Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armored Alicorn vs. Unicorn vs. Armored Lion

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for that clarification! I was thinking I don't care how much gold it costs. A drop of three permits would be worth any amount of gold! Lol.
    Three trade tickets are good too though...hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Thanks for that clarification! I was thinking I don't care how much gold it costs. A drop of three permits would be worth any amount of gold! Lol.
    Three trade tickets are good too though...hmmm...
    Sorry about the misinformation

But, yeah! Three trade tickets every once or twice a week really helps. That, together with the other decorations and animals that drop trade tickets, and making regular 2-hour trades at the market, allow me to stock up on the permits.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    So I am at a place now where I can craft either a unicorn, armored lion or armored alicorn. I know it all depends on what drops I want, but, if faced with this prospect, which would you go for?
    Funnily enough, I?ve got the same query, but I?m including the Energy Portal in this, I technically don?t need extra energy, sometimes I?m like ?what can I do with it all?, and I did notice that the portal uses up a huge amount of troll tokens to upgrade it to different levels, but it?s something different.

Decisions, decisions.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Nightclub Owner
    Well...I went for the unicorn and may get the armored alicorn next. I'm a couple gold nuggets short for the lion. If I manage to get those nuggets I'll try for the lion during this event.

Thanks all for your guidance on this!

Purplescorpion76 All the best with that decision. That portal is out of the runnings for me BECAUSE of the huge amount of tokens needed to upgrade lol. I had planned on crafting all the buildings first then move on to the animals, but then I saw the animals and that plan went poof! I really do want that cabbage hut though. Maybe next monster hunt...maybe...

Rhino Keeper
    When I had to make a similar decision I went for unicorns first because I figured that the tokens they drop would help me with getting gold tokens faster so the other animals would be easier. And I'm happy with that decision - between the last two hunts my 4 unicorns gave me enough tokens to do 2 gold trades before fighting anything and their extra energy/tokens probably helped me make an extra gold or two during the hunt. Also I have more spellbound dew than I need now too (whereas before it would take ages to accumulate enough for a spellbound beam/block).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    Incredibly helpful, thanks. I did max production of those unicorns first too and it is great. It helps so much w the tokens and I have to work hard to keep up w the spellbound dew.

As a result of the posts here, I WILL craft max number of the armoured lions, just not sure yet before or after armoured direwolf as the energy helps so much in events. I wasn't going to make any of the lions before, so this thread has been very influential. Thanks again!!! : )
    It all depends what you're heading for: tokens? tickets? energy? then you craft what's needed.
    The Unicorns - for the out of season troll token drops.. and spellbound dew, energy.
    The Armored Lions - at the moment are good ticket droppers as they drop 3, maybe on a weekly basis. If you have all 4.. you have a good secondary supply.
    The Armored Alicorns - are good for energy, swords, armor.

It's a personal choice as to what your kingdom needs most at that moment.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wishtheywerereal View Post
    It seems you might know - could you please say if the armoured alicorns are daily ones, with 3-12 energy and a v v v rare chance of 100?? Or are they a crafted weekly?
    ...just answered my own query by checking the inventory list kindly updated by SpiritWind. A daily. : )
    Yes they're daily with energy drops you mentioned and also.. others drops swords etc which would be listed in the Hub. They're one of the first I crafted in the MCR and happy to have all 4. They're one of the higher class Daily Alis.. compared to the later ones eg. Pastel or Aquamarine and well worth crafting.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    It all depends what you're heading for: tokens? tickets? energy? then you craft what's needed.
    The Unicorns - for the out of season troll token drops.. and spellbound dew, energy.
    The Armored Lions - at the moment are good ticket droppers as they drop 3, maybe on a weekly basis. If you have all 4.. you have a good secondary supply.
    The Armored Alicorns - are good for energy, swords, armor.

It's a personal choice as to what your kingdom needs most at that moment.
    This is a great summary. Many thanks Moon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12