Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November Dragons: Drake Dragon and Scarbolt Dragon

Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for the crafting of both the monthly dragons. You should have been able to obtain enough points to craft one Drake and two Scarbolt Dragons (disenchant the first for 100 essences, then craft the second).

I'm sure you know that the dragons with crafting points linked to the Tournaments are more challenging to win. I've found that the easiest way to earn points for this dragon is to work hard at winning all the tournaments put out during the month; they are tough and time-consuming, but not impossible. I usually end with 1K to 2K+ points extra for this dragon if I complete all tournaments, but because I missed the last battle of the previous tourney, finished with only 600 extra points.

Banned
    Funny that people have this opinion when so many so otherwise!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for the crafting of both the monthly dragons. You should have been able to obtain enough points to craft one Drake and two Scarbolt Dragons (disenchant the first for 100 essences, then craft the second).

I'm sure you know that the dragons with crafting points linked to the Tournaments are more challenging to win. I've found that the easiest way to earn points for this dragon is to work hard at winning all the tournaments put out during the month; they are tough and time-consuming, but not impossible. I usually end with 1K to 2K+ points extra for this dragon if I complete all tournaments, but because I missed the last battle of the previous tourney, finished with only 600 extra points.
    Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! Every tournament is completed and every side dragon bred and leveled to the required 10! Quests completed! Actually even redo tournaments for rewards on a repeat dragon!

What do I know, I have only played this game for the past 7 plus years and have all Tournament dragons either in storage or on my Isle!

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don’t offend!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-29-18 at 11:39 AM. Reason: inappropriate comment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! Every tournament is completed and every side dragon bred and leveled to the required 10! Quests completed! Actually even redo tournaments for rewards on a repeat dragon!

What do I know, I have only played this game for the past 7 plus years and have all Tournament dragons either in storage or on my Isle!

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don’t offend!
    I completed everything but dragon tales like you and I agree, there wasn't enough points in November to be able to skip an event. For those saying there was enough, I want proof in numbers. Someone post the exact numbers to show me how skipping Tales would've still got me enough points for Drake in 25 days. The burden of proof is in your hands Storm8 and people who believed the repeated message.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-29-18 at 11:39 AM. Reason: edited quote

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    <...snip...>
    Funny that people have this opinion when so many so otherwise!
    Did you notice that I said, "Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for..."? I did not dispute the raising of the bar or the missing tournament.

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don?t offend!
    It's like you said, it's doable even though they raise the bar, unlike in another of their games where some events are REALLY no longer playable.

You're not the only one who has been playing DS since the beginning, though I am more selective when it comes to tournament dragons I fight for because I stopped competing in every new tourney when they stopped making the prize dragons exclusively champions. Also, I've been playing long enough to know how to win >80% of the battles at first try.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 11-29-18 at 11:40 AM. Reason: edited quote/response to quote

Rhino Keeper
    It seems that people who couldn't finish the dragon tales weren't able to get Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I completed everything but dragon tales like you and I agree, there wasn't enough points in November to be able to skip an event. For those saying there was enough, I want proof in numbers. Someone post the exact numbers to show me how skipping Tales would've still got me enough points for Drake in 25 days. The burden of proof is in your hands Storm8 and people who believed the repeated message.
    I don't think it's possible to get the dragon without completing the Tales event, maybe not fully completing every tourney but Tales, no. I missed the last battle in the previous tournament of this month and had to complete tales to get the dragon. I was left with only 600 points after crafting the dragon; actually, it was closer to 580.
    Last edited by deadpixel; 11-29-18 at 08:24 AM.

Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! <...snip...>
    Actually, I'm curious. How did you managed to finish with 5,000,000 extra points?

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, I see, from the last Dragon Tale:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4B95CED-7D02-41E4-BF0A-626E20FA483D.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	48934

Let's look at the last 3 Chapters:

Chapter 8: 730 perfect stars.
    Chapter 9: 1250 perfect stars.
    Chapter 10: 2090 perfect stars.

Total : 4070 perfect stars.

So, if you fail to breed Weasel, you cannot finish the last 3 chapters and you cannot get Drake. That was my case, I could not breed weasel, even when I used 2 dens and I gold-rushed some breedings and hatchings.

Edit: I also failed to get Ashfeather and Compassion. So If you fail to breed Weasel, you will miss 3 dragons.
    Last edited by tromalyt; 11-29-18 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromalyt View Post
    Oh, I see, from the last Dragon Tale:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4B95CED-7D02-41E4-BF0A-626E20FA483D.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	48934

Let's look at the last 3 Chapters:

Chapter 8: 730 perfect stars.
    Chapter 9: 1250 perfect stars.
    Chapter 10: 2090 perfect stars.

Total : 4070 perfect stars.

So, if you fail to breed Weasel, you cannot finish the last 3 chapters and you cannot get Drake. That was my case, I could not breed weasel, even when I used 2 dens and I gold-rushed some breedings and hatchings.
    Instead of using gold for speed-breeding, did you have enough gold (112) to skip the Weasel Dragon Acts entirely?

My take on these "common" dragons required for the Tales Events is that you should just try to breed them normally, maybe with boosts from Bingo if you have them, but you should just skip their Acts entirely if you cannot. Buying them would cost you 200 gold.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast