even with many logins a day.

Quote Originally Posted by jesslc41 View Post
    Don't forget to take into account the energy you use to collect from the alicorns. With two weekly alicorns - you use 2 energy to get 80 energy whereas 3 daily alicorns you use 21 energy over the week to get 84 energy (but there's a chance of more). So without the chance of more the weekly alicorn is clearly better.

That said, I think getting a small amount more energy is quite common. At least - my two wedding alicorns seem to give 5-7 energy as often as they give 4 energy. Higher amounts of energy are rarer (and over 12 is very rare) but overall I think they're probably averaging out at around 6 energy per collection which makes them definitely better than a weekly.
    Thanks for your post and the math I neglected. Darn it, I knew there had to be some catch to it, lol. I forgot about the click cost! I should know better! Based on your very good point, I think I'll get at least one weekly so I can feel that difference.

I don't pay attention to the small extras. It's a treat when my 2+ droppers occasionally cough up 4-5, lol. I get a windfall (20 or more) at least once a week from my source pool, which includes 4 aquatics (4+), wedding (4+), candy alicorn (2+), prince+princess (2+), spring steed (2+), and my first MRC daily unicorn (4+ type).

How the heck did you get 2 wedding alicorns, and most importantly, why didn't I think of it?!

Thanks again to both of you. Your posts let me see into your process and both were super helpful!! :-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by karissaceline View Post
    How often does the troll thief drop golden nuggets? and what is the time collection from it?
    collection time is 4hrs.. gold nugget drops are very rare.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    And Ivy ... I sure wish I hadn't just built Cooking Camp. Between Bountiful Table and Ivy, I won't need it at all. GAH!! lol[/QUOTE]

I think you will find it quite useful. I have the two regular kitchens, two winter bakeries, and the cooking camp and all of them are crafting almost all the time. I also have the bountiful and another meal dropping table, forget the name. And the two guard dogs that occasionally drop simple feasts. My keep and the barracks are questing all the time, mostly exploring the dark caves and desert sands. So I?m always making Sweet and Spicy feasts or apple pie, orange cobbler, and lemonade to trade for a gem.

The other table is the Mystery Dinner Table. Same drops as the Bountiful.
    Last edited by DeeDeeBird70; 11-24-18 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added 2nd table name

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    I?m very curious what his animation is. What does he do?
    He just moves up and down a little, like he is breathing.

Also, 2nd red crab collection was coins, 3 mermaid scales, and 3 water again.

Nightclub Owner
    I've got a non-forum friend who bought the Chimera and said the first collection was $225 and 5 energy. I'll report back any other info I'm given, I don't feel strongly enough about it myself to purchase one for full price so it's down to shared info on this one.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    He just moves up and down a little, like he is breathing.

Also, 2nd red crab collection was coins, 3 mermaid scales, and 3 water again.
    I'm thinking he might be like an 8 hour mermaid pond? With the sale you could get two of him for the price of a mermaid pond; if he's a guaranteed drop it's pretty good.