Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you redecorate your bakery?

Red face How often do you redecorate your bakery?

How often do you redesign/remodel/redecorate your bakery?

I do minor changes every few days, and major remodels (most of my bakery changed) maybe once a month. depending on goals too.
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Nightclub Owner
    I remodel once per month, usually based around the seasonal holidays. Right now, I've got a Thanksgiving theme and whenever I find the time over the next week I'll start on my Christmas theme. Though I'll likely wait until after Black Friday because you never know what goodies you'll pick up so it's best to keep your options open.

The thing is, I've got a bazillion decos in my storage from over the years and only a small window of time each year in which to display them. This usually means that when I do my remodels it's a challenge between showing all of my favorite items but making sure not to be too cluttered and distracting.

Christmas is the biggest problem for me, I absolutely adore my decos but they're all so big that it's nearly impossible to fit them all without turning into a Christmas junkyard, lol. If only those reindeer and Santa's Grotto didn't have such big footprints!

Fashion Designer
    I keep a small corner that I change each time I do a goal.

I change for holidays & sometimes for seasons.

Once in a while, if the wind blows just right and the stars line up during a blue moon, I change a section of the bakery just for the heck of it.

If we could move food from one counter to another and/or if we could scroll through the items I might redecorate more often. It?s just such a pain!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I usually remodel about once a month as well - particularly in the October-February period where each remodel usually corresponds to the month's major holiday (January usually gets a straight winter remodel so I can display my Christmas/holiday items and wintry items separately).

Spring and summer are more of wildcards though. If I like a goal theme enough, I'll remodel around that, but I might also keep a design for longer depending on my level of interest/its versatility with different recipes. My bakery generally sees a beach theme for one of the summer months but I feel that's getting a bit repetitive to have every summer
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    LOL Pixie, you've just described my exact yearly remodeling plan for my bakery/restaurant down to separating Christmas items from general wintry ones, hahaha. While the actual look of my monthly remodels differ from year to year, the themes remain constant for most of the months as they coincide with the current holiday/season of real life. There are only a few months that aren't predesignated and during those months I sometimes have been known to remodel twice.

If redecorating on iOS was easier, I'd probably remodel even more but the snap-back after placing removed items is super frustrating that once a month is usually my limit. There are just so many awesome decos they've given us over the years that I want to display and so little time to showcase them!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    If redecorating on iOS was easier, I'd probably remodel even more but the snap-back after placing removed items is super frustrating that once a month is usually my limit. There are just so many awesome decos they've given us over the years that I want to display and so little time to showcase them!
    You should get a cheap android tablet or phone to get the displays out of storage. I borrow my wife’s and it’s so much easier. I just dump everything I need out using android. Then I put them where I want them with my iPad. Then of course use the iPad to do tiles and wallpaper. Tiles take forever on android.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    I used to remodel once per month but now it's like every 2-3 months depending on the season or if I feel like it, when remodeling used to take a couple days now it takes a couple weeks because I'm not happy with the designs.

Spring/Easter, Summer, Christmas, Autumn/HW are my main themes now due to time.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    You should get a cheap android tablet or phone to get the displays out of storage. I borrow my wife’s and it’s so much easier. I just dump everything I need out using android. Then I put them where I want them with my iPad. Then of course use the iPad to do tiles and wallpaper. Tiles take forever on android.
    I do have a Samsung also but my inventory is so extensive that I can only ever about 3/4 of the way through it before the game starts to tell me that my bakery is out of sync. It isn't an issue with the device, there is plenty of everything the game needs to run, it just doesn't like that last bit of my storage, lol. I use the droid for as much of the inventory as I can (which is everything but that last bit of floor decos) and then switch back over to iOS to finish up.

Regardless of how it's divvied up or the method used, after nearly 8 years of playing it takes ages to decide what to show/store and how I want them to be displayed. I dream of a day when s8 revamps the storage; how great would it be to have a tab specifically for goal items or one specifically for mystery box items? A girl can dream!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    I keep a small corner that I change each time I do a goal.

I change for holidays & sometimes for seasons.

Once in a while, if the wind blows just right and the stars line up during a blue moon, I change a section of the bakery just for the heck of it.

If we could move food from one counter to another and/or if we could scroll through the items I might redecorate more often. It?s just such a pain!
    I agree with the catalogue issue. Think they need to revamp it anyway… we need to have stuff grouped together by theme and also, it would be better if you didn’t have to keep recrolling to get back to a decoration that isn’t offered anymore. Pain in my back side, for sure!

I think the catalogue should be more like a book with several lines, and pages. If decorating were easier, I would do it more often.

Fashion Designer
    OMG I totally agree with those who say that it's a pain to redecorate using iOS. I do it seasonally and for holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas but it's such a headache to redecorate when you lose your place in the inventory and have to scroll through to find what you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast