Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brave Tournament (Arcane, red, yellow) 11/13/18

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodryMaelwaedd View Post
    Personally i don't believe that. Don't forget we're talking about odds here. Odds only are correct in the long run, so a gut pick can work, but is statistically never better than going for the dragons with the highest percentages.
    While that may be true for a lot of players, it doesn't work for some. For example, Diamonds are supposed to have the highest chance against champions but they don't work for me on a consistent basis. Most of the time I use single element commons with the lower chances and they work for me all the time. All in all, the percentage system, to me, is a blanket strategy that does work for most but not for some.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Sometimes I post screenshots of the victories versus champions because, A: I think those shots may help others, B: I've actually been accused of being on S8 staff when I'm just a normal player like all of you and C: I've also been accused of lying about my results - for that, why would I waste the time to post lies, SMH.
    I truly love the tournaments. I think they're the best part of this game and they're fun. Yes, they frustrated me in the past but I leveled up my fighters and thought outside the box when battling and both helped me a great deal. Now I go into every tournament confident that I will win the prize dragon.
    I want to send a big kudos to Random59, glenngenius, Nuicakes, Sipland, and radionik for posting results when the veterans abandoned the tournament threads. I also want to thank the new players who post their results as well. Hopefully we'll get more players to do that because it is a big help to others.
    Aww, thanks skyharbor. I think you're awesome to keep helping everyone.

It's silly for people to question players who are trying to help everyone.

1- If you were from S8, wouldn't it be better to post massive losses (like my stats) to show that tournaments can be won regardless of numerous losses?

2- And lying about your results is just nuts. I'm sure you've got better ways to spend your time... this isn't an online game with prizes or bragging rights.
    Last edited by Nuicakes; 11-16-18 at 03:53 PM. Reason: because paragraph breaks are helpful

Fashion Designer
    While that may be true for a lot of players, it doesn't work for some. For example, Diamonds are supposed to have the highest chance against champions but they don't work for me on a consistent basis. Most of the time I use single element commons with the lower chances and they work for me all the time. All in all, the percentage system, to me, is a blanket strategy that does work for most but not for some.
    One of the reasons I continue to post my results is because everyone's game is different. In my game, Diamonds work really well for me, Dark is horrible and the percentage system is okay for lower level opponents. Most of the time my winning dragon doesn't have the best percentage and is rarely level 15.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    28 Losses in red

1. Green Thumb 3 - Rex 9
    2. Aboriginal 4 - Music 10
    3. Cancer 5 - Red Giant 10
    4. Taurus 6 - Neo Cosmic 10
    5. Sugar Plum 7 - Jade 10
    6. Battlecaster 8 - Fire 15
    7. Gossamer 9 - Quetzal 11
    8. Dame of Darkness 10 - Archon 10
    9. Summer 11 - Thunder Topaz 10
    10. Sentinel 12 - Dark 13*. (Forest 15, Air 15)
    11. Nomad 13 - Protector 10
    12. Virgo 14 - Neo Meteor 13
    13. Lunar Horse 15 - Hula 12
    14. Valkyrie 16 - Smitten 14. (Passion 15, Air 15, Diamond 15, Fire 15)
    15. Chrome 17 - Supreme 10
    16. Winter 18 - Double Rainbow 11. (Spirit Crystal 10, Fortune Teller 14)
    17. Huntress 19 - Gold 10
    18. Crown Jewel 20 - Unicorn 10. (Angel 10)
    19. Ladybug 16 - Adrift Princess 10. (Sparkler 10)
    20. Giftwrap 17 - Egyptian 11. (Tombstone 10)
    21. Cleric 17 - Diamond 15. (Anubis 10, Egyptian 11, Magic 14, Achilles 15, Dark Omen 14)
    22. Peppermint 17 - Egyptian 11. (Tropic Tide 10)
    23. Dreamweaver 18 - Supreme 10
    24. Deadwood 18 - Glasswing 11. (Double Rainbow 11, Stellar Aurora 10)
    25. Gilded 18 - Omega Light Mother 10
    26. Alpha Dark One 19 - Unruly 13. (Water 15, Diamond 15)
    27. Tricorn 19 - Mithril 15. (Tourmaline 10, Snap 10, Neo Gemini 10)
    28. Past 19 - Mummy 12. (Neo Glasswing 12, Gentle Knight 13)
    29. Battlemage 20 - Diamond 15. (Air 15)
    30. Brave 20 - Tribal 10. (Hula 12)

* First win EVER for Dark!

yay!

Fashion Designer
    Sometimes I post screenshots of the victories versus champions because, A: I think those shots may help others, B: I've actually been accused of being on S8 staff when I'm just a normal player like all of you and C: I've also been accused of lying about my results - for that, why would I waste the time to post lies, SMH.
    I truly love the tournaments. I think they're the best part of this game and they're fun. Yes, they frustrated me in the past but I leveled up my fighters and thought outside the box when battling and both helped me a great deal. Now I go into every tournament confident that I will win the prize dragon.
    I want to send a big kudos to Random59, glenngenius, Nuicakes, Sipland, and radionik for posting results when the veterans abandoned the tournament threads. I also want to thank the new players who post their results as well. Hopefully we'll get more players to do that because it is a big help to others.
    Thanks to you, too!

Fashion Designer
    Darn. I'm stuck with Alpha Dark One. Ugh. Before this round I only had one loss. Now, my nightmare's happening just like the previous tourney. 8 losses and counting so far...

Edit: FINALLY! 9th try! Defeated this round with Light (14)!!!
    Last edited by glenngenius; 11-16-18 at 09:14 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuicakes View Post
    yay!
    Congratulations!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    I have tried all the suggestions plus many more. What gives with Huntress!!
    In this case (Champ-color) usually attack other color: Air, Magic, Rainbow or Diamond and combos against Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by glenngenius View Post
    Darn. I'm stuck with Alpha Dark One. Ugh. Before this round I only had one loss. Now, my nightmare's happening just like the previous tourney. 8 losses and counting so far...

Edit: FINALLY! 9th try! Defeated this round with Light (14)!!!
    Was the same situation. My record ever was 16 losses in one battle
    ID: rado_nik
    lvl 200 in Dragon Story - look for one neighbor to change gold every day
    lvl 198 in Fantasy Forest Story-do not play this buggy game for now

Rhino Keeper
    26. Alpha Dark One - Cleric 15
    27. Tricorn - Mithril 15
    28. Past - Glasswing 15
    29. Battlemage - Diamond 15
    30. Brave - Tribal 13

Good luck for all who are still battling and thanks again skyharbor for your help. You are the best.

Fashion Designer
    RhodryMaelwaedd is correct: the percentages are accurate in the long run. Just because a roulette wheel lands on red 20 times in a row does not change the fact that the odds of landing on red are 50%. All it proves is that 20 spins is way too small a number of results to be anywhere near conclusive. It's an insignificant number of results when compared to the whole picture. The whole picture is BIG. Spin the wheel a few thousand times and the odds will bear out. The same is true for the battle odds. That's why trying to rely on or draw comclusions from a small amount of anecdotal evidence is not a good idea.

Everyone's (identical level) dragons are the same. To be different, the dragon would have to be coded differently in different players' games. That's not happening unless people are using radically different versions of the game. Your level 15 Diamond Dragon is exactly the same as everyone else's level 15 Diamond Dragon.

Learning about how odds, probability, and statistics apply to gambling is one if the best things players can do to gain an understanding of how the Arena works. It's the same concepts, but with dragons instead of cards or dice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast